Spyro Reignited Trilogy

paul-r-cfc

As was expected after the success of the Crash remaster, after being leaked on Amazon Mexico, a HD remaster of the original Spyro trilogy has been confirmed for release in September and it's looking delicious.

Absolutely loved these games on the original PlayStation. Totally completed 2 and 3 and only a pesky glitch stopped us getting the last dragon on the 1st game. You know, cos back in the day you shared a save file with your siblings. What a world!

There's a trailer out but don't know how to embed it on my phone. Comparing it side by side with the 1998 original. 1998! Can you fuckin believe that.?! Twenty years ago!

IMG_20180405_203450.jpg

IMG_20180405_203333.jpg

IMG_20180405_203324.jpg

Pre-ordered off amazon for £32. First game I've ever pre-ordered but want to make sure I avoid the inevitable shortages if the Crash Bandicoot release is anything to go by

I just downloaded Crash. For once the store was the same price as the hard copy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This remaster is fantastic news. Bringing these 3 fantastic games to the newer generation of gamers in updated graphics is great.

Spyro 1 has always been an underrated gem in my book. No having to deal with stupid mini games or shit playable side characters from the later games, just fun platforming with whimsical level design and an amazing soundtrack to boot.  The main thing l have always loved about Spyro was the fact that a Dragon was the leading protagonist for once in a video game. The Dragon being the typical villain has always been something I have disliked in games. More games should follow in Spyro's footsteps, and think outside the box rather than follow the norm.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 22:18, Silas Stingy said:

Spyro 1 has always been an underrated gem in my book. No having to deal with stupid mini games or shit playable side characters from the later games, just fun platforming with whimsical level design and an amazing soundtrack to boot.  

The soundtrack was by the drummer in the Police as I recall.

• 2 months later...

Couldn't sleep last night so decided just to purchase it and let it download over night. Had a wee shot so far and it's lovely.

I never played Spyro much as a kid; I was more of a Crash Bandicoot/linear gaming guy. The concept of open world was a bit too much for me back then and only ever saw relatives play Spyro, but I'm buzzing to get stuck right in to this remaster. 

Archived