How many of the 42 clubs

Dindeleux

50 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Haven’t won a major trophy?

Assuming that we define "major trophies" as the Premiership title (and predecessors), the Scottish Cup and the League Cup, then there are 19 clubs who have never won one.  Of those clubs, 6 have won the Challenge Cup (in italics).

Premiership (1):

Hamilton Academical

Championship (2):

Brechin City
Queen of the South

League 1 (7):

Airdrieonians
Albion Rovers
Alloa Athletic
Arbroath
Ayr United
Forfar Athletic
Stranraer

League 2 (9):

Annan Athletic
Berwick Rangers
Cowdenbeath
Edinburgh City
Elgin City
Montrose
Peterhead
Stenhousemuir
Stirling Albion

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Assuming that we define "major trophies" as the Premiership title (and predecessors), the Scottish Cup and the League Cup, then there are 19 clubs who have never won one.  Of those clubs, 6 have won the Challenge Cup (in italics).

Premiership (1):

Hamilton Academical

Championship (2):

Brechin City
Queen of the South

League 1 (7):

Airdrieonians
Albion Rovers
Alloa Athletic
Arbroath
Ayr United
Forfar Athletic
Stranraer

League 2 (9):

Annan Athletic
Berwick Rangers
Cowdenbeath
Edinburgh City
Elgin City
Montrose
Peterhead
Stenhousemuir
Stirling Albion

So like I said, 20. Because Sevco, a new club, have never won the Premiership, League Cup or Scottish Cup.

As much as I hate both the cheeks, the sevco chat is shite.

They play in the same colours, in the same stadium, with the same name and the same fans.

They are Rangers.

Airdrie play in the same colours, same stadium, same name and the same fans.

Wouldn't say they're the same club m8.

If you include ANY League Championship, how many Clubs have actually won f**k all in their existence???

Eta I mean top tiers, not HL or EoS or similar!!!

9 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

As much as I hate both the cheeks, the sevco chat is shite.

They play in the same colours, in the same stadium, with the same name and the same fans.

They are Rangers.

A new club who are the successor of the club who died.

But still a new club. The Sevco 'chat' isn't shite, it's true and must be never be allowed to be forgotten.

I would probably still call them Airdrie tbh m8.

I'm sure you would, but that doesn't take away the fact that Airdrie liquidated, they died.

Just like their big cousin from Glasgow.

If you include ANY League Championship, how many Clubs have actually won f**k all in their existence???

Eta I mean top tiers, not HL or EoS or similar!!!

Having had a quick look only Annan, Edinburgh and Elgin haven't won one of the top four leagues. Arbroath were the last of the long term clubs to win their first title in 2010/11

Had another look and was astounded to see that Stenhousemuir have never won a title and only have been promoted twice. Makes the 95/96 challenge cup win all the more impressive

Having had a quick look only Annan, Edinburgh and Elgin haven't won one of the top four leagues. Arbroath were the last of the long term clubs to win their first title in 2010/11 

We’ve been up and down the leagues like a yo yo too, 2 in 6 years, spoilt. Since I’ve been watching us we’ve come close to winning leagues another 3/4 times on top of that too.

We threw the league away under Moore, we lost out to Berwick on the second last day in 2006, and we finished second in League 1 to that very good Cowdenbeath team the season after we won League 2 with Sheerin.

Archived