The Super v Stranraer FC

I can see the difference of opinion but can you honestly say that Euan Anderson will look at that and say, "You're right Lawrence, I made a terrible mistake"? Not a chance he downgrades it.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see the difference of opinion but can you honestly say that Euan Anderson will look at that and say, "You're right Lawrence, I made a terrible mistake"? Not a chance he downgrades it.

It’s not up to him though.

Have to say, I would have pulled out the red card for that as he clearly looks at Neill then jumps at him with his elbow raised. No attempt at the ball. Clear intent and incredibly stupid as it gave the ref a decision to make. Can't see it being overturned but then again I laughed when Dunfermline appealed Cardle's punch last season and it was rescinded to a yellow, so you never know.

Remember Stranraer had 6 young players from development league in play yesterday 5 of them with only 3 months experience in league football never mind 1st division.

Was impressed with Turner. He’ll look good in an Ayr kit next season. Also thought number 12 was decent.

Never really noticed anyone else.

1 minute ago, thomas 62 said:

Remember Stranraer had 6 young players from development league in play yesterday 5 of them with only 3 months experience in league football never mind 1st division.

Stranraer have done great considering what they have been through this season, I can't argue with that. 

I was annoyed at Shankland at the time for giving the referee a decision to make - and still am - but it’s one of those that’s almost impossible to come to a decision to until you’ve slowed it right down.

How the referee has looked at that in real-time and came to the conclusion that it was 100% a red card in the space of a second I have no idea.

Not a great camera angle to be honest but looks a bit soft. 

Hard to use that video to make a conclusive decision tbh. However he gave the ref a decision to make which is daft in itself. 

I was annoyed at Shankland at the time for giving the referee a decision to make - and still am - but it’s one of those that’s almost impossible to come to a decision to until you’ve slowed it right down.
How the referee has looked at that in real-time and came to the conclusion that it was 100% a red card in the space of a second I have no idea.

Pretty easily I’m guessing because It was as clear as day, he turns round has a good look at who’s behind him then runs back swinging his elbow about catching him in the face. What are some people finding difficult about that? [emoji23]

Bad dive for the penalty.

I can't believe that's a red.

I didn't properly see it yesterday so was waiting to decide but no way is that a red. I'm raging (and I'm generally not too biased - if that's at all possible).

Does anyone know if we definitely have shanks for Sunday? I'll take that, because he'll be absolutely determined to make amends.

I can't believe that's a red.

I didn't properly see it yesterday so was waiting to decide but no way is that a red. I'm raging (and I'm generally not too biased - if that's at all possible).

Does anyone know if we definitely have shanks for Sunday? I'll take that, because he'll be absolutely determined to make amends.

We’ll know on Wednesday if it’s been rescinded. The suspension list is then published on the Thursday.

We’ll know on Wednesday if it’s been rescinded. The suspension list is then published on the Thursday.
So we don't get him back for a game before the appeal? f**k.

At least I've got a bit more hope that it'll be rescinded - but you never know with these things.

So we don't get him back for a game before the appeal? f**k.

At least I've got a bit more hope that it'll be rescinded - but you never know with these things.

I might be wrong but someone next to me on Saturday said that there is a hearing on the Wednesday where the verdict will be revealed.

I’d never heard of that so he might be wrong but I was sure Alloa appealed against a red card and the player managed to play another game before being suspended.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty easily I’m guessing because It was as clear as day, he turns round has a good look at who’s behind him then runs back swinging his elbow about catching him in the face. What are some people finding difficult about that? emoji23.png

Bad dive for the penalty.

And you were able to determine that straight away before the slow motion aye? Away and shite.

He glances at the guy to see who else is challenging for the ball and then jumps up using his elbows, it’s definitely at least reckless but to say on first viewing that he 100% intended to get the guy without going for the ball is nonsensical. The referee has guessed and that’s the annoying bit.

I might be wrong but someone next to me on Saturday said that there is a hearing on the Wednesday where the verdict will be revealed.

I’d never heard of that so he might be wrong but I was sure Alloa appealed against a red card and the player managed to play another game before being suspended.

Scott Brown managed it too.

I found this - to me this reads as if the hearing date is set after the third working day.... Which could ultimately be anytime.

IMG_1523824454.668804.jpg

Archived