Ross County vs Hibs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to dig a point out but really poor to let ourselves into that position.

Overall not a great result, but given Aberdeen's routine choking in Gorgie, we're still just shree sweet, sweet points behind that second spot.

Now if somebody could stop Kilmarnock winning every week, please?

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Good to dig a point out but really poor to let ourselves into that position.

Overall not a great result, but given Aberdeen's routine choking in Gorgie, we're still just shree sweet, sweet points behind that second spot.

Now if somebody could stop Kilmarnock winning every week, please?

Massive for us to salvage something from it today. Three behind second but as you say, Killie are a big threat. Can’t remember when they last lost in the league? Maybe when we pumped them 3-0. Going to be an exciting end to the season.

Think we might fall a wee bit short in the end but at the start of the season i’d have been happy with 4th/5th.  

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Massive for us to salvage something from it today. Three behind second but as you say, Killie are a big threat. Can’t remember when they last lost in the league? Maybe when we pumped them 3-0. Going to be an exciting end to the season.

Think we might fall a wee bit short in the end but at the start of the season i’d have been happy with 4th/5th.  

Just the two defeats to Aberdeen since then, one at Rugby Park in November and one at Pittodrie at the end of January.

Fingers crossed for a double next Saturday of Accies taking points off Killie and Aberdeen confirming that 4th will get Europe by beating Well in the cup.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Just the two defeats to Aberdeen since then, one at Rugby Park in November and one at Pittodrie at the end of January.

Fingers crossed for a double next Saturday of Accies taking points off Killie and Aberdeen confirming that 4th will get Europe by beating Well in the cup.

From a County perspective we'd prefer Hamilton to take null points from that, and a few more games, so that we could catch the serial trap-door-cheating bazzas.

A heap of Hibs fans left at the Royal Hotel bus stop for the 5:30 bus thanks to Stagecoach's banging service up here.

I'll take a point, was absolutely bricking it in the last few minutes when Hibs were shelling corners into the box. Big performances from Souttar, Fontaine, Draper, Mckay and Schalk.

County coped pretty comfortably with Hibs’ pressure in the first half. Hanlon’s header was about the only clear-cut chance they created. As the second half wore on, Hibs started to look increasingly dangerous and got the equaliser. 

I’d have taken a point beforehand so an excellent result. The difference between OC County and SK/SF County is staggering; a clear strategy, and motivated players.

Still in a difficult position but yet another “great escape” looks less impossible than it did 10 days ago.

Bet the old fart next to me who left three-quarters through the second half now feels stupid. Then again once he left the entire row to my right was empty... could've sworn I showered this morning..

Thought the old fella to my Dad's left was gonna have an aneurysm at a couple of points, red in the face and his head in his palm (especially the second half when we looked to have run out of ideas except HOOF!) 

Did have to laugh early in the second half as during County's first corner all I could hear around me was "That number 5 for County looks awfully like the Souttar boy fae Hearts" "I think it's his brother" "Is it?!"

We talk about how Efe strolls games. Big Harry strolled today because we allowed him. Dominated both Kamberi and Maclaren at times and easily the worst part of the second half was just us launching long ball after long ball and Harry easily out-jumping any attacker.

Here's hoping County push on from now and survive. Enjoyed both my trips up to Dingwall this season and it makes a change to the boring as f**k Aberdeen to Dundee (then Edinburgh) road (much more scenic)

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

A heap of Hibs fans left at the Royal Hotel bus stop for the 5:30 bus thanks to Stagecoach's banging service up here.

I'll take a point, was absolutely bricking it in the last few minutes when Hibs were shelling corners into the box. Big performances from Souttar, Fontaine, Draper, Mckay and Schalk.

Stagecoach really are the drizzling shits, and the b*****ds just put tickets up again. Some fucking cheek that.

Anyway, happy to take the point, obviously wouldn't have been perfect to hold out for the win but 1 point could end up being vital & Hibs are a good time.

On 04/04/2018 at 09:39, Austinho said:

This is exactly the type of weekend where the Jam Donuts will do us a favour vs Aberdeen, only for us to completely apple crumble up in Dingwall.

1-1 to the Village People.

Called it. 

With the exception of Hearts, I’m delighted we no longer have to face the cloggers at the bottom who set out to frustrate us, kick us, and steal a point with nothing but 1 shot on goal. Now we can tiki-taka our way to the top. 

I was utterly steaming yesterday. Was quite disappointed at the time but in honesty it was not a bad point considering. 3 points off 2nd with 5 to play is good going. Wee trip to Kazakhstan is looking likely.

Archived