2018 Commonwealth Games - Gold Coast

Salvo Montalbano

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say im getting fucking beyond bored by the england centric coverage pish from the BBC, they aren’t even pretending to be balanced now. They were making intro videos for English Heptathletes ‘so good they named her twice’ and that pish, despite there being Scottish and Welsh athletes in the mix who werent even mentioned, i wish there was alternative coverage.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have to say im getting fucking beyond bored by the england centric coverage pish from the BBC, they aren’t even pretending to be balanced now. They were making intro videos for English Heptathletes ‘so good they named her twice’ and that pish, despite there being Scottish and Welsh athletes in the mix who werent even mentioned, i wish there was alternative coverage.

I was discussing  with Tom English on Twitter the coverage about the Scotland Basketball reaching the semis the other day.  The initial BBC website post had a 2-line sentence about it, and then had a 2-line sentence about England going out.  He replied that "looks like a bit of gratuitous BBC bashing to me"

To be fair they (well English has) have picked up their game since then.

On the athletics results that come up on the screen what does ‘SB’ mean against a name?

I get PB for Personal Best, GR for Games Record etc. but can’t work out what SB stands for.

Scotland’s performance against Australia in the basketball semi this evening is tough to watch. They’ve done brilliantly to get this far, with a very shallow squad (half a dozen BBL-standard players plus a few rookies), but tonight they’re playing like they’ve forgotten everything they ever knew.

Shooting 6% from downtown close to the end of the third quarter is lamentable. Looking like a 60 point defeat incoming. Australian are a top 10 nation, and even without their NBA stars, a rout was always on the cards, but Scotland have been shooting even worse than the numbers look, with numerous efforts not even threatening the rim.

Lets hope they can regroup for the bronze medal match, most likely against Canada.

5 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Scotland’s performance against Australia in the basketball semi this evening is tough to watch. They’ve done brilliantly to get this far, with a very shallow squad (half a dozen BBL-standard players plus a few rookies), but tonight they’re playing like they’ve forgotten everything they ever knew.

Shooting 6% from downtown close to the end of the third quarter is lamentable. Looking like a 60 point defeat incoming. Australian are a top 10 nation, and even without their NBA stars, a rout was always on the cards, but Scotland have been shooting even worse than the numbers look, with numerous efforts not even threatening the rim.

Lets hope they can regroup for the bronze medal match, most likely against Canada.

Canada have beaten NZ with a buzzer beater. Scotland v Tall Blacks for bronze will be really tough

6 hours ago, Frankie S said:

The Aussie defence was outstanding, from a different planet.  Any attempt that the Scots got at the target was an under pressure one.  Fair play to the guys on 2 points though - A, they kept at it the whole game (and did pretty well in the 2nd Q), and B, they've overperformed by a country mile in the tourney.

Canny believe that Canada beat NZ, I was well confident that the bronze match would be Scotland/Canada.  Playing NZ for the bronze will be another huge task, I hope they're not too demoralised after the Australia match.

Bronze medal match is at midnight tonight, if I've got my timings right.

Archived