Morton v Dumbarton - Tuesday night

McHugh what the feck  I said bring him on usually delivers in last 20 mins but 4 on one and hits a moon shot when a side pass to an open goal was the simple play.

After the divit through-in loss on Saturday didn't think our luck could sink any lower, step in Tam the shot blocker deflector.

Season over no Son's leave door open in 94th and boy from Oz appears a yard from goal,  season back on until the next calamity.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, optimistic said:

Amazing we’ve turned from being reasonably stingy defensively (despite being beaten), and not scoring, to losing a barrowload of goals, yet scoring a few, but still getting beat. Like I said pre match, the hoodoo continues

Yup, Stevie needs to learn to play more defensively.  Perhaps try to grind out a 0-0 for about 70 minutes, then bring a couple of our better players off the bench and go for the 1-0.

;)

Amazing we’ve turned from being reasonably stingy defensively (despite being beaten), and not scoring, to losing a barrowload of goals, yet scoring a few, but still getting beat. Like I said pre match, the hoodoo continues

I think there's one glaring conclusion we can draw from the last two games - Carswell and Hutton might help us defend better but we don't score goals when they are the CM pairing. I know what I'd rather watch.

10 hours ago, #Gary said:

Tidser and Harkins as a midfield 2 does not work... how many fucking times?!

Tidser was honking and was deservedly hooked off. Tiff made a difference when he came on.

McHugh will be a very relieved man and certainly owes Iredale for bailing him out. That was quite possibly the worst thing I have ever seen. 

If Tidser wasn't carrying some sort of an injury then you really should be disappointed in his performance. He's a class player, and it's the type of games you look to your better players to show their worth. But last night he just wasn't in it, to be honest he didn't look interested. Very lackluster and at times looked as if he was just going through the motions.

No excuses at this time of the season, as a defeat or draw realistically ended our playoff chances.

Harkins on the other hand was superb last night -work rate and performance. Our left back Iredale running into the box on the 94th minute to score a crucial goal was what it was all about.

Who would have said at the start of the season we would be praising Harkins for work rate and performance and criticising Tidser?     

Tids look stale after Sat when I thought were physically out fought in the middle of the park.

442 worked better and  with Fraser adding some energy but generally a low temp team performance.

9 hours ago, virginton said:

That'll be our 96th win in 173 meetings I believe. More pumpings from The Famous' boaby than any other club in Scottish football. Not arrogant; just better, 

Related image

Bravo, vt. Excellent work indeed.

It's good to know that, while supporters of both teams were trying to sleep and forget most of what they'd seen earlier in the evening, there was still one wee fanny beavering away at 2.00 in the morning putting the final polish to a post that we could all collectively point at and laugh next morning.

vt, you are an example to us all.  Just...... well, not a GOOD example.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think there's one glaring conclusion we can draw from the last two games - Carswell and Hutton might help us defend better but we don't score goals when they are the CM pairing. I know what I'd rather watch.

Whilst I agree to an extent about this, I also think it has a lot to do with changes in the full back areas. When Dick had to go off last night and Grant Gall came on, we were significantly weakened. Obviously Morton brought on Tiffoney (I think) at about the same time but we just looked so much more unconfortable after that change. I feel if we had Wardrop and McLaughlin both fit and playing in their natural positions we would not have lost last night, regardless of Carswells absence.

Whilst I agree to an extent about this, I also think it has a lot to do with changes in the full back areas. When Dick had to go off last night and Grant Gall came on, we were significantly weakened. Obviously Morton brought on Tiffoney (I think) at about the same time but we just looked so much more unconfortable after that change. I feel if we had Wardrop and McLaughlin both fit and playing in their natural positions we would not have lost last night, regardless of Carswells absence.

You’d only sub those two in the case of injury, so why sub a defender away from home, earning a decent point? Tactical genius out the window

5 minutes ago, optimistic said:

You’d only sub those two in the case of injury, so why sub a defender away from home, earning a decent point? Tactical genius out the window

I think Dick was injured. The real question is why did he not bring on Dougie Hill to play right back (or shifting Dowie over as we did at TNS) instead of a central midfielder who hasn't played more than 20 minutes of competitive football in over 2 years and has been proven to be fairly poor at right back (not blaming G. Gall at all here).

19 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Yep, he came off injured. Hopefully not something that will keep him out longer term!

Archived