Champions 2017/18 vs. Livi

Just now, glenburn bud said:

In fairness to Danny he gives it and he takes some amount of hits.

He did take some real punishment from your two centre backs on sat  and in all honesty I haven’t got a clue why one or both did not receive a card. 

The boy is a tank and I think he’ll be a major asset to us in the premiership.

Yeah you really noticed the difference in him last season, he must've been working hard during the close season and bulked up to give himself a lot more strength on the ball. Certainly gives defenders a torrid time, constant pest with plenty of energy.

I don't particularly like Hippo because of his poor  attitude at Livi, but I really hope it goes well for Mullen.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't particularly like Hippo because of his poor  attitude at Livi, 

We've not seen much of him yet to be honest from his odd fleeting appearance off the bench he's looked good so far.  But i'd imagine if he's rooted to the bench constantly some of this attitude may reappear.  i expect him to get some game time over the remainder of the season.

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah you really noticed the difference in him last season, he must've been working hard during the close season and bulked up to give himself a lot more strength on the ball. Certainly gives defenders a torrid time, constant pest with plenty of energy.

I don't particularly like Hippo because of his poor  attitude at Livi, but I really hope it goes well for Mullen.

I reckon Danny has the tools to do a job in the top flight,,especially at where we will be operating around the bottom six. I haven’t seen enough of Hippo in regards to him not having a lot of game time with us, so Im Not sure how he will get on when moving up a level. 

Jack is not the sentimental type and there will be a few who won’t make the step up as they make way for new signings that will make us competitive in the premiership.

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

We've not seen much of him yet to be honest from his odd fleeting appearance off the bench he's looked good so far.  But i'd imagine if he's rooted to the bench constantly some of this attitude may reappear.  i expect him to get some game time over the remainder of the season.

Not getting game time isn't his problem, completely giving up when his team aren't playing well is. Started really well with us, but when we were in a relegation scrap he couldn't give a f**k. Started well with Falkirk, but when they started losing games he seemed to stop giving it his all. I imagine when you're in the Premiership you won't be winning as often as this season so we'll see if it's just a coincidence or if he'll chuck it again. Met him once on a night out as well and he came across as an arrogant tit.

On the other hand, hope Danny Mullen does well. Wound me right up on Saturday but that was partly why I liked him so much at Livi, seeing the reaction he got from opposition players/fans.

Hippo was a big game player, and against Hearts, Hibs and Sevco he scored goals and showed flashes of being a really good player, but too often he'd sulk and act like a petulant kid when it wasn't going his way, and in the end that soured things for him at Livi.

Maybe playing in the top league will motivate him enough to finally show he has the consistency in his performances but I have my doubts.

Danny Mullen was a great servant to our football club, he stuck by us through good times and bad and for that I have the upmost respect for him, he very much deserved his move to a premiership bound club and I wish him all the best, I’m sure he will do himself justice in the top league given a chance.

He’s never been what I would call a prolific goal scorer, he will chip in with the odd goal here and there but he puts in a lot of effort and harasses the opposition defences better than anyone and will create chances for them around him.

He will win freekick after freekick, think what frustrated the Livi fans at the weekend was the one he won just on the edge of the box before half time, he went down in stages but it’s nothing we hadn’t seen before, when he done it in a Livi shirt it was ok :lol:

I think Livi have a really good chance of signing Ryan Hardie on a permenant deal, as the Rangers scout who signed him works beside me. He’s apparently got zero chance of another deal at Rangers according to him.

Then again given that display yesterday  at hampden he might just get another chance.:lol:

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I think Livi have a really good chance of signing Ryan Hardie on a permenant deal, as the Rangers scout who signed him works beside me. He’s apparently got zero chance of another deal at Rangers according to him.

Then again given that display yesterday  at hampden he might just get another chance.:lol:

Even if Rangers aren't interested I'd imagine other clubs richer than us will be. Would be delighted if we could keep him though, was exactly the kind of player we were missing in the earlier parts of the season. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I disagree that he had a poor attitude; several people say that he got himself deliberately sent off so that he didn't have to play at Ibrox that time but for me that's just fairy stories.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I disagree that he had a poor attitude; several people say that he got himself deliberately sent off so that he didn't have to play at Ibrox that time but for me that's just fairy stories.

Have to disagree with the first part, for me he had an awful attitude, he was playing for a team battling for points to stay in the league and there wasn’t an ounce of battling skill from him, I have no doubt he has great ability, we saw it first hand now and again but I would call Hippo a luxury player we simply couldn’t afford to have in our side at that time.

It was no surprise to me to see him doing fairly well for Falkirk at a time when they were doing well but again struggling for them this season when the going got tough.

When the video of him acting smart on the team bus on the way to ibrox appeared after he got sent off the week before surfaced that was the end for him from my point of view. 

Im not for one second suggesting he got sent off deliberately, it was petulant and silly against Dumbarton, it was the forementioned video that lost him the support he previously had in my view. 

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

As LL says, even if he didn’t get offered a new deal at Rangers I’m almost certain there will be quite a few clubs offering him a deal that will be a lot more than we could possibly offer. 

Every club is desperate for a goal scorer and Hardie in form is a goal scorer, I’d be absolutely delighted to see him signing with us but I’m not convinced our budget would even come close to what he’d be looking for. 

On the other hand if our fans continue to love bomb him in social media he may well stay for another season :lol:

Haven’t seen enough of Hippo’ yet to know if he’s liable to sulk, disappear, or not try too hard if everything isn’t rosy. Watching him for Livvy, I had him marked down as one thing, and one thing only - a diver, who would go down if someone farted near him.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Haven’t seen enough of Hippo’ yet to know if he’s liable to sulk, disappear, or not try too hard if everything isn’t rosy. Watching him for Livvy, I had him marked down as one thing, and one thing only - a diver, who would go down if someone farted near him.

A bit harsh. I always thought he looked decent against us with Livi and Falkirk. Good level of skill and physically strong. I don't disagree that he sometimes went down far too easily, but I always thought he looked a good prospect.

43 minutes ago, Munoz said:

A bit harsh. I always thought he looked decent against us with Livi and Falkirk. Good level of skill and physically strong. I don't disagree that he sometimes went down far too easily, but I always thought he looked a good prospect.

There’s a player there, absolutely. However, when facing opposition teams, I only get brief glimpses of their talent and maybe notice one thing in particular. I won’t lie, I had him marked down as a diver. I haven’t seen it in our colours, but his appearances have been brief. Certainly a talented lad. In fact, in opposition colours I remarked to my mate that he’s a good player, don’t know why he needs to throw himself to the ground. Anyway.....he has looked lively when he’s came on, hope he gets a run tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

There’s a player there, absolutely. However, when facing opposition teams, I only get brief glimpses of their talent and maybe notice one thing in particular. I won’t lie, I had him marked down as a diver. I haven’t seen it in our colours, but his appearances have been brief. Certainly a talented lad. In fact, in opposition colours I remarked to my mate that he’s a good player, don’t know why he needs to throw himself to the ground. Anyway.....he has looked lively when he’s came on, hope he gets a run tomorrow.

Well ,hopefully his theatrics are a thing of the past now. As Jack Ross has said , we're going to have taller more physical squad next season and Hippo surely comes into that category.

10 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Well ,hopefully his theatrics are a thing of the past now. As Jack Ross has said , we're going to have taller more physical squad next season and Hippo surely comes into that category.

Agree. As I was driving out of our car park on Saturday, he was leaning on another car talking to the driver. He spotted my Saints scarf fluttering out the window and gave me a cheery wave. I waved and gave him a thumbs-up. I have nothing against the guy, thought he was a good player in opposition colours. 

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Don't know anything about that but  his attitude stank and his sending off at Dumbarton was stupid. He was getting no change out of the Dumbarton defence who were easily dealing with him so he turned around and kicked one of them right in front of the ref. After that red card it just got worse and he was finished with us. 

Hippolyte has bags of ability, but doesn’t show it enough and his attitude is God awful. Don’t think I’ve ever been so raging at a single Livingston player when he got himself sent off at Dumbarton. He was only heading one way after that.

Compare it to Mullen who worked his baws off to make it at this level, and has earned a place in the Premiership. His decision to move on in October still irks me a bit but he was a great player for us through some tough times. Who knows, maybe we’ll be coming up against him next season after all...

I am not sure whether Mullen has the ability to play well in the Premiership. That said he works very hard and will win a lot of freekicks. Wish him the best for a lot of good memories over the last few seasons.

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

In that case he'll fit right in to St  Mirren then. :lol:

Archived