The Binos v The Gable Endies

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute howler today at Forthbank from the Binos, Montrose deserved their victory today against an Albion side which quite frankly could not score in a barrel of fannies. Mr Runcone the ref started better than expected but once again fell into his usual standards. How he did not send off a Montrose player for raising his hands in a rumpus is beyond me in the 2nd half. 

Good luck to Mo in their quest for the Title, fortunately for us results went our way apart from the Stenny result who won 4-1 and if they win their 2 games in hand will be level with us on points. Just  hope we can regroup for the visit to Broadwood next week never a happy ground for us. 

what a cracking result. well done to everybody.

can't lose focus, we must win every game left to be sure of promotion. But today a remarkable high point.

don't know when we last won so emphatically away from home? 5-1 against Forfar at Station park nearly 15 years ago?

:o

Montrose were immense especially in the second half.
Referee wise. Two early bookings for Montrose for strong but perfectly fair tackles. Albion were lucky they only had one player sent off. Could have easily been 3. No.11 was reckless when he went in on Ballantine. If Bally hadn’t retaliated it would have been a red. I’m saying that, both should have been red.
Then finally, Rennie clean through on goal, the keeper makes a save outside the box, straight red.

36 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Then finally, Rennie clean through on goal, the keeper makes a save outside the box, straight red.

Free flowing game with well taken goals. Congrats Montrose. Mon fans bounced and sang through the afternoon. 

Stirling had six plus,dead balls into 18 yard box  in first half. All collected by keeper or headed clear. Not one ball hit the deck where we could have scrapped for it. Not surprising considering height of keeper and defence.Repeated twice more in second half . Which suggests a clear Stirling management instruction. Project Conspiacy or  gross incompentence. Not long to wait and find out which.

Re Stirling fans downer on ref.   First red, classic Robertson indicipline. See comments above re ref feeling sorry for Stirling. Resulting free kick and goal were just rewards.

An early Binos goal might have changed things but it didn't come and if I was a Binos fan I would be worried about how their team lost their way after the first Montrose goal. At that point Stirling were very much in the game but they just seemed to lose their shape, lose the plot and lose their ragg. Mo by that time had had two yellow cards and I was thinking with Mike Roncone we weren't likely to finish with 11 men. Certainly the ref was card happy again but not biased either way and the rash of second half cards were somewhat deserved were they not?

The Mo were deserved winners but I hope Stirling regain their discipline and don't totally ruin their otherwise decent season.

Not in a million years did I think we’d come away from today with a 5-0 win. Not much in the first half between the sides other than a cracking finish from Rennie. First 15 of the second we sat way too deep and got lucky that Stirling didn’t nick a goal from the only half chance they had. After that it was one way traffic. Lewis’s first was an Exocet .. Cammy’s was goal of the season stuff. At that point Stirling lost the plot and were lucky to avoid having another 2 or 3 sent off. Things settled down after the 4th. It was ole football for the last 10 mins. Great management from SP today. Took Redman and Bolo off before the ref got conned into sending them off.

Excellent second 45. Excellent atmosphere and great performance from the lads. Nice to see Milne bag his hat trick after being pulled after scoring 2 last week.

Most pleasing was watching the team smiling and celebrating together after the goals kept going in. Hope we can keep up the team spirit, smash Cowden on Tuesday and take it from there!

Albion were lucky they only had one player sent off. Could have easily been 3. No.11 was reckless when he went in on Ballantine.

As I have just posted on our forum: If you were to go by the laws of the game then we could of had 5 red cards in it. Bolo’s in the First Half was high and he was off the ground, reckless, not in control.

Willie Robertson for his 2 yellows.

Kav for his challenge before the “rumpus” was the same as Bolo’s, both feet off the floor.

The Montrose player for raising his hands and being aggressive. As soon as you lift your hands to someone, you’re off

Wight for the 5th goal for denying aclear goal scoring opportunity.

if I was a Binos fan I would be worried about how their team lost their way after the first Montrose goal.

Oh believe me, we are.

Well done Montrose, you have been immense at Forthbank twice this season and as I have said in a post previous, I hope you’re crowned champions in a few weeks time.

Oh believe me, we are.

You need 2 more points to guarantee a play off spot. Can't see you missing out. Your last game at home against Stenny should be interesting. Thing is, who would you want to play? A deflated Peterhead ( fingers crossed) or a piss poor Albion Rovers (probably).
Would hope you can make it up.

14 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

what a cracking result. well done to everybody.

can't lose focus, we must win every game left to be sure of promotion. But today a remarkable high point.

don't know when we last won so emphatically away from home? 5-1 against Forfar at Station park nearly 15 years ago?

:o

No need to bring that up again, looking forward to reversing that next season.

Well done the Mo, fantastic performance against a fucking awful side today, some outstanding goals in the mix aswell.

Not quite as bad as Peterhead on the "Game management" side of things.;)

Ref was gash, but didnt affect the scoreline in anyway.

What a day yesterday was....Superb effort from everyone!!
Montrose back to their early season form assisted with Albion down to 10 men but none the less that was a spanking yesterday.Easy over 150 fans their in full voice great to see....long may it continue.

Oh believe me, we are.

Well done Montrose, you have been immense at Forthbank twice this season and as I have said in a post previous, I hope you’re crowned champions in a few weeks time.
Do Albion do highlights of the game?

7 minutes ago, mo83 said:
20 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Oh believe me, we are.

Do Albion do highlights of the game?

I've had a look and I can't find any highlights of this game or any other Albion game this season.  Some youngster does a vlog but he hasn't posted anything so far...

3 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've had a look and I can't find any highlights of this game or any other Albion game this season.  Some youngster does a vlog but he hasn't posted anything so far...

There was a camera behind us in the East Stand so should be highlights somewhere. Pity if not as it would be good to see the Cammy Ballantyne goal again as the camera was right behind him. Seem to remember the highlights of all (?) games used to be be somewhere but can't recall where as it's a while since and usually just watch on You tube these days.

If it was a Binos cameraman can't blame him for not showing anything but fair play to Stirling in all fairness as they are and always have been a great football club. 

There was a camera behind us in the East Stand so should be highlights somewhere. Pity if not as it would be good to see the Cammy Ballantyne goal again as the camera was right behind him. Seem to remember the highlights of all (?) games used to be be somewhere but can't recall where as it's a while since and usually just watch on You tube these days.
If it was a Binos cameraman can't blame him for not showing anything but fair play to Stirling in all fairness as they are and always have been a great football club. 

On a Sunday and especially a hungover Sunday I love trawling through all the lower league highlights. Never seen a highlights package from Stirling this season. All games are filmed as a requirement I’m sure but for managers and coaches not always highlights. Wouldn’t expect there to be any. Our cameraman for the highlights is home and away.

Archived