Pars v Livi

10 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Keep the same starting 11 and we'll go from there.

Armstrong for Higgy. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Vincent is back fit I'd be tempted to bring him in for Higginbotham, with Craigan moving to one wing and Aird on the other. We need a bit of dig in the middle. Having said that I'd be happy enough with the same starting XI if we play as well as we did in the first hour or so on Saturday.

Same line-up for me, Aird was excellent and deserves to keep his place. Higgy had a poor game however noticed on Saturday  he seems to have quite a bond with Aird so it might be beneficial for us letting them play together in the same side.

Fully expecting to beat Livingston despite their form at the moment, more nervous about the Falkirk away game.

If we have any desire to reach the playoffs, can't afford to drop any home points.

Livingston absolutely battered us first game of the season, was criminal how we got away with a point from that but we've held our own and been the better team in the other games, looking forward to it.

2-0 Pars.

Another tough match in a mammoth week for the Pars. 

Three points vs QoS have set us up nicely for tomorrow and I'd say 4 points (taking us to 50 points overall) from this match and Falkirk on Saturday will put us in a good position for the remaining 3 matches. 

I think we've shown we can compete with Livi this season. We've battled to two 0-0 draws at The Tony Macaroni Arena and we won the last time we met at EEP. A similar result on Tuesday would go down just nicely. 

It won't be easy though as has been shown all campaign by Livingston so it will be intriguing to see how the game pans out. 

I would expect Dunfermline to be unchanged from Saturday unless James Vincent or Joe Cardle return from injury. If either do, it'll likely be Dean Shiels who misses out. 

A tight game I suspect with both sides knowing how vital 3 points are. I'm saying 2-1 to the hosts; Clark to continue his good run with McManus scoring the winner. Hardie to equalise for the visitors in front of a strong away support. 

COYP! :thumsup2

Dunfermline , without doubt , are the best team we've played this season , they humped us early doors , and the other three games have been tight , this should be a great game !

In Byrne and Hardie, Livingston have two players who simply never seem to play well against us, hopefully that continues and we can get a win. 

Declan Gallagher is probably the best defender I've seen against us though, swings and roundabouts. 

58 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Declan Gallagher is probably the best defender I've seen against us though, swings and roundabouts. 

Interesting you think that, given most Livi supporters would have Lithgow and Halkett ahead of him in terms of performance this season. Not saying your opinion  is false, just unusual to hear given Halkett is winning plaudits from all over and Lithgow has underwent a ridiculous transformation in the past 10 months or so.

I would happily take a draw here given the trouble Dunfermline have caused us in the past two meetings - if we were to get a win tomorrow night though, I can't help but feel that would give a big mental boost to the squad going into any play-off campaign. The first half at the last meeting at EEP was our worst performance all season, didn't get close to them at all. Hopefully Hopkin has learned from that and gives the team a bit more balance out wide, otherwise we'll be in trouble.

That, and not scoring ridiculous goals to set the other team on their way.

Three points vs QoS have set us up nicely for tomorrow and I'd say 4 points (taking us to 50 points overall) from this match and Falkirk on Saturday will put us in a good position for the remaining 3 matches. 
I think we've shown we can compete with Livi this season. We've battled to two 0-0 draws at The Tony Macaroni Arena and we won the last time we met at EEP. A similar result on Tuesday would go down just nicely. 
It won't be easy though as has been shown all campaign by Livingston so it will be intriguing to see how the game pans out. 
I would expect Dunfermline to be unchanged from Saturday unless James Vincent or Joe Cardle return from injury. If either do, it'll likely be Dean Shiels who misses out. 
A tight game I suspect with both sides knowing how vital 3 points are. I'm saying 2-1 to the hosts; Clark to continue his good run with McManus scoring the winner. Hardie to equalise for the visitors in front of a strong away support. 
First game finished 1-1 (Cardle "won" a penalty then Livi missed one of their own to go 2-1 up) but other than that (and the bit about the strong away support - no offence to Livi but even for a Saturday game I wouldn't expect that) a fair assessment.

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

First game finished 1-1 (Cardle "won" a penalty then Livi missed one of their own to go 2-1 up) but other than that (and the bit about the strong away support - no offence to Livi but even for a Saturday game I wouldn't expect that) a fair assessment.

Well spotted! I honestly thought it was 0-0 but now you have mentioned it I remember now :lol:

I think Livi might bring a decent amount through, even though its a Tuesday night. With the schools on holiday, Livingston doing well and EEP not too far a journey, I think they may bring a decent following through with them. 

Just now, Afro said:

Interesting you think that, given most Livi supporters would have Lithgow and Halkett ahead of him in terms of performance this season. Not saying your opinion  is false, just unusual to hear given Halkett is winning plaudits from all over and Lithgow has underwent a ridiculous transformation in the past 10 months or so.

I would happily take a draw here given the trouble Dunfermline have caused us in the past two meetings - if we were to get a win tomorrow night though, I can't help but feel that would give a big mental boost to the squad going into any play-off campaign. The first half at the last meeting at EEP was our worst performance all season, didn't get close to them at all. Hopefully Hopkin has learned from that and gives the team a bit more balance out wide, otherwise we'll be in trouble.

That, and not scoring ridiculous goals to set the other team on their way.

Prob cause Aird was running riot till Gallagher came on at the start of the 2nd half in our last away game, but it was a combination of Mullin being left for dead against him and big Toddy giving acres of room for him to get shots off, so Gallagher stopped that when he took Toddy's place and McMillan also helped replacing Mullin.

I actually think Dec has looked a lot better since January and is getting back to his best again, much more like the player from a couple of seasons ago. 

The whole team is just starting to pick up momentum after some stop start winter months when we had so many postponed games, fancy us to finally get a win against the Pars (provided Hoppy doesn't feck about leaving Halkett & Lithgow on the bench till the 2nd half).

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Dunfermline , without doubt , are the best team we've played this season , they humped us early doors , and the other three games have been tight , this should be a great game !

Laughs out loud 

Just now, dafcburty said:

Well spotted! I honestly thought it was 0-0 but now you have mentioned it I remember now :lol:

I think Livi might bring a decent amount through, even though its a Tuesday night. With the schools on holiday, Livingston doing well and EEP not too far a journey, I think they may bring a decent following through with them. 

Without wanting this to turn into a Falkirk type of a crowd w**k thread, I suppose it is relative to opinions on decent, decent for us would be 200 and odd, which is about a quarter of our support. As long as our players are up for it though then i'm not too bothered how many of us turn up.

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:29, pozbaird said:

Aye. Shitting it that we’ll lose to a poor man’s Gretna.

Are you the fat potato heads who leads your drumming section? I bet you are.

Pars picking up on form but still bothers me slightly all the goals have come from one man.

McManus really needs to find the net as well and hopefully tomorrow night.

Archived