Champions 2017/18 vs. Livi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Shouldn't this be St Mirren vs. Champions 2017/18? Because clearly the comeback is on for a last day goal difference league victory :D 

Nah, St. Mirren are the Champions 2017/18. There is no way they could f**k it up.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Shouldn't this be St Mirren vs. Champions 2017/18? Because clearly the comeback is on for a last day goal difference league victory :D 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

Livingston fans looking for bites and not talking about the game says it all for me.  We have two game home games in the space of 3 days to wrap up the title. 

Its going to happen on sat in our own ground with a full house. Can’t wait.

We really need two points to secure a play-off place; that being said we play Brechin at home next week (in some cock-eyed universe no doubt lined up for their first win of the season) so, at the moment, all the pressure is on St Mirren.

With the games left to play and one point left to earn; this pressure isn't on the premise of a must-win-game but more from the desire to win in front of their (presumably) bumper home crowd who will have their own expectations right from before the kick-off.

Irrespective you'll now have to wait until the Morton game for you to get the guard of honour :)

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

We really need two points to secure a play-off place; that being said we play Brechin at home next week (in some cock-eyed universe no doubt lined up for their first win of the season) so, at the moment, all the pressure is on St Mirren.

With the games left to play and one point left to earn; this pressure isn't on the premise of a must-win-game but more from the desire to win in front of their (presumably) bumper home crowd who will have their own expectations right from before the kick-off.

Irrespective you'll now have to wait until the Morton game for you to get the guard of honour :)

They play Falkirk midweek...

Well, this is the game I thought we would win the league in, from a couple of months ago. It's also the game I wanted us to win it at - at home, full house, party time in Paisley afterwards, and a guard of honour against Morton to come the following Saturday.

Cannot wait.

Looking forward to Saturday and a packed stadium i think this will be a nervy affair.  Would like to see Reilly starting, what sort of crowd will Livi bring to paisley?

Time to wrap this league up hopefully before the knicker wetters get in full flow

4 minutes ago, madton said:

They play Falkirk midweek...

Yes; and the'll get the one point need off them after their embarrassing whipping on Saturday from Livi.

My point was they cant have a guard of honour without having won the title which they wont do until Tuesday :)

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

What pressure :lol:12 points clear 4 games to go with 3 at home where we’ve only lost once all season........:thumsup2

Livingston are a hard team, I expect them to get right in our faces from the off and make life difficult. We don't like it when teams are physical against us and Livingston are one of the most physical teams in the league.

I'm not sure if this is the right time of the year to be making changes but I'd probably bring Reilly back in and Baird in for Mackenzie, who I think has been poor the past few games.

I'll admit that I expected us to beat United last night before the game, was even tempted by 4/1 on St. Mirren -1 (didn't take it in the end). I'm a little more apprehensive about this game - partly because of last night - and would probably take a draw now if it was offered.

That said Livingston aren't in great form, they've only won 2 games out their last 6. I fancy us to do enough to get over the line.

42 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

What pressure :lol:12 points clear 4 games to go with 3 at home where we’ve only lost once all season........:thumsup2

My post was more relating to the pressure the crowd will put on the team not your current position hence:

Just now, houston_bud said:

Livingston are a hard team, I expect them to get right in our faces from the off and make life difficult. We don't like it when teams are physical against us and Livingston are one of the most physical teams in the league.

I'm not sure if this is the right time of the year to be making changes but I'd probably bring Reilly back in and Baird in for Mackenzie, who I think has been poor the past few games.

I'll admit that I expected us to beat United last night before the game, was even tempted by 4/1 on St. Mirren -1 (didn't take it in the end). I'm a little more apprehensive about this game - partly because of last night - and would probably take a draw now if it was offered.

That said Livingston aren't in great form, they've only won 2 games out their last 6. I fancy us to do enough to get over the line.

Yeah we had been kinda stumbling along with one thing or another interrupting us getting a run of games, but actually think we're starting to get a bit of a flow going again and are coming onto some form. Something here, even a draw would be good, then Brechin at home next week, a win there would prob give us enough to get 2nd place , 3 points here and 3 next week would def get us 2nd though.

You don't want to appear too cocky pre match because if it all goes tits up your post is a cert for being quoted in a piss take, but feck it, if you can't believe in your team when you're having a good season then what's the point of it all, I really feel good about our chances in this game and think we'll score 3 or 4 goals.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Will it change its name if they do?

Nah neither can I, just want us to win this game though and keep them waiting another game..

Ryan Hardie Hattrick coming up.

There are very few players in the game that I genuinely dislike, Hardie is definitely up there at the top of the list. It’s a combination of his attitude while on loan with us during the Alex Rae debacle and a grudging admiration for the fact that’s he’s scored goals for every team while on loan,  he did the square root of f**k all for us. Rae had about 4 of his sevco pals on loan and they were all garbage.

I would love nothing more than to see him do nothing on sat while watching us win the league.:)

Archived