Central League Cup

glensmad

With Glasgow Perthshire and Shettleston already through to the quarter finals by default, we will know another three of the last eight by the end of this afternoon, and another two on Wednesday night.

That will leave only Pollok or Wishaw to make up the last eight, but goodness knows when that will be played with Wishaw's current schedule.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quarter finals as they stand at the moment :-

Cumbernauld United v Shettleston

Rutherglen Glencairn v Pollok or Wishaw Juniors

Blantyre Victoria or Benburb v Royal Albert or Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Rossvale v Glasgow Perthshire

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

With Glasgow Perthshire and Shettleston already through to the quarter finals by default, we will know another three of the last eight by the end of this afternoon, and another two on Wednesday night.

That will leave only Pollok or Wishaw to make up the last eight, but goodness knows when that will be played with Wishaw's current schedule.

Perthshire and Shettleston only by default from the last round. They earned their place up to then. 

Lanark 0 Cumbernauld 2
Our season has come to the end with a first defeat in 8 games against a very well organised and much more experienced team. Very close game. Very little in it which turned on a controversial decision which resulted in their 2nd goal.
We created quite a few chances which were very well saved by their keeper who, looked older than me, is certainly heavier than me but is definitely more agile than me!
Season definitely finished on a high performance wise.
And a lovely afternoon to boot

Lanark 0 Cumbernauld 2
Our season has come to the end with a first defeat in 8 games against a very well organised and much more experienced team. Very close game. Very little in it which turned on a controversial decision which resulted in their 2nd goal.
We created quite a few chances which were very well saved by their keeper who, looked older than me, is certainly heavier than me but is definitely more agile than me!
Season definitely finished on a high performance wise.
And a lovely afternoon to boot

Ian Wilson is our goalkeeping coach, due to unforeseen circumstances he was forced to play today, he pulled off a good few saves to prevent Lanark from scoring.

We weren’t anywhere near our best today, but your young team played really well and passed the ball about well. If you can keep them together for next season and playing like that you won’t be long in getting up the leagues. All the best for next season

2 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Ian Wilson is our goalkeeping coach, due to unforeseen circumstances he was forced to play today, he pulled off a good few saves to prevent Lanark from scoring.
We weren’t anywhere nearer our best today, but your young team played really well and passed the ball about well. If you can keep them together for next season and playing like that you won’t be long in getting up the leagues. All the best for next season

Fantastic goalie for Pollok back in the 00s.

8 hours ago, TheNauld said:

We weren’t anywhere near our best today, but your young team played really well and passed the ball about well. If you can keep them together for next season and playing like that you won’t be long in getting up the leagues. All the best for next season

Thanks. We have been pleased with the way the young lads have been shaping up and we did play and have been playing some nice football. That said, our own gem of a keeper Gareth Hallford had a few good saves of his own to keep us in it.

Big Ian was I think Lok player of the year twice at least.Great keeper,great motivator before during and after games and I remember well when we held our benefit night for him after his serious car accident our great friends from Arthurlie coming along and supporting Ian with a table and large donation.Total respect from all-and it made me realise that in our greatest rivals were many really good friends as well.

The outstanding 3rd round tie Pollok v Wishaw was originally scheduled for 23rd May, then changed to 26th May, and now deleted completely and Wishaw have a league match on 26th instead.

Goodness knows when our quarter final tie against the winner of that match is going to be.

Does anybody know why the Pollok v Wishaw 3rd round match can't be played this coming Wednesday 23rd May ? That was the originally scheduled date for the match, then it was deleted from the fixtures list, but neither team have a match that night.

complete madness imo  Wishaw  playing meaningless league game on sat

should be cup tie.  we will also be waiting at least another week also to play hurlford in the west qf

due to junior cup final also if we win tomorrow against Cambuslang 

should be cup tie.  we will also be waiting at least another week also to play hurlford in the west qf

Dont win! Problem solved!

I assumed our Wednesday game was deleted as they were gonna play Neilston on the Wednesday, then the Saturday fixture was deleted for whatever reason. Absolutely insane stuff . Can only hope till be a week tomorrow now. 

As was said on another thread wishaws league game on Saturday isn’t meaningless

Main proposal is all 64 clubs in 1 tournament, 4-team sections and a regionalised draw for the knockout stage. Kept at pre-/early season.
All still to be discussed and approved at GM & AGM of course.

We already have the West why wud we add more fixtures to an already full card 8 games to win it that’s surely a no go

I'd keep it, but exclude the top 2 divisions from entry.  Keeps the cup alive and gives the teams in the lower divisions a real chance of winning a trophy.

That’s my idea too allowing the top 2 leagues who are more likely to get further in other 3 cups to get cracked into league games asap

Archived