Head to Head Win/Defeat Records

vikingTON

Our recent meetings and, predictably enough, victories against Dumbarton have highlighted the stat that Dumbarton have lost more matches to Morton than any other club in Scottish football.  Depending on your definition of competitive match and accounting for last night's game, it's now 96 Dumbarton defeats/Morton wins in 173 head to head matches, or merely 85 Dumbarton defeats/Morton wins from 157 games in the regular Scottish leagues as well as Scottish, League and Challenge Cup competitions.  I'd assume that Dumbarton's record number of defeats in head to head comparison is also Morton's record number of wins given the quite regular meetings between the two clubs; for that same reason I wouldn't be surprised if that proved to be a record across Scottish football as a whole. Yet the overall best/worst head to head records must be an intriguing set of records to compile though - perhaps Arbroath have actually beaten Montrose ninety times to establish the most one-sided derby in Scottish football history...

Let all the historic bitches of other Scottish football clubs be named and shamed on this thread!

Bitches indeed......

CELTIC WINS DRAWS MORTON WINS
FA Cup 13 2 1
League Cup 7 0 3
League 83 26 13
Total 103 28

HEARTS WINS DRAWS MORTON WINS
FA Cup 7 4 1
League 58 26 28
League Cup 6 0 4
Total 71 30

RANGERS WINS DRAWS MORTON WINS
FA Cup 13 2 1
League 89 23 14
League Cup 13 2 0
Total 115 27 15

HIBERNIAN WINS DRAWS MORTON WINS
League 59 34 37
League Cup 7 1 3
FA Cup 6 1 0
Total 72 36 40

I think Falkirk and Aberdeen are probably the teams who have beaten us the most in our history

INVERNESS CT WINS DRAWS FALKIRK WINS
League 12 9 19
Minor Cup 1 0 0
League Cup 0 0 3
FA Cup 1 0 1
Total 14 9

INVERNESS CT WINS DRAWS ABERDEEN WINS
League 10 10 20
League Cup 0 1 2
FA Cup 0 1 2
Total 10 12

Our best records are probably against Ross County and St Mirren

INVERNESS CT WINS DRAWS ROSS COUNTY WINS
League 22 13 14
League Cup 1 0 1
FA Cup 1 1 0
Minor Cup 2 0 0
Total 26 14

INVERNESS CT WINS DRAWS ST MIRREN WINS
League 22 15 12
FA Cup 2 1 0
League Cup 2 0 0
Minor Cup 1 0 0
Total 27 16 12

According to Fitbastats the team Cowdenbeath have lost most to is Alloa - 181 games, 61 wins, 32 draws and 88 defeats.

Celtic have beaten us 22 times out of 27. while Rangers have beaten us 31 times out of 38.

Team we've beaten the most? Albion Rovers 87 wins.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Our recent meetings and, predictably enough, victories against Dumbarton have highlighted the stat that Dumbarton have lost more matches to Morton than any other club in Scottish football.  Depending on your definition of competitive match and accounting for last night's game, it's now 96 Dumbarton defeats/Morton wins in 173 head to head matches, or merely 85 Dumbarton defeats/Morton wins from 157 games in the regular Scottish leagues as well as Scottish, League and Challenge Cup competitions.  I'd assume that Dumbarton's record number of defeats in head to head comparison is also Morton's record number of wins given the quite regular meetings between the two clubs; for that same reason I wouldn't be surprised if that proved to be a record across Scottish football as a whole. Yet the overall best/worst head to head records must be an intriguing set of records to compile though - perhaps Arbroath have actually beaten Montrose ninety times to establish the most one-sided derby in Scottish football history...

Let all the historic bitches of other Scottish football clubs be named and shamed on this thread!

Buddies  have played Liverpool once in my lifetime and it was a draw. Read and Weep Pep:angel

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd imagine pretty much any team who has spent a significant amount of time in the top division has a worse record against Celtic/Rangers than any other teams.

Rangers have only spent 2 seasons in the top division ?

• 2 weeks later...

The team Dumbarton have the most wins against is Albion Rovers. We've beaten them 75 times in 161 games. Morton as VT says are the team to beat us the most and are also the team we've played the most games against.

Archived