Pars vs Brechin

Brechin are a hard working team. They showed that our last game up there. 

They never seemed to let their heads drop even after Nicky's third went in, they kept on having a go. It could be a costly mistake to take this game lightly and change the team. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Robinson

Martin MVoto Morris Talbot

Beadling

Aird Craigen Cardle

Clark Ryan

How on earth do you manage to get Joe Cardle back in the team? The players in the positions now don't deserve to be dropped and he's done nothing to warrant a place in the team.

Absolutely no chance Aird or Higgy should be dropped and I'm probably Joe Cardle's biggest fanboy.

If McManus is suspended then Ryan comes in for him and, barring injury, there should be no other changes. We need to get the play-off spot confirmed before we even think about resting players. If we do our job and get in front on Saturday then AJ will have the chance to give guys like Cardle, Armstrong and Vincent some game time.

No. Barring any injuries/suspensions, we should be sticking with the same team that has done so well recently. Madness to do otherwise, even if it is Brechin, with all due respect. 

AJ doesn’t really do tinkering unless it’s  on the back of a shitey result. Think McManus is suspended for the next game so maybe see Andy Ryan on quite early for some game time.

I have seen it suggested in a few places McManus would miss Inverness, but I don't think that's the case. Think some have noticed he's on 6 yellows but forgotten the one he got vs falkirk isn't counted as he served a suspension for it already.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I have seen it suggested in a few places McManus would miss Inverness, but I don't think that's the case. Think some have noticed he's on 6 yellows but forgotten the one he got vs falkirk isn't counted as he served a suspension for it already.

Oh good. Suppose now we’ve won at Falkirk we should be less apprehensive going there (providing we deal with Brechin). 

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

There's not going to be complacency from us here, will there? We'd be as well wrapping everyone up in cotton wool as they say, for the Inverness game.

Play Mvoto and Clark. Job done.

He nearly did it all himself.

Never seen that before but you could have blanked him out in that footage and I’d still be able to tell you it was M’Voto.

Take note Nicky Clark..
Brechin had a real good go at us that day and it took some superb finishing to kill them off. Can’t take this game lightly. 

Your right for the first ten minutes it was 2 0 going on 10 0. Then we got a goal and battered yous for about an hour. But no arguing about his hat trick goal . That was our only defeat in a 10 game run to keep us up .

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Beadling “touch and go” so big Nat might be back in the starting 11. 

REVEELING MEDICAL RECORDS!!!! OUTRAGOEUS! SCCUMMMMM! FYLTH! BOOOOOOOO!!!!

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:19, CITY1974 said:

Na can t see it , but what about us getting 5 points from our remaining 3 games ???
United are struggling and we ll be up for it .
Livvy away they might be resting players for play offs and our games have nt been too big a mistake matches.
QOS nothing to play for ...
Just a thought.
Maybe wrong thread emoji16.png

At least Mackin wont be playing against us, he'd have been a nap to score. Hoppy doesn't usually rest players towards other games though, even against Celtic colts he put out our best  XI. And we'll be still needing at least 3 points to make sure of 2nd place too, so it is an important game for us.

Tough match this. 

Its one of those where all the pressure is on Dunfermline to win and Brechin have nothing to lose. We should win, but, Brechin will be gunning for their first victory this term. 

Should be the same 18 as against Falkirk but if Vincent is back, I'd start him in place of Beadling who is a doubt. No point risking him IMO. If Vincent isn't fit, Nat will likely come in with Shiels back amongst the subs. 

If we get an early goal, it'll settle everyone down. I'm going for a 2-0 Pars win. McManus and Aird to get the goals. 

COYP! :thumsup2

Archived