Dundee Utd v Champions 2017/18

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most Buddies on here will shrug their shoulders at tonight’s result and look forward to winning the league in the near future.
It’s a pity they are ‘represented’ on here tonight by the nutter fringe element.

Can't win them all. We move on to Saturday just a pity we have one in full flow tonight on here. Well done tonight good luck in the run in.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

I don't think we'll win it on Saturday. We put a lot into tonight whereas Livi  are rested after an easy saunter v Morton at the weekend....

Yes and Ryan Hardie could be doing with a kneecapping before Saturday.

Big Moshni strolled that game, apart from handball. We were far too frantic from minute one and created very little.

Turned around in just enough time after the goal went in to see a boy in the home end head towards Saints fans before disappearing behind a row of seats. Appeared 5 seconds later hobbling. Wonderful scenes.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

You support Dunfermline mate. Dunfermline are shite emoji23.png

That's probably got some significance but it's utterly lost on me, I'd imagine Jimmy knows Dunfermline are shite, probably doesn't care because no one supports Dunfermline for the trophies, Ken? 

Trousers back up and pop off to the Dumbarton thread for some more cringe worthy "St Johnsons" patter, there's a good lad. 

Mixed emotions tonight.

On a family holiday this week, and berthed in Fort Augustus tonight ‘watching’ the game on the SkyBet update service with my, ever so slightly pessimistic, dad.

He thinks the chances are pretty high that Saints will lose their last 4 games and Livvy win their last 4 games.

I guess it could happen, and in one way it’d have been good to get it done tonight or last Saturday - not least from the perspective of the travelling fans.

But, from a selfish point of view, I’ll be at the next four games and glad we’ll win it at a game I’ll be at.

COYS. 

Didn't think we deserved anything from the game tonight. We had a lot of pressure but created nothing. Mehmet could have been sat in the stand and we still wouldn't have scored. Whereas United despite being camped in their own half for spells had the game's only real chances, one the buried and the other Samson pulled off a great save.

Moshni was man of the match, cleared up everything. Although it was disappointing not to see us ask too many questions of United's defence, they conceded 3 to Dumbarton at the weekend and we couldn't even force their keeper into a save.

Credit to United for that right enough, and fair play to Jack Ross for throwing everything at it with 10 mins to go.

From a St Johnstone fan, jeez

And you support?

That's probably got some significance but it's utterly lost on me, I'd imagine Jimmy knows Dunfermline are shite, probably doesn't care because no one supports Dunfermline for the trophies, Ken? 

Trousers back up and pop off to the Dumbarton thread for some more cringe worthy "St Johnsons" patter, there's a good lad. 

Ooft. I feel your jealously. Your hurt. And it feels good.

Dumbarton fans opened up their arms to fans from all over the shot and made them feel cool and pure sound. Pars fans on the other hand...in tears because EEP wasn’t considered a suitable venue for the final. How we all laughed.

What have Dunfermline achieved in the past 10 seasons? Not to sure myself. I’ll take my St Johnsons patter away with me with my tail between my legs, like.

Once the championship is complete I would definitely take big Thomas Mikkelson as he leads the line very well and holds the ball well and good on the deck aswell funnily enough he had a very muddy jersey tonight after 90mins and rest of Uniteds players strips were still like new, also like the look of Grant Gillespie.

Fair one for just carrying on with the cringe worthy patter in this thread. 

I'm not sure what your fixation is with what teams people support  and what they've achieved.  Absolutely reeking of some Old Firm inferioty complex where goblins think that supporting a football team is a reflection on themselves, tragic. 

Not quite as tragic as trooping along to the Challenge Cup final because you've took PnB a bit too seriously like, but tragic nonetheless. 

5 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I don't think we'll win it on Saturday. We put a lot into tonight whereas Livi  are rested after an easy saunter v Morton at the weekend....

To be honest that would be sweet very sweet. Saints end sold out next question where are these so called Saints fans every other week how our club could compete if they turned up on a regular basis . Fergie did it who knows maybe Jack also. Paisley folk are proud of the town maybe Jack can convince them to come along more. 

For all the St.Mirren pressure last night I can't recall to many times that Mehmet had to come to our rescue. In the first half there were two or three good chances for St.Mirren but they did absolutely nothing with all of the possession and territory they had in the second half. We should have scored another goal, especially Stanton's chance towards the end where he had a free pop at goal inside the box. A pity that there weren't more United fans there as it was actually a very engaging game with a decent atmosphere and two teams getting stuck in. 

42 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

For all the St.Mirren pressure last night I can't recall to many times that Mehmet had to come to our rescue. In the first half there were two or three good chances for St.Mirren but they did absolutely nothing with all of the possession and territory they had in the second half. We should have scored another goal, especially Stanton's chance towards the end where he had a free pop at goal inside the box. A pity that there weren't more United fans there as it was actually a very engaging game with a decent atmosphere and two teams getting stuck in. 

Agree with that up till your last sentence. One team getting stuck in illegally would be closer to the truth . If that p***k Dallas had done his job right, there's no way you'd have finished the game with 11 men on the park. 

Also , there wasn't much noise coming from the Utd end apart from when you scored.

Agree with that up till your last sentence. One team getting stuck in illegally would be closer to the truth . If that p***k Dallas had done his job right, there's no way you'd have finished the game with 11 men on the park. 
Also , there wasn't much noise coming from the Utd end apart from when you scored.

I don’t remember there being any red card type incidents. We probably should have had two or three more players booked but nobody was in red card territory. We absolutely shitehoused the hell out of you but to be honest I’ve seen us about 30 times this season and we have done that once so for me I was pretty happy with a United side playing the way they did.

Archived