The Super v Stranraer FC

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does mickmoore still post on here. Can remember his meltdown after the last game at Somerset.

Anyways this won’t be easy with Stinlar still in with a shout of the play offs. Still fancy a win though.

Will be interesting to see the reception Bell gets and I hope young Kyle Turner does well in his audition for a move to San Somerset.

3-1 Ayr

15 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Does mickmoore still post on here. Can remember his meltdown after the last game at Somerset.

Anyways this won’t be easy with Stinlar still in with a shout of the play offs. Still fancy a win though.

Will be interesting to see the reception Bell gets and I hope young Kyle Turner does well in his audition for a move to San Somerset.

3-1 Ayr

You know something about McCall's summer business already or you just speculating since we seem to take all of Stranraer's midfielders.

You know something about McCall's summer business already or you just speculating since we seem to take all of Stranraer's midfielders.

All I know is McCall asked Farrell if he was available at the same time we got Bell.

Stranraer were asking for too much money for him though as he’s still got one more year after this one. We do have a habit of taking their players and McCall rates him very highly so it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if we went for him.

Got to hope we play with the scoring prowess we have recently. Need to stop coming from behind though! Going to stick my neck out and go for 5-1 to the good guys. Make it happen boys!

Was it the jakey Stranraer LB or RB that went on the warpath in the last game at Somerset, vaguely remember him and Moore entangled in a wrestling type move at one point.

Like Airdrie I'm sure Stranraer would love to burst our bubble, difference is they're in a bit of form and still have something to play for. If it's anything like the last time I'm sure it'll be another hard fought game..

Was it the jakey Stranraer LB or RB that went on the warpath in the last game at Somerset, vaguely remember him and Moore entangled in a wrestling type move at one point.
Like Airdrie I'm sure Stranraer would love to burst our bubble, difference is they're in a bit of form and still have something to play for. If it's anything like the last time I'm sure it'll be another hard fought game..

Jamie Hamill I’m sure. Moore flipped him over his shoulder and slammed him into the hallowed turf like a sack of spuds.

If I remember correctly Forrest had him blowing out his arse after 20 minutes in the last game down there.

Jamie Hamill I’m sure. Moore flipped him over his shoulder and slammed him into the hallowed turf like a sack of spuds.

If I remember correctly Forrest had him blowing out his arse after 20 minutes in the last game down there.

Hamill has been one of the worst players I’ve seen this season. Genuinely atrocious in the last game down there. He, and Stranraer have obviously impressed since then.

Gutted to be missing this. Glad Moffat is back as he loves a goal against Stranraer. Big Adams loves to get tore into them too.

10 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Will Geggan be fit for this one?

Hart

Geggan/Reid
Bell
Rose
Ferguson

Forrest
Kerr
Adams
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

I'd go with your team but McDaid to start ahead of Forrest for me. Also, assuming Geggan is fit I think Reid might be a better option at left back as Ferguson hasn't had much game time. He's also been solid so think he should keep his place.

42 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hamill has been one of the worst players I’ve seen this season. Genuinely atrocious in the last game down there. He, and Stranraer have obviously impressed since then.

Hamill has looked totally done as a footballer in the games against us this season. However, he must be doing something right in the games Stranraer are winning. I think McDaid or Forrest will be too much for him and he'll be knackered by the end of the first half.

Hart

Geggan Rose Bell Fergusson

McGuffie Adams Kerr Crawford

Moore Shankland 

Subs: Ruddy, Reid, Faulds, McCowan, McDaid, Forrest, Moffat

Reid in for Geggan if he doesn’t make it and Murphy to the bench. 3-0 Ayr and we stay 5 points clear with 2 games remaining. Moore and Shankland x2.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Player of the year after it, could be an absolute shambles if Queens Park do the business :lol:

Fun Fact: The last two year of POTY we have lost the game before it, 2016 v Albion Rovers and 2017 v Queen Of The South. Hopefully third time lucky.

Really cant see Raith not beating Queens Park but regardless as long as we win everyone will be on a high as it'll mean we're on the brink.

Fun Fact: The last two year of POTY we have lost the game before it, 2016 v Albion Rovers and 2017 v Queen Of The South. Hopefully third time lucky.
Really cant see Raith not beating Queens Park but regardless as long as we win everyone will be on a high as it'll mean we're on the brink.

Depends on what kinda mood the Raith players are in. Going by Smiths interview he still thinks they’ve got a chance of winning the league but it wouldn’t surprise me if the players have chucked it.

QP are shite but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them scrap for a draw which coupled with a win for us would hand us the title.

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I've faith in Queens Park, hopefully they have a youngster to come on and win it for us.....

Image_21_jpg.jpg

Archived