Morton v Queens - 14/04/2018

37 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Over the course of 9 games there has been an 11 point turnaround between Morton and Dunfermline.

People actually wonder why Morton fans want Duffy sacked, fucking hell.

Do they tho? 

Obviously the mutant boo boy brigade do, but they hate everyone and anyone. Especially themselves.

Is this not his first season where he hasn't improved the position?

I'm not backing him up, the football this season has got worse and worse, and some of the selections and formations baffling. But let's remember where we were when Duffy took over.

There's so much hate from supposed morton fans. For a guy who's done alot for this club.

If there's a good young or old manager who wants to come to morton and we could afford him then that would be great. But who?

I'm serious, name some contenders for the job?

If there's nobody good I'd rather stick with Duffy. Who I doubt would get us relegated and might get us in the playoffs.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Duffy fails this season, and not getting into the playoffs from the position we were in would be a failure, then lack of candidates shouldn't be an excuse to reward failure.

What he's done before now doesn't negate what's happening now. If we were to get relegated when he went, then that'd be down to the board. It wouldn't make Duffy going the wrong decision. It'd make the next appointment the wrong decision.

9 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

If Duffy fails this season, and not getting into the playoffs from the position we were in would be a failure, then lack of candidates shouldn't be an excuse to reward failure.

I'm not an authority on the credible candidates, but offhand I can't think of one.

So if we're morton fans do we not want what's best for morton?

It's not rewarding failure, it's accepting reality

2 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Reality is we should be doing better than we're doing this season. I'm not really going to be an apologist for mediocrity here, so I'm done with this.

In your reality where should we be? 

Division one? Where we were a couple of seasons ago? 

Top of the premier looking fwd to our champions league campaign?

We played well for 70 mins .Two up top made a big difference and we played some decent stuff in this period and created some good chances.

Even in a relatively meaningless game for us GN reverted to type and after being very comfortable suddenly withdrew Dykes into midfield, introduced Rankin and Murray. Dobbie left isolated up front and everybody back behind the ball. Invited trouble and turned a comfortable position into a panic. Great save by Martin in dying minutes.

Typical Queens we have had so many chances to hoist ourselves into play off contention but we go and win at a tough away venue when it is already too late.

Clearly a very good result but dont understand the negativity especially in a dead rubber?

I don’t think Morton fans think we should be doing better and most accept we are probably a middle second tier team, but it’s the fact that the owner and manager are happy to accept that and there is no ambition to go that one better that annoys everyone. We need someone to come in to take us to that next level. We will always be a middle of the second tier team while Rae is the owner, which is why he needs to sell up ASAP.

10 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

In your reality where should we be? 

Division one? Where we were a couple of seasons ago? 

Top of the premier looking fwd to our champions league campaign?

We should be in a position where we can see signs that individual players have been developed and improved and that whilst we might not have won every game,  the reasons for our failure were not down to poor team selection or our manager being outthought and tactically inferior to the oppositions.   For the opposition to have seven shots to our one in the early stages of a must win home game (and these stats are pretty common for us) suggests ineptitude rather than real ability.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Do they tho? 

Obviously the mutant boo boy brigade do, but they hate everyone and anyone. Especially themselves.

I'm not backing him up, the football this season has got worse and worse, and some of the selections and formations baffling. But let's remember where we were when Duffy took over.

There's so much hate from supposed morton fans. For a guy who's done alot for this club.

If there's a good young or old manager who wants to come to morton and we could afford him then that would be great. But who?

If there's nobody good I'd rather stick with Duffy. Who I doubt would get us relegated and might get us in the playoffs.

I'm going to give this a properly argued response later, which I can't be arsed doing just now because I'm drinking and trying to forget football exists, but can we please get this kind of defeatist revisionism in the bin?

Do they tho? 

Gary Naysmith with John Rankin as his No.2.

This is a bizarre season.  Have we had a better away record in any Championship season? 

And yet, we're pretty lousy, with an unspeakably bad home record.  

It's amusing reading other fans bemoaning a manager making inexplicable selections; while apologists strive to mount a flimsy defence.  All terribly familiar.

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Do they tho? 

It's the boards job to identify a suitable replacement.

Do they tho? 

Ffs you can piss off along with Duffy

Sad to think u need to be well over 35 to remember the ton last in the top flight #mediocrity 

For us it is a lot worse - mid 60s since we have been in top flight. In this long period clubs of comparable size or smaller have all had spells in top flight :-

Airdrie, Raith,Dumbarton, Hamilton, Ross County, Inverness, Morton, Ayr, Arbroath, Livvy, Clydebank. I have ignored Falkirk and Pars because they are clearly much bigger clubs than Queens.

Apologies if any others have been missed but when you see that list it highlights our disappointment pretty well.

Jezzo Morton were rank, to not score against us is some achievement. Not many teams have been able to do that this season. It's been some fall from grace over the last couple of months for the ton.

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Jezzo Morton were rank, to not score against us is some achievement. Not many teams have been able to do that this season. It's been some fall from grace over the last couple of months for the ton.

We've had plenty of clean sheets this season. Its just they havent been recent and when they have come along they've tended to be part of 0-0 draws more often than not.

Archived