Thistle V Killie (07/04/18)

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

992 was decent, but in the 5 years since we’ve come back up, yesterday was the first time you’ve brought over 1000. Killie used to bring at least yesterday’s number every time to Firhill, and I’m just saying I’m surprised it’s taken this long to see that kind of crowd again.

Not trying to start some sort of crowd w**k, as our home gates have been pish for a while now and are getting worse this season. It’s just an observation. It was a good away crowd and the Main Stand looks much better when it’s busy like that.

Sare yin when your shite and getting relegated and killie outnumber the home support.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul Cicero said:

Sare yin when your shite and getting relegated and killie outnumber the home support.

1600 is not a higher number than 2600, Robbie.

No wonder you’re so shite at gambling if that’s your understanding of basic numbers. 

Just now, Nightmare said:

1600 is not a higher number than 2600, Robbie.

No wonder you’re so shite at gambling if that’s your understanding of basic numbers. 

1900 I heard mind you wouldn't want to argue with a prudent student.

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

992 was decent, but in the 5 years since we’ve come back up, yesterday was the first time you’ve brought over 1000. Killie used to bring at least yesterday’s number every time to Firhill, and I’m just saying I’m surprised it’s taken this long to see that kind of crowd again.

Not trying to start some sort of crowd w**k, as our home gates have been pish for a while now and are getting worse this season. It’s just an observation. It was a good away crowd and the Main Stand looks much better when it’s busy like that.

Thats a lie. We have had over a thousand several times since you came back up. The time we pumped you 4-1 we had over 1k

20 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Thats a lie. We have had over a thousand several times since you came back up. The time we pumped you 4-1 we had over 1k

You're right. I forgot about the 4-1 game (can you blame me?) and aye that was a good away support. Not as good as yesterday's, but probably over 1,000, yes.

I'm pretty sure none of the others were, though.

1 hour ago, Paul Cicero said:

Oh dear, even given a second chance he still doesn't understand that 1900 is less than 2600.....lol.  Cracking Killie support yesterday!

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

that was very, very good goalkeeping from Scully after the terrific Mubtumbu through ball, tbf. Great initial challenge and does just about enough to rush Boyd into an effort that can be cleared away. Good, brave play.

Cracking header too. Shite celebration though, the 3pts should be awarded to Thistle for that.

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

It’s been a while since we’ve a had a creepy, weirdo St Mirren fan stalking all our threads. It rarely ends well for them.

Worst thing is this guy should know know, seeing as he was the one doing it a few years ago before he embarrassed himself and decided to re-reg.

Can't fault the team for effort yesterday, the bottom line is we're just not very good. Apart from 3 chances in a 5 minute flurry at the start of the second half, all of which involved Erskine, we offered very little going forward. Once Killie had changed shape to counter that we were toothless. So much of the play ended up with Booth putting a cross in which would be cleared, or Elliott getting the ball and passing it backwards.

Can't really see how it'll turn round, it's not as if we're being unlucky. 5 points since the winter break since the injured players have come back. I really don't fancy a play off but it looks more likely than not we'll be spared that humiliation.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Can't fault the team for effort yesterday, the bottom line is we're just not very good. Apart from 3 chances in a 5 minute flurry at the start of the second half, all of which involved Erskine, we offered very little going forward. Once Killie had changed shape to counter that we were toothless. So much of the play ended up with Booth putting a cross in which would be cleared, or Elliott getting the ball and passing it backwards.

I think that is a good summary, as most of the threat came early n the 2nd half and Erskine was your best player over the 90 minutes.   He was the only one I felt could create something for you. 

We were very well organised, as is usually the case nowadays, and Broadfoot, who I would have chased in August /  September is the most consistent player in our team right now. 

Do you actually think 1900 is less than 1600?

IMG_1523274225.881311.jpg

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Having a crowd w**k when there were only 4,227 people at the game is a new one.

You forget Hamilton are in the division...

Archived