Champions 2017/18 vs. Livi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some stellar defending by both teams, if Alexander got his fingers to Morgan's shot then it was some save, thought it was going in all the way when he hit it, turned our players inside out before getting his shot off too, apart from that there wasn't anything else looking like going in for either team. Looked like Ross had St Mirren working on defending long throw ins this week too, they were well defended today. In the end it looked like both of us were happy with a point, St Mirren taking a short corner to see out the game and Livi were happy enough to let them. As has been said, nice pitch invasion, everyone enjoying themselves and nobody looking for trouble, just like they should be. Well done St Mirren, you can enjoy the rest of your games as Champions getting a guard of honour or three.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Some stellar defending by both teams, if Alexander got his fingers to Morgan's shot then it was some save, thought it was going in all the way when he hit it, turned our players inside out before getting his shot off too, apart from that there wasn't anything else looking like going in for either team. Looked like Ross had St Mirren working on defending long throw ins this week too, they were well defended today. In the end it looked like both of us were happy with a point, St Mirren taking a short corner to see out the game and Livi were happy enough to let them. As has been said, nice pitch invasion, everyone enjoying themselves and nobody looking for trouble, just like they should be. Well done St Mirren, you can enjoy the rest of your games as Champions getting a guard of honour or three.

He did get his fingers to it, saw it on twitter. What a worldie of a save

Just now, ATLIS said:

He did get his fingers to it, saw it on twitter. What a worldie of a save

Thought it was a certain goal and was sitting there thinking we were bloody lucky when it hit the post,  didn't think Alexander had a hope in hell of getting near it when I saw it leave Morgan's foot, so yep, what a fucking belter of a save then.

Both teams accepted a draw with  10mins left and I did get quite emotional with pitch invasion at the end and being a saints fan 35 years that's saying something, fans chanting jack ross name at end was lovely too and he knows he has something special here and backing from the board.

Guest Back Post Misses

Well done St.Mirren. Best team in the league, not that it took much.

However Tony Fitzpatrick made a roaring c**t of himself on his BBC interview.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well done St.Mirren. Best team in the league, not that it took much.

However Tony Fitzpatrick made a roaring c**t of himself on his BBC interview.

I haven’t heard it, but as a Saints fan since 1977, I have vast experience of hearing Tony’s interviews. Did it include any, or all, of these?

We should be a top Premiership side.

Paisley deserves a top Premiership side.

There’s no reason why St Mirren shouldn’t be challenging at the top.

Lewis Morgan is worth twenty million quid.

Jack Ross will emulate Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

I’ve got tickets to see Jimi Hendrix next week, cannae’ wait.

...am I close?

On 4/12/2018 at 16:11, Afro said:

You’ve lost twice this calendar year already. Pretty mental to think Dumbarton were the last team to score into you at home!

Confident St Mirren will be nowhere near as bad as they were in February, big crowd or not. It would be an excellent result for us if we could get a win, and one which wouldn’t surprise me given our season so far. All things considered though, a draw wouldn’t be a bad result at all, and almost a bonus given the onus is on St Mirren in this one I’d say.

Meant at home - my mistake.

All done now. :angel

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I haven’t heard it, but as a Saints fan since 1977, I have vast experience of hearing Tony’s interviews. Did it include any, or all, of these?

We should be a top Premiership side.

Paisley deserves a top Premiership side.

There’s no reason why St Mirren shouldn’t be challenging at the top.

Lewis Morgan is worth twenty million quid.

Jack Ross will emulate Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

I’ve got tickets to see Jimi Hendrix next week, cannae’ wait.

...am I close?

You've got a couple there. He said that we should be a top 4 club and that what Jack Ross has done here is better than what Ferguson did.

I always smile when I hear Fitzpatrick talking about St. Mirren. The guy oozes enthusiasm, it's infectious even if what he says isn't always realistic.

Erm, to the game itself................................

After the early Morgan effort it was all a bit low key with Livi slowing the game down from within the first 10 minutes. For a big physical team prepared to dish it out they went to ground easily then played dead,

We were always the team more likely to score but as we got to the final 10 minutes it became a bit nervy until injury time when we camped in their half to see the game out.

The point was all that mattered! :clapping 

Just now, btb said:

Erm, to the game itself................................

After the early Morgan effort it was all a bit low key with Livi slowing the game down from within the first 10 minutes. For a big physical team prepared to dish it out they went to ground easily then played dead,

We were always the team more likely to score but as we got to the final 10 minutes it became a bit nervy until injury time when we camped in their half to see the game out.

The point was all that mattered! :clapping 

Pretty much summed Danny Mullen up yesterday, got a free kick for every time he fell down and put the boot in a few times too, dunno how the ref didn't book him after 3 bad fouls on our players leaving them needing treatment. Danny always went to ground a lot for us too though so dunno why our fans got so het up about him doing it yesterday, that's just how he plays, i'd still love him playing for us so good luck to him with St Mirren in the Premiership next season.

Refreshing to see a ref trying to keep his cards in his pocket though, just one yellow apiece, would rather have that than a card happy ref making it all about him.

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pretty much summed Danny Mullen up yesterday, got a free kick for every time he fell down and put the boot in a few times too, dunno how the ref didn't book him after 3 bad fouls on our players leaving them needing treatment. Danny always went to ground a lot for us too though so dunno why our fans got so het up about him doing it yesterday, that's just how he plays, i'd still love him playing for us so good luck to him with St Mirren in the Premiership next season.

Refreshing to see a ref trying to keep his cards in his pocket though, just one yellow apiece, would rather have that than a card happy ref making it all about him.

Can't say as I noticed. :lol: Back when we were at Love St. I used to go to the away stand sometimes as it had the best view in the stadium, it often seemed that I was watching a different game to the away fans. Opposing fans just see things differently and I guess that'll never change.

PS - I fully expect us to be shitfesting for the bulk of next season.

Just now, btb said:

Can't say as I noticed. :lol: Back when we were at Love St. I used to go to the away stand sometimes as it had the best view in the stadium, it often seemed that I was watching a different game to the away fans. Opposing fans just see things differently and I guess that'll never change.

PS - I fully expect us to be shitfesting for the bulk of next season.

Yeah we can all see something different at times. Sometimes I think i'm watching a different game to some of our own fans too, so maybe it's just me.:unsure::lol: 

Congratulations to Livingston's Gregor Buchanan who not only guaranteed himself a play off spot, but also secured a league winners medal as well. [emoji209][emoji209][emoji209][emoji471]

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

In fairness to Danny he gives it and he takes some amount of hits.

He did take some real punishment from your two centre backs on sat  and in all honesty I haven’t got a clue why one or both did not receive a card. 

The boy is a tank and I think he’ll be a major asset to us in the premiership.

Archived