Hamilton Accies v Celtic

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that it then?
7 in a row

One more game to win.

Pretty much guaranteed now we won't play the ***'s in out next game after the split.

Can you imagine how they would be if we beat them at Parkhead to win the title.

A nothing game. 

Our shape was decent for a lot of the first half, but McGregor's goal is something we've seen so many times; a player in the space in between wing back and central midfielder. It allows teams to peg us in due to their deeper midfielders being able to knock it around in that space, or a striker has to drop in and nullify the counter. We looked a decent attacking threat when Crawford and Redmond drifted wide and got up against Boyata and Hendry. 

I didn't see Lyon's second booking but the first looked harsh. Could be wrong though. Ajer looked good, if a bit suspect for our goal, as did Celtic's two midfielders, but the rest were rather shite, so it's disappointing not to really get close to them.

Tomas largely strolled the game, but Want had a torrid time and VDW may have been have been poor for both goals simply from where they occurred. I'll need to see it again.

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

One more game to win.

Pretty much guaranteed now we won't play the ***'s in out next game after the split.

Can you imagine how they would be if we beat them at Parkhead to win the title.

They should invite along the East Fife team from the original 7 in a row game at Bayview in 1972.

7 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

An absolute nothing second yellow for Accies, should've just been word with both players to calm down. But of course in the eyes of some, it's all Tierney's fault for not wriggling out of the headlock quick enough.

Lyon grabbed him by the shoulder. This made Tierney do a triple pirouette. Darren Lyon's fucking solid but I don't think he has enough strength to make Tierney react like that.

2-1 flattered Accies - but who am I to complain - Celtic had the same issue they had against us - not turning possession in to goals.

Still think that both of us still have enough in the tank to stay ahead of County/Thistle - points in the bag that matters.

During your unbeaten domestic run did PSG not beat you 7-1 ?  I could be wrong.

If you check back you’ll see you were answering to a post mentioning the ‘invincible season’ not the unbeaten run, not only did you get the wrong score, you got the wrong fucking season.

2hx20bd.jpg

That game was dire, probably the worst atmosphere for an arse cheeks game at NDP too. Fulton made some good saves but I thought he could have done better for their 1st. Well taken goal by Bingham and nice ball by Crawford to set him up. Celtic's finishing again was poor today but not complaining. Also missed the incident for Lyon"s 2nd yellow. Want didn't look comfortable at right back in the 2nd half but can't really complain when being asked to play out of position. Poor marking by us in the six yard box for Griffith's goal too. Oh well, at least out goal difference hasn't took a battering, so onto the Killie game now which is massive for us going into the split.

On a positive not the club's plan to keep the cheeks out of the home end seemed to work.

There was a couple in the very back row but I reckon they were from hospitality, not a lot you can do about that.

1 minute ago, d_t_b said:

On a positive not the club's plan to keep the cheeks out of the home end seemed to work.

There was a couple in the very back row but I reckon they were from hospitality, not a lot you can do about that.

Nah, it didn't really work, sadly, but they were definitely less rambunctious. There were Celtic fans all around us. Not much more the club can do though. 

Just now, accies1874 said:

Nah, it didn't really work, sadly, but they were definitely less rambunctious. There were Celtic fans all around us. Not much more the club can do though. 

Ah, shame. I didnt notice any where I was sitting but I suppose as long as they're not making a tit of themselves like the other shower a few weeks back then fair enough

Archived