Dundee Utd v Champions 2017/18

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Overall, his performance was surely down to lack of ability: discouraging to think the SFA view guys like Dallas as competent enough to referee SPFL matches. 

The SFA view might have someone to do with that surname eh?

38 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Wrong mate this was an all together different game. I was not too down at the end we tried and looked like champions compared to United. Credit to them they put up a fight not wanting a title party on their turf. 

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

20 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Did you not receive a ban on Black & white army for abusing posters ? :lol:

Not been banned for abuse. 

I will retaliate against abusers though if I can be bothered. 

Munoz and Pozzy are serial abusers for no good reason apart from not agreeing with honest opinion. 

Credit to Utd for raising their game against the Champions. Their issue appears to be their inability to raise it in most other matches.

The last few posts have reminded me I need to set Shull to ignore - would be helpful if doing so on BAWA would set him to ignore on all online fora.

Annoying little fly that he is.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Yes I was at the game and it doesn’t change my opinion on the guy he’s an awful excuse for a player. You honestly think he is good enough for the top flight ? 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I will simply point out that you are in a small minority even amongst your own supporters.

10 minutes ago, Young gun said:

F6399D6A-A68C-49D5-87CB-F22C5A562DF7.jpeg

Tbf  unless I am missing something YG, pretty much all of the seethe on here would appear to be coming from the Black & White, rather than Black & Tangerine side.

I don't think there is an Arab amongst us who begrudges you your title and once it is won I'll be on your thread offering my congrats on a superb season and deserved promotion.

For now though, we are happy you didn't win it at Tannadice, and posters have a right to respond imo when (a small minority of) the fans of the team we have just beaten come on and tell us how pish we are.

Wish it was us getting ready to celebrate but apart from that I can't really see any seethe on our part.

Thought the referee lost control of the game at times last night. From our POV, he gave us a few decisions that I didn't think should have went our way. Think the noise of our crowd was influencing him a bit. On the flip side, Flood got off with so many persistant fouls! He was sh!te for both teams.

As for the game, felt we rushed things, too many high balls - bread and butter for Mohsni who barely broke sweat. United keeper seemed solid. Thought we should have brought McShane on for McGinn a lot earlier, he wasn't match fit. Ralston was very good for United. McMullan is a roaster but caused us problems. We could have won that game with a more patient approach, but United were stubborn and dug in well.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, felt like a cup tie.

6 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Tbf  unless I am missing something YG, pretty much all of the seethe on here would appear to be coming from the Black & White, rather than Black & Tangerine side.

I don't think there is an Arab amongst us who begrudges you your title and once it is won I'll be on your thread offering my congrats on a superb season and deserved promotion.

For now though, we are happy you didn't win it at Tannadice, and posters have a right to respond imo when (a small minority of) the fans of the team we have just beaten come on and tell us how pish we are.

Wish it was us getting ready to celebrate but apart from that I can't really see any seethe on our part.

Indeed, no serious seethe whatsoever. 

15 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Thought the referee lost control of the game at times last night. From our POV, he gave us a few decisions that I didn't think should have went our way. Think the noise of our crowd was influencing him a bit. On the flip side, Flood got off with so many persistant fouls! He was sh!te for both teams.

Dallas was pathetic. The game threatened to boil over because of him. He was clearly out his depth. I was annoyed at McGinn and Morgan for getting booked for reacting to fouls. Morgan's was maybe understandable as he had two men on him at every turn, on the half a dozen times he did manage to beat his man the United player just fouled him.

At every free kick/throw in there were yards stolen. He gave a foul against McKenzie in the six yard box, Mehmet then takes the free kick inline with the penalty spot. About 2 minutes later Morgan got fouled just beyond the half way line (where he got booked for reacting) Dallas then runs away, Morgan rolls the ball forward by about a yard, United fans shout, so the ref runs back and moves the ball back.

The inconsistency was astounding. 

6 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Dallas was pathetic. The game threatened to boil over because of him. He was clearly out his depth. I was annoyed at McGinn and Morgan for getting booked for reacting to fouls. Morgan's was maybe understandable as he had two men on him at every turn, on the half a dozen times he did manage to beat his man the United player just fouled him.

At every free kick/throw in there were yards stolen. He gave a foul against McKenzie in the six yard box, Mehmet then takes the free kick inline with the penalty spot. About 2 minutes later Morgan got fouled just beyond the half way line (where he got booked for reacting) Dallas then runs away, Morgan rolls the ball forward by about a yard, United fans shout, so the ref runs back and moves the ball back.

The inconsistency was astounding. 

Tannadice is funny like that.

The same game looks very different depending on whether you are sitting in The Shed or the Eddie Thomson.....;)

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

:huh:

Black? Really?

Reveal hidden contents

0021684_ss-home-jsy-17-18-adult.jpeg

Eye dropper says 'saddlebrown'.

image.png.10a9df70ea25daf2d121ec77ebd87f3a.png

I believe thd actual colour according to Dulux is Shitebrown.

That being said, it is actually very thin black stripes, which merged with the Tangerine background does give the effect of having used your sleeve to wipe your arse*

* After 10 pints, a lamb vindaloo and 2 bran muffins.

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Two goals in 2018 for Mr Reilly and he's already been relegated to the bench, before the Midden even kick a ball in the top flight.

I look forward to see him floundering at Falkirk in the Championship next season.

There are rumours he's signed a PCA with someone else - Motherwell keep being mentioned. 

Also rumours that we're trying to get him to sign on for another year. I am personally unsure that he's a top-flight striker, but I guess we may be finding out, one way or the other, very soon.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are rumours he's signed a PCA with someone else - Motherwell keep being mentioned. 

Also rumours that we're trying to get him to sign on for another year. I am personally unsure that he's a top-flight striker, but I guess we may be finding out, one way or the other, very soon.

Have to agree don't feel he will be good enough for the top flight its league goals that count on that he is not prolific Morgan has more league goals and he is midfield. There will be a different look to our team next season. 

Archived