East Fife vs Arbroath

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say after beating Queens Park last week and breaking that hoodoo that Arbroath would then beat us to break theirs.

What a miserable season this has been. Fair play to Arbroath though, comfortably sitting in the top 4. Good luck in the play offs.

Easy second half too. Thought everyone was good. Shows the strength we have when guys like McCord and Denholm didn’t even make it on, would start for every other team below us in the league.

Great finishes from Wallace and Linn, Wallace was good today, can understand why someone on here doesn’t like him when he is playing in the position someone close to him plays, but we all love Stevie Doris too Robert the Bruce. Give Wallace a break. [emoji6]

Scott Martin should not be in League One lucky to have him. ToB bossed it. Hutton was good. Little and Hammy solid. Whatley done a job. Swankie strolled it, Gold and McKenna put a shift in and top 2 worked well together too.

Good away support through. Pinks face and reaction after a few of the shouts though also a highlight. Deary me.

Going into the last two games I’d like to see some guys given a chance, not massive changes but game time for McCord/Denholm/Linn/Hester and Skelly would be good before going into the play offs.

Which is a good achievement from DC. We have a squad full of good players so nothing to lose.

Goes without saying that we were pish and Arbroath were very good today but I was impressed with Arbroath. They've always looked like a team capable of playing attractive, effective football this season, even though they've struggled against us before today. A very complete performance from them. Play like that and you should have a chance in the play-offs. I think you'd also be much closer to being able to compete in the Championship than the rank Brechin side who flucked their way up last season.

Great result,  glad we finally broke our East Fife hoodoo this season,

Scott Martin quite possibly is best player in league, would love to see him back next season, Glad to see Wallace scoring just wish he would stop all the flicks and falling over and stick to the basics, when given the chance he is a fantastic finisher, Back 3 solid, Swankie done well too, 

Agree would love to see Changes over next few game, Maybe even give Big Rab his Gayf debut, He is absolutely great to have on bench, Didn’t stop shouting all game, Full off encouragements,

Clearly East Fife missing a few boys, Page is a massive loss for them, How is Goodfellow benched for that boy in goals, He was absolutely awful, then the 8 foot striker summed up the lack of options, 

Great result,  glad we finally broke our East Fife hoodoo this season,
Scott Martin quite possibly is best player in league, would love to see him back next season, Glad to see Wallace scoring just wish he would stop all the flicks and falling over and stick to the basics, when given the chance he is a fantastic finisher, Back 3 solid, Swankie done well too, 
Agree would love to see Changes over next few game, Maybe even give Big Rab his Gayf debut, He is absolutely great to have on bench, Didn’t stop shouting all game, Full off encouragements,
Clearly East Fife missing a few boys, Page is a massive loss for them, How is Goodfellow benched for that boy in goals, He was absolutely awful, then the 8 foot striker summed up the lack of options, 

Maybe the 2nd best player in the league behind Thomas O’Brien

8 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Obviously a bad game for McKenzie in goals but he's generally looked very solid since he's come in. Wouldn't mind having him back next season.

I thought we were poor until the first goal. Strong in defence but just hoofing the ball for Macintosh and Wallace to chase. But after that it was a great performance. Everyone great except Gold who is simply not a left back and never got into the game despite running and trying. The back 3 were fantastic. Whatley did what he does. Gavin was class. McKenna is a powerhouse. McIntosh ran and jumped and bashed defenders all day and Martin was man of the match, although I’d like to give it to Bobby for his awesome cameo appearance and cracking goal. And Wallace? He scored an excellent goal, took great corners and set up a good few chances with his passes and flicks. The boy scores goals and has talent. Yes, he is lightweight and claims a foul every time he falls over so I understand some of the moans, but him and McIntosh work well together.

Why was Ryan Wallace doing the ‘hush’ gesture after he scored? Was he getting stick from the East Fife fans? He was great when he played for us and certainly one of our best strikers of recent times.

Not sure. Got a rough idea mind you... [emoji23]

I think 95 percent of people in the away end would’ve done the same hush gesture if we were lucky enough to be on the pitch scoring. Torture yesterday, still cringing the now.

2 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Why was Ryan Wallace doing the ‘hush’ gesture after he scored? Was he getting stick from the East Fife fans? He was great when he played for us and certainly one of our best strikers of recent times.

Aye.  A bit bizarre to be honest. I've never seen him take any stick from our support and can't remember anyone shouting anything at him at any point yesterday.

Aye.  A bit bizarre to be honest. I've never seen him take any stick from our support and can't remember anyone shouting anything at him at any point yesterday.

Confirms my suspicions.

There’s only one Ryan Wallace. [emoji1]

Archived