Dundee Utd v Champions 2017/18

3 hours ago, shull said:

Upgrade on Samson. 

We should never have signed him again. 

Saved us at 1-0 down. 

If he hadn't been away for a pie when King shot, then it would have been nil nil with the title in the bag. 

Dreadful goalie. 

Nice to see you polluting this forum also ...............

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have to agree don't feel he will be good enough for the top flight its league goals that count on that he is not prolific Morgan has more league goals and he is midfield. There will be a different look to our team next season. 

He's been magic for us this season and I've got loads of time for him, but I'm not sure he's what you want in a one-up-front formation.

Obviously the amount of pace he's packing helps a lot, plus the work he puts in creates space for others, but when I picture a line-leading striker, I want someone like that lad Main at Motherwell. Or Mikkelsen. 

34 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Tannadice is funny like that.

The same game looks very different depending on whether you are sitting in The Shed or the Eddie Thomson.....;)

My point was that Dallas only once pulled up a player for stealing yards. I could have referenced Samson stealing 10 yards at every free kick, my St. Mirren bias meant I chose Mehmet. I didn't mean to imply that he was anti St. Mirren, just completely inept. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I will simply point out that you are in a small minority even amongst your own supporters.

Fair enough mate, I seriously doubt that he will produce anything like the level of performance required for you guys over a season. He’s come into a team struggling badly and massively under achieving, if he is consistent and proves himself to be capable in this division then maybe he will get a step up, but I reckon he’s currently operating at this level for a reason.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's been magic for us this season and I've got loads of time for him, but I'm not sure he's what you want in a one-up-front formation.

Obviously the amount of pace he's packing helps a lot, plus the work he puts in creates space for others, but when I picture a line-leading striker, I want someone like that lad Main at Motherwell. Or Mikkelsen. 

Not saying he is a bad player he always gives 110% What is needed in the premiership is experience at that level. Happy to keep him for his work rate and to see what he can do. You have to ask why has he been dropped ? Injured- no. Sticking over a deal maybe , Motherwell ? Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

We refer to them as the 'jobby sleeves'.

Was a disappointing night in front of such a fantastic travelling support.

Should have known it was going to be one of those when it took us 3 hours to get to fucking Dundee. Traffic was absolutely horrendous.

Arrived just in time for kick off, and then watched Utd come roaring out the traps. We know McMullan is capable of those 10-20 minute burst in a game when he's really lively and he had that spell last night, setting up the goal well for King, albeit I don't think he connected with his shot properly and was lucky to see it spin into the net.

We were all a bit huff and puff after that and Utd defended well all night, only two real chances we had being Mullen's shot off the bar and the very late chance for Sutton when he just failed to nick it past the keeper.

We threw everything at it in the end. I think in the last 5 we had Hippo, Reilly, Sutton and MacKenzie playing up top alongside Morgan, it was kitchen sink stuff but ultimately we never seriously troubled the keeper despite loads of possession and it just wasn't our night.

Utd fans must wonder where that commitment and passion has been for the majority of the second half of the season, but if they keep it up they've at least a fighting chance in the play offs.

For us, we'll finish the job at home, but Saturday going to be a tough one without the injured McGinn who I think will also now be suspended for either Falkirk or Morton too.

37 minutes ago, Div said:

Was a disappointing night in front of such a fantastic travelling support.

Should have known it was going to be one of those when it took us 3 hours to get to fucking Dundee. Traffic was absolutely horrendous.

Arrived just in time for kick off, and then watched Utd come roaring out the traps. We know McMullan is capable of those 10-20 minute burst in a game when he's really lively and he had that spell last night, setting up the goal well for King, albeit I don't think he connected with his shot properly and was lucky to see it spin into the net.

We were all a bit huff and puff after that and Utd defended well all night, only two real chances we had being Mullen's shot off the bar and the very late chance for Sutton when he just failed to nick it past the keeper.

We threw everything at it in the end. I think in the last 5 we had Hippo, Reilly, Sutton and MacKenzie playing up top alongside Morgan, it was kitchen sink stuff but ultimately we never seriously troubled the keeper despite loads of possession and it just wasn't our night.

Utd fans must wonder where that commitment and passion has been for the majority of the second half of the season, but if they keep it up they've at least a fighting chance in the play offs.

For us, we'll finish the job at home, but Saturday going to be a tough one without the injured McGinn who I think will also now be suspended for either Falkirk or Morton too.

^^^^ Sorry he didn’t stay at home and watch the CL from the hot tub.

36 minutes ago, Div said:

That's a big miss on Saturday. Hope it's not the case on Saturday night, that panic starts to set in after Livi grind out a 1-nil win.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Sorry he didn’t stay at home and watch the CL from the hot tub.

Ha! Always enjoy watching my team, done Inverness, Brechin and Dundee away in the space of 10 days though and each one has ended in some form of disappointment.

I'm looking forward to getting back home for a bit now!

13 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

That's a big miss on Saturday. Hope it's not the case on Saturday night, that panic starts to set in after Livi grind out a 1-nil win.

We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and still be 99% certain of winning the league.

As it is we have three home games in a week, at a stadium where we have lost once in the league in 15 months.

I don't think there will be much panic.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Two goals in 2018 for Mr Reilly and he's already been relegated to the bench, before the Midden even kick a ball in the top flight.

I look forward to see him floundering at Falkirk in the Championship next season.

Jack mentioned in his post match interview that Gavin has been struggling with an issue for a while now, which is the reason he's been used sparingly from the bench, managing the issue. I'll be delighted to have him in the Premiership next season given the goals he's scored to help us get there. 

8)

15 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I see Jack wasn't happy with Eurotrash Laszlo for something he said to Clangers. The guy is even a bad winner.

He's obviously choosing to forget the way he acted against Livi back in November, what a melt. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Two goals in 2018 for Mr Reilly and he's already been relegated to the bench, before the Midden even kick a ball in the top flight.

I look forward to see him floundering at Falkirk in the Championship next season.

Remember when Dunfermline fans used to pretend they didn't care about Reilly?

18 minutes ago, GAD said:

Remember when Dunfermline fans used to pretend they didn't care about Reilly?

It's not Reilly I care about, it's the idea he was badly misused during his time at Dunfermline and he's secretly a great striker. 

He was rubbish at Hearts, rubbish for us and after a good first half of the season he's back to his old self. He's managed 11 league goals in a side running away with the title.

You have a quality manager though and I'm sure he has his sights on far better players for next season.

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's not Reilly I care about, it's the idea he was badly misused during his time at Dunfermline and he's secretly a great striker. 

He was rubbish at Hearts, rubbish for us and after a good first half of the season he's back to his old self. He's managed 11 league goals in a side running away with the title.

You have a quality manager though and I'm sure he has his sights on far better players for next season.

You talk about him a lot. Not just you, every Dunfermline fan. Your fans also sing about him at every game, and he clearly was misused at Dunfermline seeing as how he's quite a bit better than donkeys like McManus.

Archived