Ross County vs Hibs

On 05/04/2018 at 09:08, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Dream scenario:

Shelley Marciano to replace Rocky in goals.

Marv Bartley to fingerblast another man's bumhole again.

DJ Khalid remix of 'Coming straight out of Leith'.

Likely scenario:

A shitfest of a 1-1 draw.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fairly typical game against Hibs, always find they flatter to deceive. Very tidy on the ball but all possession with little end product. When they have that much possession though there's a good chance they'll eventually work something through though. All in all happy with the point though. I'm fairly confident we'll pull away from Partick now, the question is whether we can catch either Dundee or Hamilton. 4 points isn't that much of a stretch now all of a sudden.

Thought Draper and Mckay were absolutely class yesterday. The both of them worked tirelessly, especially Draper. Souttar was no bad either, suppose every ball that came anywhere near him was clunked out in the second half, but Draper was my man of the match yesterday. Breaking up the play and starting counters. Billy Mckay just looks like a new signing from when we saw him under Coyle. Incredible.

It was worrying that we didn’t create many chances, but, despite the fact that Hibs were on top all game really, we showed good fight to dig in and I think every County fan would’ve taken a point before the game yesterday. A month ago, we would’ve taken diddly-squat from that game.

Onwards x

8 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Thought Draper and Mckay were absolutely class yesterday. The both of them worked tirelessly, especially Draper. Souttar was no bad either, suppose every ball that came anywhere near him was clunked out in the second half, but Draper was my man of the match yesterday. Breaking up the play and starting counters. Billy Mckay just looks like a new signing from when we saw him under Coyle. Incredible.

It was worrying that we didn’t create many chances, but, despite the fact that Hibs were on top all game really, we showed good fight to dig in and I think every County fan would’ve taken a point before the game yesterday. A month ago, we would’ve taken diddly-squat from that game.

Onwards x

Also thought Lindsay & Routis, two players I've been critical off in the past have been consistently good in this new 3142 formation.

Fontaine has been great since Davies has been out, leading the defence fantastically.

What a difference in the squad since that idiot Coyle had it.

We’ve achieved our highest pre split points total since 2001. Neil Lennon has done a great job this season, only thing to improve on is the high number of draws we’ve had. 

Also only been 3 games we haven't scored in. And one of them we fucking did score!

Draper is looking like the Ross Draper that used to turn up in Dingwall for ICT and kick County's midfield off the park. 

It's wonderful to see. The early tackle on McGinn, that left him limping for a few minutes, gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I thought it was a poor performance from Hibs yesterday, didn't look like scoring until Shaw and Swanson were brought on. We spent 70 minutes shelling balls up to the strikers which Fonts and Souttar dominated.  Then once Lennon changed it to a 4-4-2, County dropped deeper and we looked more threatening. I think we struggle to create chances on the more narrow pitches in the league  and revert to a more direct game which doesn't suit us.

Shaw and Swanson were good once they came on, in hindsight they probably should have been on sooner but it's good to see we have options on the bench which can change games in our favour. I still think it's 2 points dropped but 3 points off the **** and Aberdeen going into the split is brilliant to be honest. 

That first half was brutal. The only moment of note was the "defending" for that RC goal. We came on more strongly in the second half and really should have scored 3 or 4. Still, seeing the look on Nobby Mad**n's face when we equalized was well worth the journey alone.

Good to know we're done playing (with the exception of Hearts) cloggers for the season. It's all to play for now, so no team will be building a fort around their goal line.

Archived