Dundee Utd v Champions 2017/18

4 hours ago, GAD said:

You talk about him a lot. Not just you, every Dunfermline fan. Your fans also sing about him at every game, and he clearly was misused at Dunfermline seeing as how he's quite a bit better than donkeys like McManus.

And Clark

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GAD said:

You talk about him a lot. Not just you, every Dunfermline fan. Your fans also sing about him at every game, and he clearly was misused at Dunfermline seeing as how he's quite a bit better than donkeys like McManus.

Dunfermline fans sing about Gavin Reilly at every game? How utterly bizarre. 

Donkeys like McManus have been far better than Reilly was for us, cheers though. They both run around allot. Put McManus in your team and he'd probably get more than 11 league goals. 

That's a shocking return for the main striker in a team running away with the league. If you're hoping to stay up you'll need better than that. 

1 hour ago, Paul Cicero said:

And Clark

Settle down,he's nowhere near the player. 

15 hours ago, Munoz said:

Agree with that up till your last sentence. One team getting stuck in illegally would be closer to the truth . If that p***k Dallas had done his job right, there's no way you'd have finished the game with 11 men on the park. 

Also , there wasn't much noise coming from the Utd end apart from when you scored.

As a neutral I though Dallas probably had his one good game in the next thousand he will referee. 

He stamped down in the first half with bookings when it looked like getting out of hand and then refereed the game very sensibly from there on in. He was fortunate that there wasn’t really any game defining moments but I thought Dallas had the best game I’ve seen him referee. And I am very much a critic of him and most Scottish referees. 

15 hours ago, GAD said:

I think the two in the first half, from Mikkelson and McMullen were borderline reds.

Simmer :lol: I was watching that game St Mirren leaning but there wasn’t a single red card tackle in the game and to even imply there was takes away from your argument. 

The only thing the referee got wrong was not booking Mohsni for the deliberate hand ball.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline fans sing about Gavin Reilly at every game? How utterly bizarre. 

Donkeys like McManus have been far better than Reilly was for us, cheers though. They both run around allot. Put McManus in your team and he'd probably get more than 11 league goals. 

That's a shocking return for the main striker in a team running away with the league. If you're hoping to stay up you'll need better than that. 

Every game between St Mirren and Dunfermline this season, yeah. You are right, it is bizarre, they seem very bitter towards him. 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Simmer :lol: I was watching that game St Mirren leaning but there wasn’t a single red card tackle in the game and to even imply there was takes away from your argument. 

The only thing the referee got wrong was not booking Mohsni for the deliberate hand ball.

Simmer? I said it was borderline and gave reasons why. Neither of them made any attempt to play anything but the man and both happened directly in front of me. I think it's you that needs to simmer down mate.

Quite right, Grant. I personally refuse to celebrate any of his goals until he has reached 30 in the league. I refuse to recognise his contribution to the team over the season. All going well and we win the league he shouldn’t be getting a medal because he simply hasn’t scored enough goals.

Hope it hurts to see him succeed as much as it comes across on here. You’ll get over it eventually but until then get it up ye!

Thought Utd played really well to he fair.

We've not came up against many teams that have played a hard pressing game like on Tuesday. Totally cut us out and forced us to go long ball, which unsurprisingly didn't work. Thought we were unlucky to not get a goal but we were well stifled.

Livingston on Saturday will be another tough match - especially with a rather nervous home support full of day trippers expecting us to win the league (who probably don't realise that a game is more than just 5 minutes of incredible highlights with 85 minutes of the usual nervous shite). I've got nothing against fans rejoining after leaving when we were shite - I do have a problem when they show up and complain as soon as things turn slightly against us after the shit we've sat through for the last 4 years.

Summary:
* Fair play Utd, took the game to us and didn't let us play our usual style.
* Livingston will be close - don't let the crowd get nervous

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

the only time i have seen fans turn a good player into a jibbering wreck.:lol:

Scousers managed to do it to an entire Man City squad even before they reached the stadium. 

4 hours ago, GAD said:

Every game between St Mirren and Dunfermline this season, yeah. You are right, it is bizarre, they seem very bitter towards him. 

Well that does make sense, fans sing about ex player who was shite for them. Happens all across football. 

4 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Quite right, Grant. I personally refuse to celebrate any of his goals until he has reached 30 in the league. I refuse to recognise his contribution to the team over the season. All going well and we win the league he shouldn’t be getting a medal because he simply hasn’t scored enough goals.

Hope it hurts to see him succeed as much as it comes across on here. You’ll get over it eventually but until then get it up ye!

Oaft, that's quite the overreaction, would it have made you less stressed if the forum agreed that all St Mirren players are perfect and you'll stroll the Premier? 

11 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Mikkelson probably should have been off for a late tackle on McGinn, that would have been his second yellow card. 

I wouldn't have said United were a dirty team, a bit physical and didn't let us get into any sort of flow by breaking up play with a niggly foul but I don't think they crossed the line in terms of thuggery.

1 hour ago, Smeato said:

Livingston on Saturday will be another tough match - especially with a rather nervous home support full of day trippers expecting us to win the league (who probably don't realise that a game is more than just 5 minutes of incredible highlights with 85 minutes of the usual nervous shite). I've got nothing against fans rejoining after leaving when we were shite - I do have a problem when they show up and complain as soon as things turn slightly against us after the shit we've sat through for the last 4 years.

Summary:
* Fair play Utd, took the game to us and didn't let us play our usual style.
* Livingston will be close - don't let the crowd get nervous

To be fair, St.Mirren have more than their fair share of negative cnuts in their crowd, without worrying about the day trippers.

I was in Dundee for a few days so decided to take in the game on Tuesday. A draw would have been a fair result. St Mirren wasted any chances they had and allowed themselves to be intimidated by United. Dallas gave them free kicks for every time they went down and they understandably milked that for large parts of the game. I hope Beaton is stronger on Saturday but I suspect the sell out crowd will influence him.
United played with a determination that surely hasn't been seen in recent games. Willo Flood chased everything that moved and the goalie mopped up anything that came near him. Moshi defended well.
I sat in the George fox stand and was highly amused by the flowery language and general crabbitness of those around me. God help their blood pressure if they were actually getting beat. :lol:

23 minutes ago, orco said:
I was in Dundee for a few days so decided to take in the game on Tuesday. A draw would have been a fair result. St Mirren wasted any chances they had and allowed themselves to be intimidated by United. Dallas gave them free kicks for every time they went down and they understandably milked that for large parts of the game. I hope Beaton is stronger on Saturday but I suspect the sell out crowd will influence him.
United played with a determination that surely hasn't been seen in recent games. Willo Flood chased everything that moved and the goalie mopped up anything that came near him. Moshi defended well.
I sat in the George fox stand and was highly amused by the flowery language and general crabbitness of those around me. God help their blood pressure if they were actually getting beat. :lol:

After the word ‘chased’ and before the word ‘everything’ in your post, you missed out the words ‘and kicked’.

50 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

After the word ‘chased’ and before the word ‘everything’ in your post, you missed out the words ‘and kicked’.

Our players didn’t need to kick your players; they only needed to look at them and they threw themselves to the ground.

It was actually quite embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Our players didn’t need to kick your players; they only needed to look at them and they threw themselves to the ground.

It was actually quite embarrassing.

I was fair affronted myself. Shower of basturts’ the lot of them. :P

Archived