mileage rule

nicotina

Is there not some silly rule saying clubs can't play close to a junior cup semi and if so how come glenafton are playing at home when Talbot are at home? 

The rule also says that teams in the same region as any of the semi finalists can't play, but like Glensmad says, thankfully that rule has been ignored since the introduction of 2 legged semis. Really time it got voted off​ the rulebook.

From the rulebook, which everyone seems to claim to know but apparently don't. Rule 16, Page 17 mentioned below is the one about the 25 mile exclusion zone.

In the event of ties being played on a home and away basis:

1. The aggregate score will determine the winner.

2. If the teams’ cumulative scores are even after the second

90 minutes, the overall outcome will be decided by penalty

kick system.

3. In the event of the tie being played over 2 games, Rule 16,

page 17, will not apply.

4.The first drawn club in each Semi Final will play at home

in the first game.

^^^ That's not what rule 16 says on page 17 of the SJFA rules and Constitution on the SJFA website, which I assumed was the latest one. Silly me.

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/SJFA%20Constitution%20%20Rules%202017-18.pdf

^^^ That's not what rule 16 says on page 17 of the SJFA rules and Constitution on the SJFA website, which I assumed was the latest one. Silly me. 

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/SJFA%20Constitution%20%20Rules%202017-18.pdf

I didn't say that was rule 16, I said it referred to rule 16. This is rule 16, which doesn't apply if the semis are 2 legged ties. 

16. On dates fixed for the Semi-Finals and Final of the Scottish

Junior Cup no games shall take place within a 25 mile radius of the

venue of such games and no games shall take place in any of the

Regions from which the competing Clubs come.

9 hours ago, retired said:

No, keep the rule and move the semi’s back to a Friday night for big crowds, good atmosphere and a real cup tie .

In an ideal world it would be great but in reality it's a non starter as it would only work with floodlights at all venues.  

Lochee and Talbot players (and indeed fans) would seriously struggle to get to the other side of the country from work on a Friday for a 6:30 kick off. 

That's why I posted about the rule ,ridiculous triangular tournament which added to the current backlog nobody was interested in as can be seen by the crowds that turned up.all these neutral fans in their thousands ignored

Back in the day when most present day committee men could still run for a bus, the semi finals were held on a Friday night in a Senior ground. There was no clash with any other Junior game.

Some right big crowds too. Was at lithgae v Bo’ness at almondvale. Livi in the prem at the time and it was one of the biggest crowds there that season

Archived