Arbroath v Raith

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Why don't we give managers a one year deal with the option for a second year if they hit targets etc.

Our board never learns from these mistakes.

The title was gone before today but today reaffirmed that we do not look in any way better than the teams we will be facing in the playoffs.

I'm not entirely sure what benefits full time football is supposed to give us, but I'm fairly sure belting the ball as hard and high as possible isn't one.

I had no doubt at the time that it was a corner, and this proves it.   About the only decision the Referee got right all afternoon.

5ac8fc890f9a5_Corner2.thumb.jpg.881aadfe2e80ad4e93023905341331f8.jpg

Aye I hear the EPL will be on the phone about taking over their goal line technology for next season, right enough.

Another 90 mins of utterly inept clueless shite!

No the title wasn't lost today and nor was it lost since January.

I fear it was lost when Barry Smith was given the job.

His signing policy - ABJECT FAILURE

His game tactics - FAILURE

His ability to adapt - NON EXISTANT

Barry Smith??? We'd be as well cutting him and Cuthbert loose now and hand the lot over to Easton and Robertson for next years tilt at promotion.

Am I conceding promotion? Yes I think I am, because truth be told it's been a massive papering over of the cracks. In reality we have been either average or plain shite for the majority of the season (what does that say about the rest?). Even when we hammered East Fife and Queens Park there were folk saying "OK we perhaps deserved to win but 5-0?"

Haven't felt this depressed and utterly sick since last season at this time. 

Supporting RRFC is not good for your health these days.

We are utter shite, but the stand side linesman didn’t know if he needed a shite or a haircut. Was never a corner for the equaliser. Second half was brutal but still created a couple of chance that we really should have buried. 
Play-offs it is. Graeme Smith to send us up by saving penalties. Magic.

That was Tom Phillips laddie.
[emoji1]

I don't get the fascination with Easton. What has he done to prove he's good enough for the job?

He’s done well with the 20s squad and that’s all. You can only judge him on what he’s done and he’s achieved more than enough at that level. He also benefits from being “the other guy”. Just like when a player is injured for a long time their stock goes up in the eyes of the fans, the same is being done here. Football supporters are very set on “something else” being a better option when things aren’t going well.

I have no idea if Craig Easton would be a good option for us. What I do know is the players all love Barry. As much as many of us think binning Smith would serve us best for the play offs, any more morale being sapped from the players at this stage could be disastrous.

He’s done well with the 20s squad and that’s all. You can only judge him on what he’s done and he’s achieved more than enough at that level. He also benefits from being “the other guy”. Just like when a player is injured for a long time their stock goes up in the eyes of the fans, the same is being done here. Football supporters are very set on “something else” being a better option when things aren’t going well.

I have no idea if Craig Easton would be a good option for us. What I do know is the players all love Barry. As much as many of us think binning Smith would serve us best for the play offs, any more morale being sapped from the players at this stage could be disastrous.

You need Dick Campbell, but why would he go to you?

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I would hate to see it if they hated Barry they have been shocking most off the season. 

I had no doubt at the time that it was a corner, and this proves it.   About the only decision the Referee got right all afternoon.
5ac8fc890f9a5_Corner2.thumb.jpg.881aadfe2e80ad4e93023905341331f8.jpg

This is a joke right?

The claims that it wasn’t a corner were to do with who headed it out, not if the ball was out

That was infuriating this afternoon. It took 25 minutes of the second half before we managed a concerted attacking effort.

We've gone on about it again and again this season, but what's the plan? Wait for the referee to give a penalty and then drop deep for the remainder of the game?

Part-time sides should have to have everything go their way to get a result against a full-time side. It should be an upset. But not with this Rovers side.

With the budget and the playing squad we started the season with, we should've looked like a Championship team playing Cup games against lesser sides, but it hasn't happened.

Davidson looks like a Championship player, as does Robertson. Vaughan has at times, and he's been badly utilised at others. Beyond that? Are there many players in that line up, on current form, that the Arbroath fans would want?

We're absolutely where we deserve to be. But it could've been so different.

Archived