Berwick Rangers v Peterhead

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

Well at least this visit to Shielfield Park will be a three o'clock kick-off so hopefully the officials will see the agricultural challenges being meted out. Sure the Berwick faithful will be salivating over the thought of another opposition player being carried off injured to the point of requiring an operation and will bay joyfully it's occurence.

Hopefully football is in fact the winner, Peterhead striving to keep their title hopes alive Berwick attempting to be the third worst team in the league in a battle with Edinburgh City !!!

Prediction 0-2 if Peterhead's defence defend

2-0 if the officials and hammer throwers have their way.

Below match preview,

Hope the park dries out & the game goes ahead on Saturday. Am going to be working Saturday night so will miss this trip which is a pity as I usually enjoy trips there, sadly last time down on the Tuesday night the Nicky Riley incident sickened me with a few of the home supporters in the Ducat, it was unclear at the time what actually happened but was crystal clear straight away that the player was in agony a small section of the home support gave him dogs abuse which continued even when he was stretchered off which was disgraceful. He required surgery on his knee & did other damage as well & may be lucky to return for next season. Hopefully happier memories for those that manage to get down this time.

If that happened and I wasn't there, I apologise and hope he makes a speedy recovery.  As for tomorrow, I feel we are in the mood to give someone a hiding, hopefully it's vs the Heed but this is 2nd division football so anything can could happen and it probably will.  Hope springs eternal and 3 points would be very well deserved for this young Berwick side

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

That’s a bit optimistic! He currently has 98 goals!

Don't know if the stats are based on league goals for Peterhead or combined with his time at Brechin or if its in all competitions but am quite sure Rory will be quite happy to end the day with anyone in a Peterhead shirt scoring a winner for us. Would expect Berwick to at least have a go tomorrow unlike our last game where after getting a goal they never ventured over the half way line.

It's 98 goals in the SPFL (since the summer of 2013). 

Here's a link to an article from January; McAllister is basically a full season of goals ahead of anyone else!

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/list-of-all-time-leading-spfl-scorers/

He appears to have 184 league goals in total, 233 in all competitions.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

It's 98 goals in the SPFL (since the summer of 2013). 

Here's a link to an article from January; McAllister is basically a full season of goals ahead of anyone else!

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/list-of-all-time-leading-spfl-scorers/

He appears to have 184 league goals in total, 233 in all competitions.

Cheers for that David W that makes sense

1 hour ago, HootsMon said:

Let’s hope Rory can settle things on Saturday by getting his 200th SPFL goal.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

That’s a bit optimistic! He currently has 98 goals!

According to Soccer base he has scored 184 league goals. 141 for Peterhead, 40 for Brechin and 3 for ICT.

If you add in cup games he has scored a further 49 to give him an overall total of 233 goals in  416 game.

His overall Peterhead record is 176 goals in 270 games quite a record.

35 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

:(

P GD Pts
Clyde 13 9 25
Peterhead 12 7 21
Stirling Albion 12 1 21
Montrose 9 9 20
Elgin City 12 -5 14
Cowdenbeath 11 -4 13
Stenhousemuir 10 2 13
Edinburgh City 12 -6 11
Annan Athletic 11 -2 10
Berwick Rangers 10 -11 5

Apart from our right back being unable to pass, several midfielders having the same affliction but also not giving too much of a toss, and not bothering to play a forward line in the first place, I thought today was a bit of a delight.

Guest TOPFITTER

Well the footballing team and the game won today, the officials and the cloggers were undone. Chris Graham try as he could failed to ensure a result for the Wee 'Gers. Lavery and Thomson tried hard to intimidate by fair means or foul and IMO could or should have seen red but unlikely as Mr Graham and his inept flag wavers had less balls than a brass monkey in a snowstorm.

Berwick were undoubtedly poorer and Peterhead far improved from the mid-week game here, and the Balmoor Boys were not to be bullied and played at times some nice football on a strength sapping pitch with more than a Rugby feel about it!!!

No failures for the Blue Toon and for me Big Cracks just shaded the Peterhead FC,  Man Of The Match. Including Directors and Guests there must have been 2 dozen in the away end who left a lot happier with this battling display than some of this seasons powder puff efforts.

3 hours ago, Redcar said:

Apart from our right back being unable to pass, several midfielders having the same affliction but also not giving too much of a toss, and not bothering to play a forward line in the first place, I thought today was a bit of a delight.

The single ray of sunshine is Robbie

Brilliant 3 pts Toon ..Berwick have taken points off the top teams already this season..Tough away game ,but Montrose  are like the " Midge " in this league , they just keep coming  :lol:..Great run in to the title though , anything can happen..

Archived