Arbroath v Raith

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another dreadful performance , another wasted journey , another waste of money. The team is good enough but is lacking any direction , leadership, tactics, desire, the hunger which I feel is frustrating a lot of the support.

Listened to Barry Smiths post match interview the main theme was how we aren’t defending set pieces / corners etc really! You have been saying that for the last 2 months and clearly it shows you have failed to address the situation or the players aren’t listening to you. Another issue that requires addressing is let’s have a shot on goal now and again it’s called entertainment

Secondly  we can’t afford to drop any points yet you throw on a forward with a minute to go ! We have practically sealed 2 nd spot in the league and nothing to lose yet you fail to have a right go and take a gamble but hey we are ok because we can still win the league your deluded Smith and so are our Board of Directors who think this idiot can get us promoted. 

8 hours ago, Housecaptain said:

As I have said before £10k  just f****** wasted.

Very harsh after the past few months he's had. I felt until late January Gav simply did not justify a place in the starting 11 and was not pulling his weight and therefore would have agreed with you. However, in the last few months his workrate/ committment seem to have upped massively and there have been a couple of games he has controlled and he is finally showing his worth. Assuming we make the play offs, he'll be a big player for us and have a big influence on if we go up or not.

Overall I'm pleased with our performance yesterday - I think overall a draw a fair result. The last few games we've played against Raith we've shown there isn't much between the two sides and we'd have nothing to fear going into the play offs in my opinion. A good, ground out point.

One frustration I felt yesterday though was our lack of wingers/ balls into the box/ running at full backs we did. Without Bobby Linn or Danny Denholm in the team, we seem to almost never put a cross into the box or attempt to take on and beat a full back. In a sense it is very surprising Denholm didn't get any game time yesterday, but you never know the fitness of players etc. for definite (it's safe to say we can completely ignore Dick/ Pink's comments on injuries :lol: ) and I think the next time we can truly judge our starting 11 will probably be in the play off games as in our next 3 we will try to give some rest to players/ manage niggling injuries etc. If we didn't play our best players in their best positions in the play off games it would obviously be ridiculous....

Having watched Dick's post match interview, I completely agree with him again on his comments regarding us being where we should be. We are not over achieving. We are not having some sort of wonder season. We are performing at the level we should be doing with the players we have and such is the belief I have in our current squad at this level if anything I'd say we should have had a few more points on the board at this point.

Can’t be bothered watching the full highlights but skipped to Buchanan’s miss. Kind of sums up his season. 13 goals really not enough from someone who played 3/4 of the season up front for a team who challenged for the title.

Very harsh after the past few months he's had. I felt until late January Gav simply did not justify a place in the starting 11 and was not pulling his weight and therefore would have agreed with you. However, in the last few months his workrate/ committment seem to have upped massively and there have been a couple of games he has controlled and he is finally showing his worth. Assuming we make the play offs, he'll be a big player for us and have a big influence on if we go up or not.
Overall I'm pleased with our performance yesterday - I think overall a draw a fair result. The last few games we've played against Raith we've shown there isn't much between the two sides and we'd have nothing to fear going into the play offs in my opinion. A good, ground out point.
One frustration I felt yesterday though was our lack of wingers/ balls into the box/ running at full backs we did. Without Bobby Linn or Danny Denholm in the team, we seem to almost never put a cross into the box or attempt to take on and beat a full back. In a sense it is very surprising Denholm didn't get any game time yesterday, but you never know the fitness of players etc. for definite (it's safe to say we can completely ignore Dick/ Pink's comments on injuries :lol: ) and I think the next time we can truly judge our starting 11 will probably be in the play off games as in our next 3 we will try to give some rest to players/ manage niggling injuries etc. If we didn't play our best players in their best positions in the play off games it would obviously be ridiculous....
Having watched Dick's post match interview, I completely agree with him again on his comments regarding us being where we should be. We are not over achieving. We are not having some sort of wonder season. We are performing at the level we should be doing with the players we have and such is the belief I have in our current squad at this level if anything I'd say we should have had a few more points on the board at this point.

Totally agree about Gav. Iv spoke in great length to you about this on many an away trip.

Did anyone see Pink in the dugout? I know he was out at the Masters in Augusta on Wednesday and wasn’t sure if he would make it back

That will explain big Rab, in the dugout, roaring like a bull for 90 minutes, the Masters, hark at him [emoji6]

After watching the highlights feel like we should’ve won it, the Swankie miss, the indirect FK and Skelly being incredibly unlucky that his effort smashed Smith in the face.

Buchanan actually hit that wide too by the way if it makes the Rovers fans feel any better, was right behind it. [emoji6]

Buchanan actually hit that wide too by the way if it makes the Rovers fans feel any better, was right behind it. [emoji6]

It comes as no surprise to any Rovers fan that not only did Buchanan fail to keep it down, he also managed to hit it wide as well.

Some quite incredible refereeing decisions given against us there. Buchanan gets absolutely bulldozed through the back of in the box, the corner from which Arbroath score quite obviously should be a goal kick and the pass back decision is just downright bizarre.

Some quite incredible refereeing decisions given against us there. Buchanan gets absolutely bulldozed through the back of in the box, the corner from which Arbroath score quite obviously should be a goal kick and the pass back decision is just downright bizarre.

Buchanan bulldozed through the back of? When?? [emoji23]

I don’t see how you can argue the pass back.

Couldn’t comment on the corner but Smith tried to keep it in.

You can’t see it very well on there, but David Gold was just ready to nod in a cross in the first half, and Thomson leans in to him whilst he was in the air and gives him no chance of scoring. That was more of a penalty than Buchanan’s theatrics.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I feel like I've just been scolded by Ralph Wiggum.

And have you heard Ralph Wiggum say anything as inane as standing in the right direction to see a football pitch?  Stick to the cartoon tho, its just about your level.

Archived