Hoppy vrs Duffy - Sat 7th April

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Come on Mortonians.....do it for the skunks.....choo choo:thumsup2

I know it won’t happen but if we beat Livi quite convincingly and you conceded a last minute winner to Brechin to give them their first win, I think I would literally pish myself laughing.

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

I know it won’t happen but if we beat Livi quite convincingly and you conceded a last minute winner to Brechin to give them their first win, I think I would literally pish myself laughing.

I wouldn't mind from a selfish point of view. I'd rather it dragged on to our next home game.

Oh.....thanks Toby.

13 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

As much as I would like to see you win I can't see it. Still that only leaves us with 1 point to win the league third time we will have won the championship to Morton's NONE :thumsup2

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

As much as I would like to see you win I can't see it. Still that only leaves us with 1 point to win the league third time we will have won the championship to Morton's NONE :thumsup2

Actually this will be the first time you have won the Championship :) 

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

I'd be very surprised if Morton fans were in the main stand; I haven't checked back but assume that at this stage of the season their travelling support would be in the region of 600. That's more than enough to justify opening the East stand and it always makes for a better atmosphere.

I know these things are usually based on input from the visiting club so maybe previous travelling support is less than I'd thought; I know last time these teams met the away support was tiny but it was a midweek game with sub zero temperature and the game was in doubt up until a couple of hours before kick-off; you cant base anything on that.

Being able to see the away support is the only way to go.

Will be 350-400 tops probably.

22 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

It'll be the fifth time you've won the 'Championship' to our SIX. :)

Alexander; Lithgow, Halkett, Buchanan; Longridge, Thompson, Pittman, Byrne, De Vita; Hardie, Miller. 

Didn't realise Gallagher was suspended, or I hope he is and not injured. Good to see us starting Miller and Hardie up top. Robinson, Jacobs, Frizzell, Cadden and McMillan on the bench so we definitely have options if it isn't going our way. Think this will be a decent enough game. 

Russell fair to say hasn't had the best of seasons, but I thought he looked good last week and was one of our best players against dun Utd. Strange decision to drop him.

Are we playing 3 at the back or has Lamie moved to LB?  

Russell fair to say hasn't had the best of seasons, but I thought he looked good last week and was one of our best players against dun Utd. Strange decision to drop him.
Are we playing 3 at the back or has Lamie moved to LB?  

Lamie on left

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Everyone seems to know what his best team is. Shame he doesn’t.

That's my biggest problem with this. Evidence seems to suggest that he actually does. Consistently played that XI, rested players for the Celtic game and then the Livi game, and has been tinkering ever since. He knows that XI is his best team. He just can't resist fucking it about.

1 minute ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

That's my biggest problem with this. Evidence seems to suggest that he actually does. Consistently played that XI, rested players for the Celtic game and then the Livi game, and has been tinkering ever since. He knows that XI is his best team. He just can't resist fucking it about.

All he had to do was play the same team in the league and change it for the Celtic game. Why he thought that game was more important than trying to win promotion is beyond me.

Archived