Hoppy vrs Duffy - Sat 7th April

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I don't have too much of an issue with Thomson playing, especially against a team like livingston. At least gives us a physical presence up front.

But I cannot get my head around Tiffoney starting every week. He's absolute fucking garbage.

Tiffoney is far from garbage, he has proved that with some important goals this season. Still a young player who has a lot to learn.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IainMorton said:

Tiffoney is far from garbage, he has proved that with some important goals this season. Still a young player who has a lot to learn.

He's shite. Quick, but has literally zero positional sense. He has offered nothing for weeks and struggles to even control the ball

7 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I don't have too much of an issue with Thomson playing, especially against a team like livingston. At least gives us a physical presence up front.

But I cannot get my head around Tiffoney starting every week. He's absolute fucking garbage.

Thomson is as physical as a plastic bag. He is absolute dross that will end up at Clyde or Airdrie

Absolutely phenomenal.

Denied a stonewall penalty but still fought back and won. This team has real heart and never gives up. Lithgow really has been immense this season, absolute standout for POTY for me.

This season is a dream, it just keeps getting better. Really can't wait for us to push on and try secure second.

6 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Good luck in the playoffs

You are only saying that because you need some dross to go up with you in order to give you some  chance of not coming down again straightaway. 

We now absolute must win our game in hand. That would put us 2 points behind the Pars. 

Not looking at Dun Utd until we see where they are with their games in hand. 

It's going to be ticht... 

If there was a game that summed us up it was that one, never say die attitude, fighting spirit second to none and really dug out a result when things weren’t going our way. 

Thought we where denied a clear penalty at 0-0 but that would’ve masked a poor start from us, when we got the equaliser though we started to get on top and finished the first half really well. 

Then we take the lead and I think right let’s go for the 3rd and finish the game but we suddenly sat back again and allowed Morton to come back into the game and the equaliser was coming, from then on I could honestly only see one winner. 

But somehow we dragged ourselves back up again and big Lithgow capped a fine performance with his 2nd goal of the day to pretty much secure a play off place. 

Truly remarkable that we are in the position we are in, we aren’t a quality side but we are such a hard working team and we never give up. 

We can now look to try and finish the season in 2nd place, still a tough ask and it looks to me like Dunfermline are now our main challengers for that accolade with them having the easier run in, but 4 points will do it. 

You are only saying that because you need some dross to go up with you in order to give you some  chance of not coming down again straightaway. 
Raging [emoji23] you worry about going the other way once you wish big Jim away

I don't have that much of a problem with Harkins and Oliver getting subbed off today tbh as there were both howling. Particularly Gary Oliver. I'm a fan of him holding the ball up but ultimately he's a centre forward who can't score and is constantly making the wrong decisions. I have no idea what his best position would be tbh.

I do have a problem with Frank Ross being on the bench every week, and with the utterly bizarre final substitution after going 3 2 behind.

TTG Jim.

Massive win today for Livingston. I thought Morton started the game very well and deservedly so went ahead. Then livi got on top and I thought second half were much the better side. Great headers by Lithgow , Morton goals were both near enough the same. Halkett and Lithgow done well , Byrne really drove the team on in second half , grew more and more into game. Would probably just edge our POTY for me infront of halkett. Pitts had much better second half but seems a bit of it last couple games. Wasn’t Hardie’s day today. Lee Miller worked hard for team as usual. Cadden looked of pace when he came on today , poor for Morton second goal. Great win livi 

Archived