Edinburgh City V Stenhousemuir

Must win game for us today.  There can be no excuses for anything other than a win. Saying we are playing great but failing to win is wearing thin as an excuse.  Will be interesting to see the line up though a doubt in there will be a great deal of change with the substitutions around the 60 - 70 minute mark after they have read War and Peace.

Guest Landan Spiv

That was probably the most brutal 90 minutes I've ever witnessed. 

In fact make that 80 minutes because thats what time me and my pal called it quits and headed for the exit. 

Pathetic stuff from a team that looked like they were on their holidays. The only hint of aggression was Tena clearly raging at me for some very mild (and very deserved) criticism. If we stay in the league, and it is now an if, then it’s only due to how bad Cowden have been. Any other season and any level of competence from our rivals and we’d be done for.

If we had shared the points with Berwick instead of losing to them three times, they would be bottom now.

Are City likely to kick on next season, or will they hover around the drop zone each season?

If we had shared the points with Berwick instead of losing to them three times, they would be bottom now.
Are City likely to kick on next season, or will they hover around the drop zone each season?

It’s very hard to tell as if we stay up I would imagine there will be a huge turnover of playing staff. Can’t see many of our 'signed' players staying for another season and we’ve got loads and loads of loans.

The only hint of aggression was Tena clearly raging at me for some very mild (and very deserved) criticism.

Ah, it was you getting the Jesus death stare. Apart from the goal, pretty much the only entertaining moment we could take from the game.

Good stuff, four very well-taken goals from the Warriors, but what the heck was big Chris Smith doing for Edinburgh City's goal?! He clearly had his Duckham's gloves on yesterday.
I assume the ball slipped out of his hands. It was pouring down at that point

16 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

finding out that U R playing a league too high for U ? 2nd div has been dreadful for around the last 10  years

You seem to have found a league that suits you anyway. Now move along. 

It was a great goal from Paton, but...that was Pat Scullion the tripping over his feet wasn’t it?

Some really good goals, and some awful defending. Great set up by Cook and Murray for 3 and 4. And Dallas looks like a more than capable deputy from McGuigan.

Watched these highlights a couple of times now and this is the worst defending I've seen from any team this season. Harry Paton''s goal and Colin McMenamin's control and finish are bad enough but who on earth is supposed to be picking up Andy Dallas for both his goals? The amount of space he's afforded is incredible,

Hopefully Berwick Rangers are equally as generous tomorrow night!

Archived