Pars v Livi

No thread for this yet?

Massive game for us again, up against an impressive Livi side who are on a really good unbeaten run at the minute. We’ve definitely improved over the last few weeks but this would be a big step in the right direction, especially if we’re to make the play-offs, which Livi are destined to be involved in.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunfermline the only side we’ve yet to beat this season, and we come up against them when they have hit a bit of form again so won’t be easy. 

Although we’ve now gone 11 without defeat and confidence is booming right now, especially our front two of Hardie and Miller both on the scoresheet again yesterday. 

Hoppy likes to change it up when we have 3 games in a week so can see 1 or 2 changes for this, although the spine of our side will likely remain the same, Alexander, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Pittman, Byrne, Miller and Hardie all likely to start. 

Maybe see McMillan playing RB and Cadden LB resting Longridge and De Vita ? And possibly seeing Frizzell or Robinson start in the middle ? 

The only game we’ve played well in against Dunfermline was the first game of the season, since then the other two games Dunfermline have been well on top so we will really need to be at it. 

Think if we can get 4 points from the next two game that’ll almost be enough to get 2nd place secured. 

Byrne going off injured had an impact on the last game, even more so than Thompson's red card,  and Hoppy's team selection did for us in the away game, hopefully he wont repeat that and start with the same line up as yesterday, keeping Halkett and Lithgow on the bench till the start of the 2nd half, I think i'll have to take some tranquilisers if he does.

Going by the pattern of the Pars current run, they're heading for a draw here, which wouldn't be a bad result for us, it would put us 9 clear of Morton having played the same amount of games, and keep our undefeated run going, would be good to finally get a win over them though.

28 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Hoppy likes to change it up when we have 3 games in a week so can see 1 or 2 changes for this

Being forced into a 4-4-2 yesterday probably means we can go into this full strength, assuming we don't have any injuries or suspensions that I'm missing.

I'd be tempted to give Buchanan a chance despite having our usual 3 available, he's done well any time I've seen him and sounds like he's strolled it when I haven't been able to watch, harsh to drop anyone but also seems harsh not to give him more chances. Not sure Frizzell would come straight into the side, though I don't know how good he is or where he's best played. Think I'd go with something like:

Miller   Hardie
Longridge   Pittman   Byrne   Jacobs   De Vita
Buchanan   Halkett   Gallagher
Alexander

Maybe have McMillan on the right rather than Raffa so we can be a bit more defensive if we need to be. Not too confident for this tbh despite the run we're on, watching our John Hughes side get pumped through at EEP has destroyed any chance of me being confident against Dunfermline again, and with them chasing a play off spot after effectively ending Queens' chances they should be right up for it. Should be a good game, gutted I can't make it. Fucking typical how after sitting through pumpings and shite in our last few seasons in this league that I've been unable to get to many away games when we've actually got a decent side :lol:

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Pars 9 Multi-administration, rent-dodging, multi-incarnation, 3rd place and a League Cup win funded  by Carol Vorderman’s Ocean Finance FC 0.

Easy the Pars.

You really are genuinely scared you'll f**k the title up aren't you?

Just now, pozbaird said:

Aye. Shitting it that we’ll lose to a poor man’s Gretna.

:D:D:D There's no title race, we were never in one. We could've if things went our way a few weeks ago but the only people you have to be bitter towards are Dundee Utd :D 

I just worry that Hoppy has kept Gallagher and Byrne on the bench till the start of the 2nd half when they had been out suspended, and that he'll do the same again with Halkett and Lithgow.

If Buchanan was getting a start i'd rather it was for Gallagher than Lithgow, not only has Lithgow been outstanding in defence, he's a real threat taking long throw ins. But more likely Gallagher would be put in midfield if Buchanan was starting, so all 4 CB's would play, that's what Hoppy has done so far anyway. Hopefully though, although harsh on Buchanan, we'll just stick with our best 3-5-2 starting XI, and keep to the usual back 3 of Lithgow-Halkett-Gallagher.

Based on their remaining fixtures, I think Dunfermline will make the playoffs. A win here would make a statement and give a big confidence boost to the team ahead of those. 

We should definitely go back to the usual 3 centre backs. This is a far better opposition we are up against and familiarity will be key. 

Cautiously optimistic, I do not think we will lose. This thread will go 20 pages regardless of the outcome.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

:D:D:D There's no title race, we were never in one. We could've if things went our way a few weeks ago but the only people you have to be bitter towards are Dundee Utd :D 

You horsed us and you're unbeaten in 11 , how could things have "gone your way" a few weeks ago ,  that would have let you anywhere near us ? Asking for a friend !

1 minute ago, billyg said:

You horsed us and you're unbeaten in 11 , how could things have "gone your way" a few weeks ago ,  that would have let you anywhere near us ? Asking for a friend !

Gone our way as in you guys losing 2 or 3 games :D The title's been yours for weeks

Just now, billyg said:

We've drawn too many games to have put in a challenge, still can't complain, 2nd place is outstanding for us and we're delighted with our season. Hoppy has even stopped saying we just want to get enough points to stay up and is now saying we just want to get enough points to get 4th place and be in the play offs, he's some guy.:lol:

Fully expect the pars to continue their unbeaten run against us this season ...last time we played Buchanan and the usual 3 at the back was in the cup at home against the Bairns and we were beaten .This games to important to experiment with really hope he doesn’t play Gallagher in midfield just to accommodate Buchanan .Hopefully Jacobs will start along with pitman ,not really fussed about Byrne as I don’t think he’s been that great against the pars this season ,would rather Robinson played he’s more of a goal threat also . Probably the best squad of player Livi have had in years so who knows what team Hopkins will play as long as it’s attack minded we’le escape with a draw ...mon the Lions 

24 minutes ago, snorkie said:

last time we played Buchanan and the usual 3 at the back was in the cup at home against the Bairns and we were beaten

Pretty sure we've done it 3 other times since then, a 2-0 win against Dumbarton and draws against Falkirk (0-0) and QoS (3-3).

We need to play our game and don't get sucked into a kick and rush physical battle. Livvy are good in midfield and hoping Vincent is back for this. Like the Livvy posters a bit of a selection headache for us. 

Hopefully we play like we did yesterday from 10-60 mins as we were excellent.

40 minutes ago, snorkie said:

Fully expect the pars to continue their unbeaten run against us this season ...last time we played Buchanan and the usual 3 at the back was in the cup at home against the Bairns and we were beaten .This games to important to experiment with really hope he doesn’t play Gallagher in midfield just to accommodate Buchanan .Hopefully Jacobs will start along with pitman ,not really fussed about Byrne as I don’t think he’s been that great against the pars this season ,would rather Robinson played he’s more of a goal threat also . Probably the best squad of player Livi have had in years so who knows what team Hopkins will play as long as it’s attack minded we’le escape with a draw ...mon the Lions 

Gallacher should be in defence and byrne should be in midfield. Byrne will play if he is fit and rightly so he’s been a stand out all season. I would like to see Keags come back into side to 

Being forced into a 4-4-2 yesterday probably means we can go into this full strength, assuming we don't have any injuries or suspensions that I'm missing.
I'd be tempted to give Buchanan a chance despite having our usual 3 available, he's done well any time I've seen him and sounds like he's strolled it when I haven't been able to watch, harsh to drop anyone but also seems harsh not to give him more chances. Not sure Frizzell would come straight into the side, though I don't know how good he is or where he's best played. Think I'd go with something like:

Miller   Hardie
Longridge   Pittman   Byrne   Jacobs   De Vita
Buchanan   Halkett   Gallagher
Alexander

Maybe have McMillan on the right rather than Raffa so we can be a bit more defensive if we need to be. Not too confident for this tbh despite the run we're on, watching our John Hughes side get pumped through at EEP has destroyed any chance of me being confident against Dunfermline again, and with them chasing a play off spot after effectively ending Queens' chances they should be right up for it. Should be a good game, gutted I can't make it. Fucking typical how after sitting through pumpings and shite in our last few seasons in this league that I've been unable to get to many away games when we've actually got a decent side [emoji38]
Presume De Vita injury that forced him to come off yesterday is not serious then and he will be available?
Dumbarton keeper was awful yesterday, gifted you the 3 goals

Archived