Queen's Park v East Fife

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentally and defensively as soft as shite. We’re not good enough and it’s been evident for much of the season. Competitive, not disgracing ourselves, but not quite good enough for League One. Keena limping off and losing the goal straight away was the season in a snapshot.

Get Kevin Green out of that team, utterly hopeless today. Thought we were going to get the winner but as usual we've bottled it when it's mattered most, conceding yet another soft goal. Worrying that Keena limped off, however I thought Orr put in a good shift up front, doing particularly well for the first goal. Not expecting to beat Raith next week, so just got to hope that Albion continue to lose their remaining games. 

34 minutes ago, QPFCsince1867 said:

Totally agree about Green. Just hopelessly out of his depth at this level.

Might be more his level next season!!!:whistle

Our first win over Queens Park in what feels like 300 years. With that kind of form we can turn over Raith Rovers next season...

Nice to finally secure our safety and it’s looking like a 2 horse race to avoid the automatic relegation spot. Squeaky bum time indeed.

33 games in and Gus is still trying to get the shape of the team right. Aside of Green, no-one had a bad game but the overall play lacked cohesion and direction. Most of the players looked confused for the first 30 and no surprise for the two EF goals with effectively only two midfielders for us. Two very good goals for us from open play up the middle. Why we don't play that way more us beyond me. Another game full of cross balls from too deep that are easily defended. And taking McVey, a true Spider who was having a great game, out of play in a game where we are battling for survival to blood a sixteen year old rookie was madness. Shocking behaviour from MacPherson swearing at McVey as he walked off.

Donnelly and Orr were the surprise packages but they, and pretty much the rest of the squad, need to turn up with their best every game. Too many in this squad treat our club as some kind of staging post. Get Eddie in the dressing room next week for the pep talk.

Couldn't you Photoshop that to have a train coming out of the grate like it was a tunnel?

IMG_3307.jpg.ebf5d9cb94c3ad29c2957a93d4541e52.jpg

Edited to add;

CHOO FUCKIN' CHOO!!!

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Aside of Green, no-one had a bad game

I would give pass marks to Donnelly, Galt and Orr, the rest I thought were very poor today. I accept the conditions hampered our silky passing game, but one home win and a goal difference of -31 isn't bad luck, simply out of our depth defensively. I thought today might turn out a big banana skin so I predict a heroic battling performance against Raith next week to give us enough to extend our season by a few games.

3 hours ago, bobthespider said:

He came on and was terrible...... were you there ?

Yes, I was. Were you? He wasn’t in the team. Gerry McLauchlan was and came off injured. Green was on the bench and came on as a result of the injury.  Of course, we were already 1-0 down by the time he came on.

The simple fact is that the defence is collectively poor. It doesn’t really matter who is in there. Every single centre half has either not been good enough, had a poor season, not been ready for the first team, and generally injured at some point. The McGeever shaped crater has been obvious for everyone to see, but guys like that aren’t easily replaceable when you don’t pay a wage.

Archived