Hearts v Aberdeen

22 hours ago, Nastro said:

Aye, ye cannae whack a wee bit Auld Reekie banter now can you. :lol:

Since it's you though, I'll have a wee word with CL and the boys. 

Long live Edinburgh. :bounce2

Don't say I didn't promise :lol:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a pile of mince from us ,will be surprised if Hearts don't add to the two goals.

Too many players having mares and Lewis looks a bombscare with his kicking 

Ho hum straw clutching Ross county 1 up on Hibs.

Rangers easily finish second but can we stay ahead of Hibs, erm not playing like this we won't.

What a pile of mince from us ,will be surprised if Hearts don't add to the two goals.
Too many players having mares and Lewis looks a bombscare with his kicking 
Ho hum straw clutching Ross county 1 up on Hibs.
Rangers easily finish second but can we stay ahead of Hibs, erm not playing like this we won't.

Aye, we have been mince. Hearts have been comfortably better - playing between the lines and making a mockery of our midfield. That said they only really had 3 chances that I can recall. Fair bit of good fortune involved in both goals frustratingly.

McGinn, May, and Christie all contributing zip. The latter being particularly frustrating. We need to be miles better if we want to salvage something from today and carry some momentum into the big game next week.

7 minutes ago, scottxs said:

2nd half is making my eyes bleed. Hearts sitting deep instead of finishing this game

Nice in Dingwall today I believe.

2nd half is making my eyes bleed. Hearts sitting deep instead of finishing this game

Canna blame them. Games won. We haven’t registered a shot after 20 mins of the second half. Half time rocket must have been soggy.

Let me take a gamble as to what happened: Greg Stewart, Niall McGinn and Ryan Christie were hiding; May had no service; Shinnie and McLean got annoyed at what was in front of them not turning up again and behind them being shaky; O'Connor and Considine woefully exposed yet again. Logan average as per. GMS and Rooney made a difference when they come on but too little too late. Arnason a waste of a sub. Sound about right?

Cos if so, it's the same big game performance as every one outside of two of the three against Hibernian.

Easy win for Hearts very comfortable, we got a nil nil in the second half though..............................................joking of course well done Hearts but christ we were awful.

Hearts the better team. Got the two goal cushion and probably could have had more had they wanted to, but they didn't need to and rarely looked under genuine pressure until right near the end when it really seemed like the Dons had left it too late. Pretty dire from us, just passing the ball about the back four looking completely bereft of ideas. Midfielders weren't doing anywhere near enough. Kari probably made the biggest difference for us as he actually drove forwards with the ball, thought GMS and Rooney both looked good when they came on but really didn't have enough time to properly impose themselves on the game. That's three games against Hearts and 0 goals and on today's performance I can see why.

Poor all round really. Short of Hibs and Rangers having some poor results I'm struggling to see us finishing second again unfortunately.

I thought Hearts were good. Took the chances when presented with them, kept the shape, frustrated Aberdeen all game. Didn't have an awful lot going forward after the goals but didn't need to, looked most likely to score before they did get the goals then didn't look like conceding apart from the chance right near the end. I thought Aberdeen were poor but it wasn't a case of some games against Hearts were they've been poor and we've been worse, I thought Hearts actually played well. Levien style football perhaps but a good performance nonetheless.

28 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Let me take a gamble as to what happened: Greg Stewart, Niall McGinn and Ryan Christie were hiding; May had no service; Shinnie and McLean got annoyed at what was in front of them not turning up again and behind them being shaky; O'Connor and Considine woefully exposed yet again. Logan average as per. GMS and Rooney made a difference when they come on but too little too late. Arnason a waste of a sub. Sound about right?

Cos if so, it's the same big game performance as every one outside of two of the three against Hibernian.

Besides Arnason that is pretty much spot on. Thought the defence looked more solid when he came on but that may well be because Hearts weren't pushing on as much.

Christie, Stewart and Mcginn offered absolutely nothing so defence had to pass amongst themselves or do one twos with midfielders who were bereft of ideas.

Didn't look close to opening up Hearts at any point.

McInnes' Aberdeen record against non-Cathro Hearts teams (Locke, Neilson, Levein):

Played: 12

Won: 2

Drawn: 4

Lost: 6

Goals for:  8

Goals against: 13

Archived