Dundee Utd v Champions 2017/18

5 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Agree with that up till your last sentence. One team getting stuck in illegally would be closer to the truth . If that p***k Dallas had done his job right, there's no way you'd have finished the game with 11 men on the park. 

Also , there wasn't much noise coming from the Utd end apart from when you scored.

I think there were a couple of meaty challenges from United players, I also thought a couple of the St Mirren players were throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest bit of contact and getting unwarranted free kicks.

On a different note I really need to eat my words regarding Mohsni, he is a very decent player and of a far higher standard than any other defender at the club.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with that up till your last sentence. One team getting stuck in illegally would be closer to the truth . If that p***k Dallas had done his job right, there's no way you'd have finished the game with 11 men on the park. 
Also , there wasn't much noise coming from the Utd end apart from when you scored.

Think you’ve forgot to add that your players especially the wee fanny up front were throwing themselves to the ground was getting laughable at one stage, ref was a absolute joke

8 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Didn't think we deserved anything from the game tonight. We had a lot of pressure but created nothing. Mehmet could have been sat in the stand and we still wouldn't have scored. Whereas United despite being camped in their own half for spells had the game's only real chances, one the buried and the other Samson pulled off a great save.

Moshni was man of the match, cleared up everything. Although it was disappointing not to see us ask too many questions of United's defence, they conceded 3 to Dumbarton at the weekend and we couldn't even force their keeper into a save.

Credit to United for that right enough, and fair play to Jack Ross for throwing everything at it with 10 mins to go.

Taking Scobbie & Lewis out of the starting line up certainly helped us as Scobbie has been brutal recently and Lewis has been very poor positionally  at set pieces recently and you bombarded our box with throws, corners & free kicks most of the second half.

While St Mirren had most of the ball it was great to sit and watch a Utd side put in the effort to defend our early lead. That might sound daft but such has been the lack of effort & fight this season that it was great to see and it was a performance the players owed the fans.

Moshni :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2, strolled it again and in every game he has played has been a contender for man of the match. 

31 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I don’t remember there being any red card type incidents. We probably should have had two or three more players booked but nobody was in red card territory. We absolutely shitehoused the hell out of you but to be honest I’ve seen us about 30 times this season and we have done that once so for me I was pretty happy with a United side playing the way they did.

No straight red card incidents , yes . My gripe with Dallas was more to do with persistent fouls going unpunished. Flood and Moshni must have had 10 between them including a deliberate hand ball from Moshni, all which resulted in hee haw. Dallas lost the game early on and never really recovered. 

25 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I don’t remember there being any red card type incidents. We probably should have had two or three more players booked but nobody was in red card territory. We absolutely shitehoused the hell out of you but to be honest I’ve seen us about 30 times this season and we have done that once so for me I was pretty happy with a United side playing the way they did.

I think the two in the first half, from Mikkelson and McMullen were borderline reds. They were both quite high and cynical and neither were even pretending to make any attempt to play the ball. I've seen them given to be honest. 

I thought United deserved to win. Saints were just a bit frantic, and I just felt we were trying to force it a bit, when at times we'd have been better off trying to take the tempo out of it a bit and build a bit more. We gave the ball away too easy and the goal came from Smith needlessly committing to a challenge he was never going to win. Moshni was excellent at the back, and in the end, we actually didn't threaten the United goal too much. Think Mehmet had one easy take from a free kick, and that was about it from shots on target.

Fair play to United they showed they had a bit of fight and dig about them that has been questioned over the last few months.

I thought we deserved a point for our general play, possession and territory advantage over them, we hit the woodwork twice and if Sutton wasn't as rusty as the tin man he would have bagged that late equaliser and sent the shed fucking mental.

For those slagging Samson he pulled off a fucking ridiculous save near the end to keep it 1-0, thats when i thought we were going to get a goal. Yes we will probably need to upgrade on a few positions including his in the summer but at this level he is the best in the league.

Sadly our main guys McGinn (looked injured fter 10 mins) Smith, Morgan, Magennis, couldn't get into a rhythm and were let down by a poor touch or final ball.

Can't believe United gave Flood motm, whilst he was good, Ralston was better but Moshni was head and shoulders above everyone. I'd sign him for the Premiership, no doubt.

Frustrating night, confident we'll win on Saturday and clinch it at home but it would have been great to score a goal in the 2nd half in front of that big away crowd and send us all mental.

Fair play to Utd they had a gameplan to shut us down and it worked, how Flood got away with so many fouls without getting booked is beyond me but he was everywhere in the middle of the park and didn't let us get a second on the ball to start an attack. Moshni won everything in the air, he was MOTM for me.

I don't understand our tactics towards the end when we just decided to start launching balls into the box, Ross clearly told them to do this since he put on Sutton and Hippolyte for long throws. It was obvious Moshni was dealing with high balls easily, the only success we got in the 2nd half was down the right flank since they had 2 men over on Morgan most of the time but we gave up on that with 20 minutes to go.

Ah well, wanted to win at home anyway obviously :unsure2:.

Flood got away without being booked due to the incompetence of the official. And of course, Mohsni should have been booked for the handball by the touchline, as the referee gave the foul for handball.

But then, he realised he should have given a foul the other way due to the push in the back which caused Mohsni to fall, but didn't want to change his decision.

I was fuming when he checked Deniz for time wasting in the first half, as the player had the ball under control for all of a couple of seconds, but Dallas showed his stupidity by warning a Saint taking a throw in during the second half for wasting time as well, pointing to his watch then hurrying the bemused player to throw.

Overall, his performance was surely down to lack of ability: discouraging to think the SFA view guys like Dallas as competent enough to referee SPFL matches. 

I only saw the last five via periscope, so can't comment on the game, but the descriptions here sound like the performance vs Livi. We get rattled by teams being physical against us (and that's not a criticism of the physicality). We panic, and play too many long balls, and usually have no big guy up front so it's rubbish. Obviously we were never going to change a winning team, and Reilly is still top of the sub queue, but I reckon Hippo and Sutton were the men for the job last night.

Even in the tiny bit I did see, I saw enough from Sutton to suggest he can do someone a job at this level next year. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fair play to United they showed they had a bit of fight and dig about them that has been questioned over the last few months.

I thought we deserved a point for our general play, possession and territory advantage over them, we hit the woodwork twice and if Sutton wasn't as rusty as the tin man he would have bagged that late equaliser and sent the shed fucking mental.

For those slagging Samson he pulled off a fucking ridiculous save near the end to keep it 1-0, thats when i thought we were going to get a goal. Yes we will probably need to upgrade on a few positions including his in the summer but at this level he is the best in the league.

Sadly our main guys McGinn (looked injured fter 10 mins) Smith, Morgan, Magennis, couldn't get into a rhythm and were let down by a poor touch or final ball.

Can't believe United gave Flood motm, whilst he was good, Ralston was better but Moshni was head and shoulders above everyone. I'd sign him for the Premiership, no doubt.

I wouldn’t take Moshni in a lucky bag he’s a fucking excuse for a footballer.

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I wouldn’t take Moshni in a lucky bag he’s a fucking excuse for a footballer.

:lol:  Were you actually at the game last night!

In fairness I was totally against us signing Mohsni but I won’t let that get in the way of the facts.  He’s probably been our best player in every game he’s played for us and won everything last night.  His distribution is also good.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness I was totally against us signing Mohsni but I won’t let that get in the way of the facts.  He’s probably been our best player in every game he’s played for us and won everything last night.  His distribution is also good.

Yes I was at the game and it doesn’t change my opinion on the guy he’s an awful excuse for a player. You honestly think he is good enough for the top flight ? 

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He strolled through the game, although I thought our best hope was for him and the other centre half to get into a mix up as he was a total liability. 

It nearly worked too with Sutton near the end. 

Plenty of effort from St Mirren, not enough guile or ability in the second half, to create a clear goal-scoring chance. Hitting the woodwork twice in the first half was a scunner, but United could have scored another two themselves - a great Samson save and a United shot hit wide when I was sure it was going to be 2-0.

The referee never cost us the game, far from it, but I genuinely don’t know how many fouls Willo ‘hands up if you’re top of the league’ Flood had to commit before Dallas would have shown him a card. Scooping the ball deliberately with your arm is a clear yellow card too. Having said that, those puzzling decisions in no way cost us the game. A bit more composure, a better final ball, better control from Sutton when he got through, and who knows?

No salty tears. United put themselves about, took their chance when it came along, and won 1-0.

We move onto Saturday.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Upgrade on Samson. 

We should never have signed him again. 

Saved us at 1-0 down. 

If he hadn't been away for a pie when King shot, then it would have been nil nil with the title in the bag. 

Dreadful goalie. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Upgrade on Samson. 

We should never have signed him again. 

Saved us at 1-0 down. 

If he hadn't been away for a pie when King shot, then it would have been nil nil with the title in the bag. 

Dreadful goalie. 

Aye, every support has got their clueless twat.

Peddles the same shite on B&W Army too. The issue with United’s goal wasn’t Samson, it was the way McMullan was allowed to easily skip into the box and put his cross into Billy King.

58 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I only saw the last five via periscope, so can't comment on the game, but the descriptions here sound like the performance vs Livi. We get rattled by teams being physical against us (and that's not a criticism of the physicality). We panic, and play too many long balls, and usually have no big guy up front so it's rubbish. Obviously we were never going to change a winning team, and Reilly is still top of the sub queue, but I reckon Hippo and Sutton were the men for the job last night.

Even in the tiny bit I did see, I saw enough from Sutton to suggest he can do someone a job at this level next year. 

Wrong mate this was an all together different game. I was not too down at the end we tried and looked like champions compared to United. Credit to them they put up a fight not wanting a title party on their turf. 

Archived