Airdrie vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/04/2018 at 18:09, Airdrie1977 said:

Last time Ayr were up there was a bus full of hideous, misshapen creatures who verbally abused pre-teen kids playing football - shouting, swearing, making w@nker gestures (I kid you not - at 8-10 year olds) - it was the most ill-judged carry on I've seen at a football match ever.

Absolute scum.

And again today.     One particular busload of mutants had to go abusing primary school age kids and threatening 2 middle aged dads.

What an embarrassing shower of fukcing shite.

Thought Airdrie were excellent the majority of 1st half and we were lucky to go in at 1-1. Even in 2nd half when things became more even I thought we looked very vulnerable at the back every time Airdrie came forward.

Funny how people see games differently, I thought Moore was pretty poor (don't think he won a header until well into the game), along with Reid and Geggan although Moore was better in 2nd half.

Thought Airdrie were excellent the majority of 1st half and we were lucky to go in at 1-1. Even in 2nd half when things became more even I thought we looked very vulnerable at the back every time Airdrie came forward.

Funny how people see games differently, I thought Moore was pretty poor (don't think he won a header until well into the game), along with Reid and Geggan although Moore was better in 2nd half.

I've been really critical of Moore and I was again in the first half, but he was very good in the second.

Adams and Kerr were both very good, and got better as the game went on. Airdrie deserved their early lead but we got back into it.

The second half was like basketball at times. Airdrie seemed to cut us open regularly - but we were that not sharper. The most impressive thing for me is the vibe the team have just now. Those goals were coming, and like in previous weeks - you just knew we were getting it done. There's a force about us just now - without playing particularly well.

Tense as f**k but I'm pretty relaxed now. We're actually going to win this.

I've been really critical of Moore and I was again in the first half, but he was very good in the second.

Adams and Kerr were both very good, and got better as the game went on. Airdrie deserved their early lead but we got back into it.

The second half was like basketball at times. Airdrie seemed to cut us open regularly - but we were that not sharper. The most impressive thing for me is the vibe the team have just now. Those goals were coming, and like in previous weeks - you just knew we were getting it done. There's a force about us just now - without playing particularly well.

Tense as f**k but I'm pretty relaxed now. We're actually going to win this.

Yeah you can't fault the desire and togetherness of the team.

Suppose I'm probably being too much of an idealist wanting to have a brilliant performances all the way to the title but would take a struggle for 3 points than no getting them at all. Hopefully we can hold on and win the League!

Also Stevie Bell loves the Ayr [emoji7]. He's signed up until end of next season isn't he?

I,ll give you were shite away from home,that is a fact and actually Davidson is our best player so your not getting that one.
Ayr will struggle against Airdrie.Fact or hope?Well, only us an East Fife have beaten them at home but its still more hope
Enjoy the game [emoji14]

I thoroughly enjoyed the game today.

Did you enjoy yours?

1 hour ago, Airdrie1977 said:

And again today.     One particular busload of mutants had to go abusing primary school age kids and threatening 2 middle aged dads.

What an embarrassing shower of fukcing shite.

everyone a winner tho

1 hour ago, ShortSideCity said:

Moore was immense in 2nd half up against big centre halfs.

Every player in the team looks as if they love playing for the club, celebrations are fantastic

Firstly well done to the travel club people  and the directors for subsidising very well organised set up for the buses, felt really good going to the game.

the game was just an absolute battle from start to finish which we really got up for in the second half and once again shank land comes up with the goods, one effort in the first half was absolute class and would have been goal of the season.

big Adams and bell were awesome, some poor performances but the whole team dug in there, what an atrocious stand side linesman how he is working at this level amazes me capped with the offside when Moore was in his own half by a full yard.

lastly well done to the keeper kept on his line as he should and let the defenders deal with crosses and dealt with everything else I'm sure he'll feel great tonight, massive gamble mr McCall but you got away with it so well done.

Ayr did edge it in the second half but being biased I thought we might have got a draw with the effort that hit the post.  Shankland did have a spectacular half way line attempt which just dropped over and even I would have applauded it's skill . It was a good game in that it never dragged and all the players put in some great efforts on both sides. I was glad that we are now safe as it has been a very difficult season. The offside situation referred to is of course where Moore is in an offside position in the Airdrie half, and then goes into the Ayr half to play the ball: the rule now is that the offside award is taken from the place where he touches it. The Ayr bench went mental but I saw this happen at Raith a few weeks and was puzzled till the change in rule was pointed out to me. I don't know if it is an indirect free kick ( have they all gone apart from one?) but it could in theory be awarded anywhere in that half! Liked the atmosphere today but was far enough away not to hear any songs from the Ayr boys and no tambourine so maybe I will move my seat next season. Think Ayr will win the title and any team that scores as much as they have does deserve it. Now to help the Rovers avoid the automatic relegation spot.

Was at the game today. Fantastic win against a tough Airdrie side. To be honest, i don't know why Airdrie are as far down the league as they are. Second half was much improved though.

PS to the linesman

You can't be offside in your own half, thank you. 

58 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Where is your famous section b ?

I've a mate who's an Ayr fan.

Went down to look for him. Got asked by some tiny wee turd what I was staring at, and he proceeded to tell me I was a shitebag from 40 metres away. 

What a fucking state of affairs. 

Stevie Bell is quickly becoming a fans favourite at Ayr. Never seen one player who in such a short time at a club has built up such a rapport with the fans.

The last 4 months with us are already better than the 4 years he was with Stranraer.

Was at the game today. Fantastic win against a tough Airdrie side. To be honest, i don't know why Airdrie are as far down the league as they are. Second half was much improved though.

PS to the linesman
You can't be offside in your own half, thank you. 

You can if your off side in the opponents half and then run to your own half. Free kick to be taken where you touched the ball.

Archived