East Fife vs Arbroath

A trip to deepest darkest Fife awaits for the playoff chasing Lichties. Hopefully we can finally secure our spot with 3 points at Bayview. Scott Martin to return hopefully and Bobby to at least make the bench.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3 EF games have been absolute disasters so far. EF fans must be wondering why we are where we are, we’ve been dreadful against them the first 2 games, we played well in our last game at Gayfield and they still took a draw.

Think I’d maybe try Kane and Skelly here too, everyone else has been starting recently but them. Also would play McCord. Just to mix it up a bit.

Little
ToB
Hammy

McKenna
Swankie
Martin
McCord
Skelly

Hester
Mcintosh

Denholm, Whatley, Wallace, Linn, Yule, Gold, Omar all on bench. It’ll never happen but would be good for a few guys to get a chance before season ends. Think we’ve got a play off secured tbh. Stranraer have Ayr this weekend.

Having just beaten QP for the first time in years we are now living in some sort of parallel universe which means Arbroath might beat us.

Good season for Arbroath to make the play-offs and finishing 3rd will give you a better opportunity of making the final. Dumbarton’s squad on paper looks much stronger than any of the League 1 sides though.

Been to Bayview a few times to watch us and only seen 1 Arbroath win, the 5-1 pumping when si murray got a hattrick. Worst experience there was when you beat us 3-2 and EF were down to 9 men. Without looking it up i think andy reilly and steven weir scored for us (maybe it was scott gates actually).

Can't see us winning this one but hopefully with Scott Martin back we can get a result. Would take a point.

Been to Bayview a few times to watch us and only seen 1 Arbroath win, the 5-1 pumping when si murray got a hattrick. Worst experience there was when you beat us 3-2 and EF were down to 9 men. Without looking it up i think andy reilly and steven weir scored for us (maybe it was scott gates actually).

Can't see us winning this one but hopefully with Scott Martin back we can get a result. Would take a point.

I remember that 3-2 game way back in 2008. Steven Tweed scored a late winner and there were #scenes.

One of the best atmospheres I’ve been to at Bayview as the fans were like a 10th and an 11th man.

Here’s our team that day:

Willie McCulloch
Kevin Fotheringham
Steven Tweed
Paul Stewart
Shaun Fagan
Dougie Cameron
Chris Templeman
Paul McManus
Dene Shields
Bobby Linn
Stevie Crawford

I always thought the 9 men game was 2-1 as opposed to 3-2, but I'm obviously wrong on that.

I remember them going down to 9 with half the second half left and thinking surely we've got this now..... Steven fucking Tweed scored the winner 2 minutes from time, and big Jonny Smart ran 50 yards to the Arbroath fans to give it the classic 'get it up ye'. The next time I saw him he was emptying the bins from my batchelor pad* in Lochee and safe to say up close he is one big, scary b*****d up close and I decided against making any of the comments I did towards him that day from the safety of the stand at Bayview....

Post match there was an absolute meltdown (quite rightly) by the away support and I remember shouting a few choice comments to John McGlashan and one of our fans, a woman well into her 70s, started pushing me and calling me a c**t which stunned me into silence :lol: My comments were warrented, but in fairness I am a total c**t so she did have a point.....

*shitty 1 bedroom house

I mind when EF were good too. They horrible green and white away kits and back when I used to despise Bobby Linn who played upfront with big Templeman. Scooshed the league that season.

I have good memories of a game which involved Paul Watson scoring from a corner. What game was that?

Also mind Steven Weir smashing in an absolute beaut of a goal.

After a very even first half, we went down to 9 men with there still being 40 minutes left, not half way through the half as has been said, and even then I still remember feeling quite comfortable and not being particularly troubled by Arbroath and thought at least a point was going to be safe with the draw, but we deservedly scored a third after quite a bit of sustained pressure by us and as said above when Tweedy hit the winner the #scenes were quite delicious!!!

Sat 25th Oct 2008

East Fife 3-2 Arbroath

Ht 2-2

Dougie Cameron (EF) 5mins

McGowan (A) 8mins

Paul McManus (EF) 36mins

Steven Weir (A) 37mins

Kevin Fotheringham (EF) S/O 43mins

Shaun Fagan (EF) S/O 50mins

Steven Tweed (EF) 86mins

IMG_3312.jpg.2cd556db503e4d62ebcb0ec4b5cdea23.jpg

There was some great games between us in that 07/08 and 08/09 period.

Arbroath gave us one of only two league defeats the year we won the league, 2-0 I think. We won 3-2 at Gayfield right at the start of the season where I'm sure Paul Tosh cut the ball across his own box stright to an East Fife player who scored from it, and took pelters. The 3-2 and down to 9 men game in 08/09.

Even the last game of the season a few years ago where we needed a point at Gayfield to avoid finishing 9th and it ended 1-1. One of the most nerve-shredding games I've ever been to.

I always thought the 9 men game was 2-1 as opposed to 3-2, but I'm obviously wrong on that.
I remember them going down to 9 with half the second half left and thinking surely we've got this now..... Steven fucking Tweed scored the winner 2 minutes from time, and big Jonny Smart ran 50 yards to the Arbroath fans to give it the classic 'get it up ye'. The next time I saw him he was emptying the bins from my batchelor pad* in Lochee and safe to say up close he is one big, scary b*****d up close and I decided against making any of the comments I did towards him that day from the safety of the stand at Bayview....
Post match there was an absolute meltdown (quite rightly) by the away support and I remember shouting a few choice comments to John McGlashan and one of our fans, a woman well into her 70s, started pushing me and calling me a c**t which stunned me into silence :lol: My comments were warrented, but in fairness I am a total c**t so she did have a point.....
*shitty 1 bedroom house

IMG_3313.jpg

Wee boost for tomorrow with both Jonathan Page and Craig Watson suspended for East Fife.  Page always seems to do well when playing against us and always liked Craig since he was with us.
Suspensions.thumb.JPG.cb18d334c3bd96a37941fa51a17192c5.JPG

A bigger boost is the return of Scott Martin

Wee boost for tomorrow with both Jonathan Page and Craig Watson suspended for East Fife.  Page always seems to do well when playing against us and always liked Craig since he was with us.
Suspensions.thumb.JPG.cb18d334c3bd96a37941fa51a17192c5.JPG

Pagey will be a miss no doubt but I'm pretty sure Chris Kane will step in there tomorrow no bother. If I'm being honest Watson won't be that much of a miss, don't get me wrong I really like him as a player but most of his appearances this year have been from off the bench so he's less of a miss tbh!!!

Archived