Queens v Inverness

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cue Naysmith/Anderson (andSD)  saying we were unlucky not to take something from the game as we were the better team in the second half.  ICT completely controlled the first half and "game managed"  the second half adequately with us only showing occasional glimpses of imitating a football team. I can see zero points being added to our current total,  even with Brechin still to play.  

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Cue Naysmith/Anderson (andSD)  saying we were unlucky not to take something from the game as we were the better team in the second half.  ICT completely controlled the first half and "game managed"  the second half adequately with us only showing occasional glimpses of imitating a football team. I can see zero points being added to our current total,  even with Brechin still to play.  

I await the official explanation .

Inverness away from home play 2 up front, we, at home, play one up front (a not fully fit Dobbie). Inverness play us off the park in the first half, effectively killing the game by half time. If your staying Mr Naysmith, please stop fielding a team with one up front at home, giving the opposition team the advantage from the start.

This ICT squad screams of too little, too late. 

There’s no point in going on a run now when there’s f**k all to play for. 

Morton and Livingston finishing above ICT is a sobering thought. 

If ever a single performance summed up how a team have been for an entire season, it was today's:-

- Goals conceded from crosses

- Only showing up for one half

- Opponents having a good spell and taking their chances whereas we fail to take our chances during our spell

- Our manager failing to realise we are hopeless in a system with 1 up front and Dobbie is completely ineffectual as that lone striker

- John Rankin bringing absolutely nothing to our midfield

- Aimless high balls resulting in nothing positive

I have probably missed something but seriously, how many games this season can all those things be applied to?

The team that should have started, started the second half. Too late.

Edited to add - 26 goals conceded from crosses this season and we'd have been 20 points better off as a result.

Inverness away from home play 2 up front, we, at home, play one up front (a not fully fit Dobbie). Inverness play us off the park in the first half, effectively killing the game by half time. If your staying Mr Naysmith, please stop fielding a team with one up front at home, giving the opposition team the advantage from the start.

I have been saying the same thing from almost the day GN arrived - it is blatantly obvious that this tactic is completely ineffective. You only need to look at our home results if any statistical evidence is required to confirm what you see in terms of performances.

I don't think many Queens' fans can contemplate watching another season with this guy in charge. He certainly talks a good game but sadly that is as far as it goes. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he has what it takes to turn things around.

14 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I don't think many Queens' fans can contemplate watching another season with this guy in charge. He certainly talks a good game but sadly that is as far as it goes. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he has what it takes to turn things around.

Spot on.I had enough a long time ago.Please go Mr.Nayidea.This is not the Queen of the South I know and love.

There is no denying the better team won today, and probably in as comfortable a fashion as they have all season.  Without being disrespectful to Inverness though, their team isn't full of names that strike fear into me.  What won them the game today was their organisation and collective effort.  Something notably lacking from our game.  Days like today where we have been completely outplayed by a side no better than our own have me wondering whether the players are all that bad or are just being badly managed.  Our shape was dreadful today and we appeared to have no game plan at all.  Either the players are incapable of taking in instructions, or the manager is incapable of issueing them.  Either way it doesn't reflect well on him.

A lot has been made of our budget, most of it correct, we aren't in the market for any future Barcelona players.  We're still a full-time club, paying full-time wages, to supposed professional footballers, so to see them struggle to do basic things like throw a throw-in to a team mate or deal with a cross is hugely frustrating.

The manager will probably, with some justification, point out that no team has completely out-played us this season.  Rather than strengthen his cause though I think our poor return from 50/50 or 60/40 games is an argument against him.  Good teams pick up points they don't deserve to.  Poor teams drop points they don't deserve to.

Surprised at how comfortable that was. First time I’ve ever seen us win at Palmerston, in umpteen visits. Usually get a hard game from Queens with a late equaliser or whatever.

2 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

I’d only replace the Chairman

With who ?.. 

Get someone with a bit of cash who wants to work for nothing trying to get a football club to win games of football

Have someone in mind ?

10 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

With who ?.. 

Get someone with a bit of cash who wants to work for nothing trying to get a football club to win games of football

Have someone in mind ?

A cardboard cutout?

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If ever a single performance summed up how a team have been for an entire season, it was today's:-

- Goals conceded from crosses

- Only showing up for one half

- Opponents having a good spell and taking their chances whereas we fail to take our chances during our spell

- Our manager failing to realise we are hopeless in a system with 1 up front and Dobbie is completely ineffectual as that lone striker

- John Rankin bringing absolutely nothing to our midfield

- Aimless high balls resulting in nothing positive

I have probably missed something but seriously, how many games this season can all those things be applied to?

The team that should have started, started the second half. Too late.

Edited to add - 26 goals conceded from crosses this season and we'd have been 20 points better off as a result.

I was going to post but you have said it all. I would love the manager to explain what the first half was about in team selection, shape and tactics. An utter mess. And for the umpteenth time at Palmerston. When did we last win at home?

And so another season ends. WTF was that first half performance all about Naysmith and will any supporters turn up for the final home league game against Utd?

Archived