The Super v Stranraer FC

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Just do the hing if you want us to beat Albion Rovers. 

Was saying that the other day. I’m worried that all of your players will be rough as f**k for the Rovers game. I just can’t see us digging enough out to better them over the three games. Would be absolutely delighted if we got you over the line on Saturday, but we’re fucking chronic at the back.

Was saying that the other day. I’m worried that all of your players will be rough as f**k for the Rovers game. I just can’t see us digging enough out to better them over the three games. Would be absolutely delighted if we got you over the line on Saturday, but we’re fucking chronic at the back.
Nah McCall will keep them in order for the last game of the season.

Will want us to go out in style with any luck.

53 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yous were absolutely rancid at Somerset a few weeks back, but the first time you came down here I was quite impressed by QP, we needed a 90th minute winner to beat you 3-2. If you could replicate that type of performance, that'd be rather pleasing. Just dae it. Go onnnn...

Quite pleased in a way that Stranraer have something to play for and I'm certain McCall will impress that on the players - no complacency about beating them therefore.  I'm hoping Rose will be fit but we have options in that position whatever. Getting Moffat on the park will be more important and if the weather is kind to us we should have enough to beat them. McCall is quite right not to be looking at the RR results - it's in our hands and we mustn't let go of it.

Get a result and then it'll be a colossal game at Alloa in front of a big away support - cannae wait. 

See normal prices will apply on Saturday, bit disappointed about this but at the same time as someone on SRE rightly said, if people aren't going to pay full whack to see us play now they never will.

A team scoring as many goals as we have this season shouldn't have to reduce prices. OK there was a spell of ropey home performances but we have hopefully dealt with that. Besides, we need to start accumulating funds for next season's challenges.

A team scoring as many goals as we have this season shouldn't have to reduce prices. OK there was a spell of ropey home performances but we have hopefully dealt with that. Besides, we need to start accumulating funds for next season's challenges.

Agreed. Since the cup defeat to Rangers our home form is Played 4, won 4, scored 13 conceded 0. That coupled with the position at the top of the league should be plenty to get folk along.

Buzzing for another fix of the mighty Ayr.

Big game, big crowd, both ends singing, wee Stinlar....

Always feels a bit weird standing in the railway end ( the true home end I'm always told ).

Think my first game at Somerset was against West Ham and I could barely see over the wall, standing at that end.

"The party left Carnoustie after lunch on Sunday, and a three hours' coach journey through some beautiful country took them to the seaside town of Ayr. Ayr United missed promotion to the Premier Division last season, but finished in third place : so they have high hopes of moving into Scotland's Top Teh during 1980-81. They showed plenty of spirit in the match against us on Monday evening; Ayr were one up at half-time through a 32nd-minute goal bv Robert Connor who took on our defenders before slipping the ball past the advancing Phil Parkes.

The Hammers were providing plenty of entertainment in approach-work before the interval, but were more impressive in the second half with near - misses. The homesters also mounted several attacks that threatened to add to their lead ; but we kept them out and snatched a last-minute equaliser as David Cross convened a centre from Pat Holland. As a contest it was interesting, and concluded a six-game warm-up for the big one at Wembley. Once again we were made very welcome by the Scottish officials, and accorded excellent and interesting hospitality by Mr. Myles Callaghan and his fellow-Directors.

The Hammers' party went directly from Somerset Park to the airport hotel at Glasgow, travelling back to the Boleyn Ground on Tuesday morning. Before we disembarked from the British Airways plane at Heathrow."

4577003155_280x400.jpg

Buzzing for this one now, a chance to put one hand(potentially two hands depending on the Raith score) on the title while ending Wee Stinlar’s season in the process. 

We should have a really decent crowd in for this one, I’d be disappointed with anything less than 3500 and with the POTY at night it has the potential to be total carnage. 

Boyle joins Higgins and Docherty on the treatment table and will be out for the rest of the season, we may not see Boyle in an Ayr top again. 

I’m presuming Rose has recovered from his bug and will play on Saturday while Moffat will return to the squad. I’d start Moffat on the bench as Moore ran his socks off on Saturday and it would be extremely harsh to drop him.

I’d go:

Hart

Geggan
Bell
Rose
Reid 

Crawford 
Kerr
Adams
McDaid 

Moore 
Shankland 

Subs:- Ruddy, Ferguson, McGuffie, Forrest, Moffat, Faulds, Murphy 

Prediction 3-0 Ayr. Adams, Bell and Shankland. 

Moffat has to start this game. No exceptions. Moore put in a great shift but right now it’s putting out the best possible team and unfortunately for him he’s not a starter right now.

I completely agree, Moffat has to start. We look disjointed without him, as we miss his link up play and creativity and struggle to control games. It also allows Shankland to be the main striker, where he is more effective. Other than that the rest of the team above is spot on and should be enough to win what will no doubt be a tough game. 

On 4/9/2018 at 12:25, itzdrk said:

Player of the year after it, could be an absolute shambles if Queens Park do the business :lol:

Anything in Black & White:guinness If we can hold on until half-time for the Raith players to learn you are winning 3-0 then I'm guessing/hoping/praying some Raith players might dip and the unhappy Starks crowd will get on their backs. It's a desperate strategy but it's all I can muster at this stage. 

Besides, QP has done Ayr a couple of favours already this season.....

image.png.f5ed3f7335c1cf17e7a3afffd5f95b86.png

Archived