Beano takes piss out of Rees-Mogg

MEADOWXI

https://www.indy100.com/article/jacob-rees-mogg-cease-and-decease-letter-beano-walter-brown-copyright-8287936

Beano sends cease-and-desist letter to Jacob Rees-Mogg asking him to stop masquerading as one of their characters

Posted about 3 hours ago by Mimi Launder in offbeat
  • Upvote
              
jacob-walter.jpg

Beano has asked Jacob Rees-Mogg – who is often jokingly referred to as a walking, talking caricature of poshness – to stop masquerading as one of its cartoon characters.

The children’s comic alleged that the politician and their character Walter Brown are more alike than coincidence allows for, and accused the MP of "copyright infringement" on Twitter.

Walter Brown, the infamous enemy of Dennis the Menace, is known for taking a briefcase to school to make him feel grown-up, an uncanny ability to take the fun out of everything and regularly declaring "fun is for failures!" 

The letter is not pleasant reading for the prominent Eurosceptic backbencher, referring to his "bullish behaviour", "snootiness" and "enjoyment of classical music (because he thinks it makes him seem clever)".

Mike Sterling, who is head of Beano Studios Scotland and wrote the letter, also pointed out that Walter first appeared in the Beano in 1953, 16 years before Rees-Mogg’s birth in 1969.

He said: 

We were flattered when we discovered that Jacob Rees-Mogg has dedicated his life to impersonating one of my favourite Beano characters, young Walter.

Nonetheless, as a hard-working British media company, we would prefer the public gets its Walter fix in the pages of our comics and on Beano.com , rather than played out on the political stage.

In other words, bog off Rees-Mogg!

Update: Jacob Rees-Mogg has now responded to the accusation on Twitter. 

8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I always thought he was more Horace out the Broons  0001357.jpeg

Looking at the family, you have to assume Maw Broon was shagging aboot fairly regularly.  No way they're all Paw's....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ha-ha, very funny.  Jacob Rees-Mogg looks live he's over 50s. The Best moments with him  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9b08J2KrA . My father worked in parliament as his father did. Right hand of prime-minister. It was a long story ago. I have a good job now, and thinking to promote other members of our company. Besides that I have one guy who uses drugs and tries to make additional money by selling them inside the building like nobody knows.But main factor why the letter was sent it is because of stealing clients database from server. It's like look all on one problem to miss another one more important. First time I had experience doing Cease and Desist Letter as process inside company I work. Thanks to https://tracktime24.com/Blog/free-cease-and-desist-letter-template they explained carefully and very simple on how this measure works with details.

Edited by Procyon Star