Pars v Livi

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched it right behind the goals. It was a definite penalty. Hardie was brought down just inside the box. No surprise that Finnie got that one wrong too.
We'd probably have missed it. We did every other shot we had on goal. :rolleyes:

Funny, the ball boy in front of your stand said it was a definite penalty too. He'll reconsider when he sees footage from a better angle tonight. Great to get a result after the demoralisation of finding Finnie in charge. He is bereft of common sense decision making.

27 minutes ago, orco said:

And you saw this from where exactly?

From your highlights, can't argue with what's on film, even then it's incredibly debatable as to whether or not it's a foul. 

Despite the weather being baltic, it was a pretty good game to watch.

This was a game that typically Dunfermline would have let slip but to come out with maximum points in our last two games is marvellous!

Livvy are a solid unit and you can tell why they are where they are in the league table today, they controlled most of the game however didn't really threaten Robinson as much as they would've liked, helped that we had arguably our best defensive display of the season, which is remarkable considering the pitch conditions.

Livingston will be disappointed not to take anything away from the game but they should not be too disheartened as in that performance I see no reason why they wouldn't safely get into the playoffs.

As for Pars, Falkirk away for me is another must win. I'm really banking on Morton dropping points on Saturday and therefore a win puts it firmly in our hands.

With Higginbotham, Aird, Craigan all played for Falkirk, they'll have points to prove so imagine there will be a bit of needle but with a large support and players keeping their head we can win.

Then Brechin and Dumbarton at homes you have to expect to win, we might be in a position where the Inverness game we could afford to drop points.

EDIT to add, getting into the playoffs very achievable but like Livvy with us, we can't win against Dundee Utd so fear they would kick us out with ease.

Was going to say the same. He did. Although that looked more in hope than expectation. I half expected it to be given - Finnie was quite far away at the time and had a shocker - but I still don't think it was a penalty. Certainly it wasn't a "stonewaller" as Hopkin claimed.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

From your highlights, can't argue with what's on film, even then it's incredibly debatable as to whether or not it's a foul. 

Sitting directly behind the goal where most of the Livi fans were, trumps highlights taken from behind the incident. Believe me if that had been a Pars player at your end you'd have been raging.

Couple that with the Cardle penalty in our first game and the sending off for the foul on Ryan in the other game at Almondvale where he recovered rapidly from what seemed at the time to be a life threatening injury and you've done not too badly from the officials in our games this season.

No problem with the first game at EEP where you hammered us fair and square.

In the Cardle 1-1 game Higgy was pushed in the back six yards out.  Stonewaller not given.

Also you lot have previous for this claiming that in the 0-0 the red card wasn't a red then backtracking. 

I reckon in all four games Livvy got away with fifty or so pushes, barges and niggly borderline stuff. A very physical side, it's all part of the game but let's not look at the truth with rose tinted glasses it effected all the games apart from the 3-1.

Gavin Reilly does it at Saint Mirren also, jumping into the man as does McManus for us. Your entire side does it constantly.

12 minutes ago, orco said:

Sitting directly behind the goal where most of the Livi fans were, trumps highlights taken from behind the incident. Believe me if that had been a Pars player at your end you'd have been raging.

Couple that with the Cardle penalty in our first game and the sending off for the foul on Ryan in the other game at Almondvale where he recovered rapidly from what seemed at the time to be a life threatening injury and you've done not too badly from the officials in our games this season.

No problem with the first game at EEP where you hammered us fair and square.

1)No,it really doesn't, your highlights are from the side on and you can clearly see it happening outside the box, that trumps the Livingston view. I don't believe you due to the fact you're talking absolute pish, I would've claimed for it, however after seing the highlights I would've realised I was wrong. 

2)The Cardle penalty wasn't a penalty (although it was certainly more of a penalty than the non decision last night) it did come after a stonewaller that wasn't given though, however it was an absolute stick on red card, easy decision for the referee from a shocking challenge.  

We've not really profited all that much against Livingston, a benefit of the doubt decision which followed an absolutely shocking one. 

Big win for the Pars last night. It wasn't a vintage performance, but I'll take it. 

Livi started OK and then we scored out of the blue with our first shot. Robinson made a couple of good blocks in the first half but we weren't overly troubled, IMO. 

In the second half and it got far more open. Livi had a couple of close shaves while we created 3 or 4 good opportunities on the counterattack. 

Alexander made a terrific triple save at one point and that really gave Livingston hope. 

I felt we were seeing the game out OK until the penalty claim. My initial thoughts were penalty and I was surprised Finnie didn't give it. I can see why Hopkin was raging. 

I've got the thoughts of Hopkin on the penalty incident, alongside AJ's post-match thoughts as well as a match report up now on my website. The article can be viewed, here.

Livi are a decent team and will make it hard for whoever they face in the playoffs. We've given ourselves hope and we may not have seen the last of the Lions this season, just yet. 

All the Best to Livingston for the remainder of the campaign. :thumsup2

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

1)No,it really doesn't, your highlights are from the side on and you can clearly see it happening outside the box, that trumps the Livingston view. I don't believe you due to the fact you're talking absolute pish, I would've claimed for it, however after seing the highlights I would've realised I was wrong. 

2)The Cardle penalty wasn't a penalty (although it was certainly more of a penalty than the non decision last night) it did come after a stonewaller that wasn't given though, however it was an absolute stick on red card, easy decision for the referee from a shocking challenge.  

We've not really profited all that much against Livingston, a benefit of the doubt decision which followed an absolutely shocking one. 

Cardle more of a penalty? Are you for real? It was a blatant dive. Have a word with yourself will you. Not got a clue 

33 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Cardle more of a penalty? Are you for real? It was a blatant dive. Have a word with yourself will you. Not got a clue 

It was a blatant dive, however at least it was in the area of the pitch  where penalties are actually given. You've got mentalists, including your manager getting annoyed that a non foul outside the box wasn't given as a penalty, absolute mentalists. 

Can't tell if you actually believe all of this or if you're a wind up merchant.

No penalty, probably one of the few decisions Finnie actually got right.  His linesman on stand side also had a great view of the incident, and was mic’d up, so if he’d seen something, then it would have been given.

Hopkins rant afterwards was bizarre, as are much of his comments post the match.    But then suppose that’s the risk of interviewing managers right after a game when emotions are high.  It’s always easier to blame referees, but maybe he should look closer at the chances (or lack of) that his team created.  

The thing is, you know what you’re going to get with Livingston, nothing wrong with that but AJ has their number.  Yesterday’s game was all about effort v effort and quality out the window.  We had the better chances and showed more quality on the night.

livingston should be proud of their efforts this season, and I don’t mind their style to be honest, it suits them and their players, but was expecting more of a plan B when it became clear that Ashcroft and Morris were comfortably dealing with what was thrown at them.   In the playoffs I expect Livingston to just fall short.  Will be interesting to see what Hopkin does next season and how he looks to progress.

Archived