2018 Commonwealth Games - Gold Coast

Salvo Montalbano

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/43708902

Woman's netball team lose to Malawi, banter.

I went met one of the netball team on tinder and went out with her for a few months during the Glasgow games. Seen she was playing today.

Pretty much irrelevant to the thread but thought I’d mention it anyway...

Couple of bronze medals guaranteed in boxing this morning. You wouldn’t have known that it was Scotland v England in that 75kg quarter final in the build up, it was all about Whittaker in the pre fight chat then when they cut to the ring “oh and he’s facing Docherty of Scotland”

Genuinely chuffed about this. I work at David's local paper and have covered his successes over the years, plus I'm involved with the local sports council who have given him funding. Absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to work now - which I didn't think was likely after the Saints score last night.

Now that the swimming over, lets sum up Duncan Scott games, 1 Gold, 1 Siliver, 4 Bronze for a tottal of 6 medals to come our most successful athlete in one games.

Cant waite to see what he dose in the europeans in Glasgow in August. Anyone know when the tickest go on sail ?

Some boy :)

On 10/04/2018 at 12:37, Boghead ranter said:

Fantastic performance by them.

I happened to be in the same restaurant as the basketball team the night before they left for Australia. They were at a steak house in Paisley. Seemed like a good group of boys, they were introduced to everyone by the owners of the restaurant and got a good cheer as they left. Hope they do well. 

Now that the swimming over, lets sum up Duncan Scott games, 1 Gold, 1 Siliver, 4 Bronze for a tottal of 6 medals to come our most successful athlete in one games.
Cant waite to see what he dose in the europeans in Glasgow in August. Anyone know when the tickest go on sail ?
Some boy [emoji4]

Tickets have been on sale since last year. I’d imagine there’ll still be some available though.

Oh great more fucking gymnastics.

Can the Glaswegian contingent tell me how ticketing works for this? Can you pick and choose which events you attend or is it pot luck? Was planning to go to some events when we host it but would be pissed off if I ended up with gymnastics.

Oh great more fucking gymnastics.

Can the Glaswegian contingent tell me how ticketing works for this? Can you pick and choose which events you attend or is it pot luck? Was planning to go to some events when we host it but would be pissed off if I ended up with gymnastics.
You can buy specific events, the missus had got me a ticket for the golf but I got a refund after they altered the schedule.

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I happened to be in the same restaurant as the basketball team the night before they left for Australia. They were at a steak house in Paisley. Seemed like a good group of boys, they were introduced to everyone by the owners of the restaurant and got a good cheer as they left. Hope they do well. 

Yeah, they are.  Know a couple of them personally, and the way basketball is in Scotland (played in sports centre halls where, if you sit in the right place, you are literally right behind the team bench) I've seen first hand that a good few of the others are really decent guys.

If they stay within 30-40 points of Australia that'll be a great result, but I'm confident that they'll be able to beat Canada in the bronze medal match.  Highly unlikely that Canada will beat the Tall Blacks in the other semi.

Yeah, they are.  Know a couple of them personally, and the way basketball is in Scotland (played in sports centre halls where, if you sit in the right place, you are literally right behind the team bench) I've seen first hand that a good few of the others are really decent guys.
If they stay within 30-40 points of Australia that'll be a great result, but I'm confident that they'll be able to beat Canada in the bronze medal match.  Highly unlikely that Canada will beat the Tall Blacks in the other semi.
Is the Tall Blacks their actual nickname or did you just make it up? Either way it's fantastic.

Just now, Craig the Hunter said:
10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Is the Tall Blacks their actual nickname or did you just make it up? Either way it's fantastic.

Not my work I'm afraid, that's what they're pretty much universally known as.

Archived