Hoppy vrs Duffy - Sat 7th April

Have to say, sat there laughing when Harkins got taken off, he was bossing Pittman all game. Taking him off handed us the game in the end.

Thought Thompson looked poor again despite two assists, he's got great technique but 9 out of every 10 pass he plays seems to just go to an opposition player or out of play. We can't afford a player like that in the middle and Keaghan and Robbo offer so much more in the middle in terms of fight.

Lithgow MotM all day long

Frizzell looks absolute quality though, could be one of the fastest players I've seen at Livi for a while and has a real bit of drive in him

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Fair enough but for people to dismiss him as shite so early in his career is unfair on the boy. We can see he has talent but he should be slowly drafted into the first team, not playing every week as you say.

No wonder some kids never make it in the game when people are getting on their backs before their first team career has even started.

'getting on his back' isn't going to harm his chances of making it in the game. His lack of any semblance of technique is.

I'm not getting on his back anyway, just pointing out how nonsensical it is that he starts every game

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Have to say, sat there laughing when Harkins got taken off, he was bossing Pittman all game. Taking him off handed us the game in the end.

Thought Thompson looked poor again despite two assists, he's got great technique but 9 out of every 10 pass he plays seems to just go to an opposition player or out of play. We can't afford a player like that in the middle and Keaghan and Robbo offer so much more in the middle in terms of fight.

Lithgow MotM all day long

Frizzell looks absolute quality though, could be one of the fastest players I've seen at Livi for a while and has a real bit of drive in him

Who do you think is our best midfield 3?

Didn't think Harkins bossed anything. He was relatively poor. I actually thought Duffy's subs changed the game in our favour, given that we had a really strong spell until the goal and after. The problem was that he didn't make the last change even though our momentum was clearly waning and we were starting to get overrun in the midfield.

There's something admirable about this livi team. Not a great deal of natural ability within the side but everyone works really hard and knows exactly what their job is

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Pittman Byrne and Keaghan for sure. Robbo in there as well as a replacement for either 

Don't think the answers as easy as that; it really depends on the opposition.

For those teams that are particularly physical I'd start with Jacobs in there; for those that defend in depth I'd tend to prefer the speed and shooting prowess of Robinson

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Don't think the answers as easy as that; it really depends on the opposition.

For those teams that are particularly physical I'd start with Jacobs in there; for those that defend in depth I'd tend to prefer the speed and shooting prowess of Robinson

You can agree Thompson is nowhere close to either though right?

15 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Didn't think Harkins bossed anything. He was relatively poor. I actually thought Duffy's subs changed the game in our favour, given that we had a really strong spell until the goal and after. The problem was that he didn't make the last change even though our momentum was clearly waning and we were starting to get overrun in the midfield.

There's something admirable about this livi team. Not a great deal of natural ability within the side but everyone works really hard and knows exactly what their job is

I think there is plenty ability in this team. Teams are to quick to say that this team are just hard working and forget the quality that is in this team. They are much more than just hard working and physical as some might say

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

I think our best 3 is Keags Byrne and Pittman , Byrne and Pittman will play when fit and deservedly so but I would have Keags in beside them

We're still not quite clicking making passes around the final third, or even in attack when we gain possession, the ball is a fraction off getting to a Livi player getting in on goal, but it isn't far away, and once those passes start coming off we'll be in great shape going into the play offs. Maybe the timing is going to be just right and everything will click in the play offs, hope so anyway. We're winning with sheer will power just now though, but I think we'll need to hit 100% if we want to get through to the finals, and win it.

Just now, ATLIS said:

I wonder if there's something in Thompson's loan agreement that he has to have a certain amount of game time. I wouldn't normally see him as good enough to start in the team.

An added complication though could be that his parent company is also Hardie's and maybe we don't want to risk them calling them back before the playoffs are over?

Thompson has shown nothing to suggest he should be in our starting XI. Only thing he has done is the cross to Hardie away to Falkirk. Robinson and Jacobs must be gutted not tp be playing ahead of him. He is the same as Boyd who has offered nothing since coming in.

Few points:

Frizzel looks good. Pacey with a bit of composure.

Longride has been brilliant the last few games whereas Pittman has not been himself. (Although pittman is excellent 99% of the time)

Where was Hardie v Dunfermline and Morton?

Cadden is NOT a striker!!

Harkins is a p***k but a great player

Although our season objective was to finish 8th or higher, i will personally be gutted if we do not get second

Thompson has shown nothing to suggest he should be in our starting XI. Only thing he has done is the cross to Hardie away to Falkirk. Robinson and Jacobs must be gutted not tp be playing ahead of him. He is the same as Boyd who has offered nothing since coming in.
Few points:
Frizzel looks good. Pacey with a bit of composure.
Longride has been brilliant the last few games whereas Pittman has not been himself. (Although pittman is excellent 99% of the time)
Where was Hardie v Dunfermline and Morton?
Cadden is NOT a striker!!
Harkins is a p***k but a great player
Although our season objective was to finish 8th or higher, i will personally be gutted if we do not get second

Whilst I don’t think Thompson adds any value as a starter, he’s more useful than Boyd in that he can actually pass the ball.

I’m quite happy to give Hardie a pass over the last two games given the ball was launched at him for 90 minutes on Tuesday, and we didn’t really create any genuine chances in the final third to feet today. That said, he could’ve easily had a goal on Tuesday and today, as well as a penalty.

Agreed on the rest, to not get second now would be a major disappointment and probably put paid to any hopes we have of winning the play-offs.

Scott Tiffoney's production is better than Aiden Nesbitts yet he was considered by most to be decent for us...

Scott Tiffonney was also far more of a threat than Gary "can't shoot" Oliver.

He's still very raw but hes far from our biggest issue right now. Duffy chucking him all over the place certainly won't help either. He's played left wing, right wing, up front, and as a left wing back ffs...

I said if the referee got the penalty decision right he deserved a lot of credit... If anything he deserves a lot more stick, didn't even realise how close to it he was, think he must have been staring into space. 

As I thought, absolutely incredible decision not to award a penalty, he’s standing right in front of it, no excuse whatsoever for not giving that. 

Shame the highlights missed out the quite remarkable save from Gaston in the first half too, thought he’d saved Lithgows second header too yesterday, thankfully it sneaked through. 

Having watched utter dross at centre half for us before (I'm looking at you Chris Innes and Craig Sives), I can't put into words the night and dayness of having Lithgow and Halkett back there.

Totally dismissing the work Tiffoney did for us at the start of the year seems a bit odd, as does recognizing he's been properly cunted about since then. I suppose some folk don't have memories that go beyond the last 90 minutes.

I don't think Lithgow would have been slumming it at the likes of Stenny and Airdrie if it weren't for his off field past.

Very good defender at Championship level.

Archived