Airdrie vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

First time at coatbridge a couple of weeks ago. First time at airdrie this week.

Lanarkshire in the dark was a pretty edgy experience. What will the daylight add?

It will look like Killie with even uglier inhabitants.

Buzzing for this already. Airdrie obviously one of the better supported sides in the league but hopefully we’ll manage to at least match their support. Huge weekend this one.

Ruddy

Reid
Bell
Rose
Boyle

McDaid
Geggan
Kerr
Crawford

Shankland
Moore

Booked up on the supporters bus for this one - must be at least 10 years since the last time! Good idea having the buses leave from Somerset and the Hospitality Suite open from 10 [emoji106][emoji481]

Just an inkling but will McGuffie get a start this time? He's been effective as a sub so maybe not -  just feel he's running into a bit of form and could be a match winner.  

11 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Just an inkling but will McGuffie get a start this time? He's been effective as a sub so maybe not -  just feel he's running into a bit of form and could be a match winner.  

Nah, McCall is talking a very clear points > everything else stance now.  

I can't see him changing something that's working from him, especially since when he has started it hasn't worked at all so far this season.  

Yeah he's been crucial in recent weeks - but the impact sub role is an important one.

I'm just worried about the lack of moff on Saturday.

Yeah he's been crucial in recent weeks - but the impact sub role is an important one.

I'm just worried about the lack of moff on Saturday.

I’d be tempted to play Forrest in behind Shankland on Saturday.

Playing Moore means that Shankland needs to link the midfield and attack. If Forrest plays he can do this and allow Shankland to lead the line.

Would be incredibly harsh on Moore so can’t see McCall doing this.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Playing Moore means that Shankland needs to link the midfield and attack. If Forrest plays he can do this and allow Shankland to lead the line.

Absolutely this.

24 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

You are spot on here but I think the purpose of Moore and Shankland playing last week was to get them a bit more game time together ahead of this one.  

Is it just me that thinks moffat probably our most important player ?

No you’re not and he definitely is.

Shankland grabs all the headlines but I don’t think I’ve seen us play well when Moffat isn’t on the park.

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Agree totally, Everything goes through Moff and Shanks is much more effective with him. POTY  for me despite my hipster ways.

When you think about it, it's utterly mental that people are worried about having to play a 28 goal and a 25 goal striker together as a partnership. Especially as both are popular players

40 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

And you don't want to play both of them for fear of them getting injured from dirty Airdrie players, when the week after there's a good chance they'll be kicked by dirty Stranraer players, if their last visit is anything to go by.

Not just you. Especially considering the style of football we play - it suits him / he suits it perfectly.

It's strange looking back at the old AUTV videos of his early days here under Reid - doesnt even seem like the same player. He was more like Moore then, playing on the shoulder looking for balls in behind / over the top.

Not just you. Especially considering the style of football we play - it suits him / he suits it perfectly.

It's strange looking back at the old AUTV videos of his early days here under Reid - doesnt even seem like the same player. He was more like Moore then, playing on the shoulder looking for balls in behind / over the top.

He’s lost a bit of pace since then. Still quick in short bursts but I don’t know if he could make those runs for a full 90 minutes these days.

Seemed to be a lot more clinical in those days. Or am I just forgetting all the chances he missed?

He’s lost a bit of pace since then. Still quick in short bursts but I don’t know if he could make those runs for a full 90 minutes these days.

Seemed to be a lot more clinical in those days. Or am I just forgetting all the chances he missed?

Nah I agree back then his finishing seemed to be a lot more deadly. Maybe just the memory playing tricks but i'm sure I remember thinking if he had half a chance it was going in.

Yeah he's lost the pace, happens to them all. Fortunately he has turned into a really intelligent player though - link up play is superb. He maybe always had it, but the fact he had pace and that Reid played a much more direct style meant it never showed.

As someone touched on above, I can see Forrest potentially turning into that style of link up man / second striker. However my pals that I go to games with totally disagree, so who knows hahA

Edit - just realised it was you that suggested Forrest in that role for Sat!

Archived