The Super v Stranraer FC

The players are meant to be professionals and act like professionals. Not like wee eedjits!

Yes but they are also human beings not robots. They are entitled to their opinion just as much as the fans are. None of the players were abusive they simply stood up to the guy who was spouting rubbish and asked him what his problem was.

Nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it when players give it back to the arseholes in the stands that are screaming abuse at them to be honest. Especially when the guys are supposed to be your own supporters.

Would love to see what these angry unhinged people would do if the roles were reversed and someone was shouting shite at them.

Ayr have broken a load of records, scored a tonne of goals and are a bawhair away from clinching the league and still get this happening.

You’d think any self respecting adult human being would be able to hold their tongue.

Love it when players give it back to the arseholes in the stands that are screaming abuse at them to be honest. Especially when the guys are supposed to be your own supporters.

Would love to see what these angry unhinged people would do if the roles were reversed and someone was shouting shite at them.

Ayr have broken a load of records, scored a tonne of goals and are a bawhair away from clinching the league and still get this happening.

You’d think any self respecting adult human being would be able to hold their tongue.

In the last couple of years I’ve seen more and more players confront fans and as usual the fan plays the victim card and says the player is being unprofessional.

You’d think this season fans would wind their necks in but no. From giving Hart abuse from behind the goals to questioning McCalls tactics when we’re 4-0 up it really is bizarre.

Mate, have you seen our home top for next year? No-one will look good in it

Must be one of the few fans that doesn’t mind the two kits. The home one is ok but will look better with the black shorts. The away kit is an absolute belter though.

The only complaint I’ve got is the logo but I think that just because I was used to Bodog.

7 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

So if a fan pays his money he can run his mouth constantly criticising the team?
No wonder the players jumped to the defence of their teammates and manager. If the guy is able to dish it out then he can’t be shocked when a couple of players who are sitting right in front of him call him out for it.

Not saying we should chuck fans out every week but there are folk at Somerset every week who are never happy with the team and regardless of whether or not they have paid money the atmosphere would be a lot better without them.

Maybe the club needs to update the fans like it did about running on the pitch. As long as everyone is aware you will get thrown out if Docherty or Boyle disagree with your opinion then there can be no complaints

7 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Don't know how close Somerset lad was to the supporter but I am within touching distance and mr petiggrew instigated the fan be ejected he did not ask the guy to leave he went straight to the steward insisting the guy be ejected without asking what happened.

the fan had a differing opinion of mr mcalls tactics to which Boyle jumped up shouting and docherty following with his tuppence worth at the end the guy lost it but no doubt for me Boyle and docherty caused this by not being able to sit in the box and let the fan voice his opinion whether they liked it or not the guy pays his money and they should know better if they can't handle don't sit in that area.

Again, it depends what the guy has said when he 'lost it'. I do agree that the players should be able to rise above it to a point. If Mark has chucked him the guy has obviously crossed the line.

It's funny how people see things differently, I always stand on the North Terrace round about the half way line. People on here and on other platforms complain how negative it is. Yet I've never heard it, you get the odd disgruntled shout if we're losing, it can be like a morgue at times admittedly but no-one is spouting bile.

Maybe the club needs to update the fans like it did about running on the pitch. As long as everyone is aware you will get thrown out if Docherty or Boyle disagree with your opinion then there can be no complaints

For the last time he wasn’t thrown out because of a differing opinion. He was thrown out because of the abusive language i.e swearing.

8 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Don't know how close Somerset lad was to the supporter but I am within touching distance and mr petiggrew instigated the fan be ejected he did not ask the guy to leave he went straight to the steward insisting the guy be ejected without asking what happened.

the fan had a differing opinion of mr mcalls tactics to which Boyle jumped up shouting and docherty following with his tuppence worth at the end the guy lost it but no doubt for me Boyle and docherty caused this by not being able to sit in the box and let the fan voice his opinion whether they liked it or not the guy pays his money and they should know better if they can't handle don't sit in that area.

So a guy shouts abuse, can’t take anything back and turns into a foaming mess to the extent that he needs to be physically removed?

Another seething loser gone. Pleasing.

9 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

I though Okoh was awful but looked world class compared to the boy he was subbed off for.

Obviously hope we go up but don’t like leaving Stranraer with them having won the last game. Hopefully we draw each other in the league cup group and put them back in their place.

The boy that came on for okoh is only 18 years old. Played for scotland school boys the last week that beat England. 

You've got to hand it to Stranraer, the way they've responded to losing key players has been impressive. I would be disappointed if they couldn't grab a point off Raith on Saturday. 

I've never been so scunnered after an Ayr game but it wasn't so much the final result which was bad enough, more the sending off of a key player, the new injuries and the implications for the next two games, and the fact we've suddenly handed over the initiative by playing on the Sunday. I'm at a loss to explain why the Moff wasn't on earlier, it was crying out for someone to hold the ball further forward. Too many high balls towards Moore didn't and never will work.

What a disaster it would be to lose the title to a team with fans that have spent the whole season moaning on here and barracking their manager while still top of the league when they played us. It cannot happen :shutup

42 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

What a disaster it would be to lose the title to a team with fans that have spent the whole season moaning on here and barracking their manager while still top of the league when they played us. It cannot happen :shutup

Pfft if we win the league it would be fucking hilarious considering that'll have been two seasons now both teams have been going toe to toe for a league title and both seasons Ayr fans have celebrated that it was over before being roundly kicked in the stones. And no I don't think we'll win it but in the meantime it's enjoyable to watch most Ayr fans squirm.

That's a clear red, he leaps about 2 yards behind the flight of the ball (after looking) to elbow the guy. You can also tell a lot by a player's reaction, if a player really thought he'd been unjustifiably sent off in a game that big I'm pretty sure he'd have reacted more than he did. He looked like he couldn't even be arsed to pretend that it was unfair, and neither could his team mates.

Also, his stamp on a Raith player a few weeks ago means that he gets no benefit of the doubt, obviously has a sly side which he's hopefully now learned he wont get away with.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That's a clear red. You can also tell a lot by a player's reaction, if a player really thought he'd been unjustifiably sent off in a game that big I'm pretty sure he'd have reacted more than he did. He looked like he couldn't even be arsed to pretend that it was unfair, and neither could his team mates.

Also, his stamp on a Raith player a few weeks ago means that he gets no benefit of the doubt, obviously has a sly side which he's hopefully now learned he wont get away with.

He actually reacted big style at the ref, no idea what was said but probabaly had something to do with the ref ignoring every challenge he took that day.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

He actually reacted big style at the ref, no idea what was said but probabaly had something to do with the ref ignoring every challenge he took that day.

Do you mean the kicking dished out to Okah the whole game?

1 hour ago, thomas 62 said:

Do you mean the kicking dished out to Okah the whole game?

Okah did a Michael Moore/Chris Templeman all game, every touch he took was with his back to goal, folded at the knees and looked for a free-kick which he never got. Contributed absolutely nothing all game. 

31 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Okah did a Michael Moore/Chris Templeman all game, every touch he took was with his back to goal, folded at the knees and looked for a free-kick which he never got. Contributed absolutely nothing all game. 

He is our only striker. Would rather play with none. He has been like that all season. Gives us nothing. 

Archived