Airdrie vs Ayr Utd

To me that just sounds more likely Hart will start, suppose it depends on how you view McCall. The article also mentions us taking 22 out of 24, and if you were an outsider reading it, you'd think he'd have to be nuts at changing the keeper at this stage and with that record.

Ruddy is very lucky that the two games where he’s made errors recently (Albion and EF) we’ve been rescued by our forwards. Had we lost or drawn those two games I think more people would be calling for him to be dropped.

I was already shitting myself for this game without having to worry about what keeper plays.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tbh I think we’ll go with Hart. Maybe there’s been a “billy big licks persona” behind the scenes with Ruddy and some In the dressing room have turned. 

If Gavin Swankie’s story was true then it wouldn’t surprise me.

Comes with the territory when a young guy has been played for a big club like Rangers and then moves down south where they’re on the big bucks.

If he does get dropped then it won’t do him any favours when he goes back to Wolves. What chance has he got when he can’t hold down a spot in this league?

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

If Gavin Swankie’s story was true then it wouldn’t surprise me.

Comes with the territory when a young guy has been played for a big club like Rangers and then moves down south where they’re on the big bucks.

If he does get dropped then it won’t do him any favours when he goes back to Wolves. What chance has he got when he can’t hold down a spot in this league?

True. I did read quotes on “do you know how much I’m on a week?” If he doesn’t give a shit playing for his shirt then he’ll be picking up a lot less than a ball out the net. 

7 minutes ago, Ayrplane said:

billy big baws ‘ruddy’  Main concern is winning league. Has he - ruddy - chucked it. Who knows. Can anyone verify this?  Are we we going to miss promotion because of this. Start of season everyone knew Goalkeeper cover was dodgy . Not long ago when we were in a higher league coasting we crumbled. Are we going to do this again? The players need to get behind the best keeper to get us up!

Has Ruddy chucked it?

Is his main concern winning the league???? I f@cking hope so playing in an Ayr top!

Cover was dodgy at left back, centre back and then injuries happened in midfield. Signing Bell and playing him beside Rose was intuitive and solved a problem. 

Last season it was strikers and this season goalkeepers....never happy being Ayr fans lol. 

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That doesn't sound too good mate. Hope all is well.

Thanks.

All is well, not much more can go wrong in this family, only chance I've got in a month to see my granddaughter and it's her birthday this week, so no contest really although the football would be a lot cheaper, Easter money, holiday money and birthday will empty my pocket for a wee while.

11 hours ago, Ayrplane said:

So has he now got the confidence - after not playing - to put in a performance %? If he crumbles that’s a massive blow to our promotion hopes. If he caves in can McCall beg Ruddy to step back in. It’s a massive gamble putting Hart back in against Airdrie. It’s all a bit strange. Hart could come good but now is not the time. This could be the end for McCall

You might want to change your knickers there pal.....

Some serious flapping going on amongst the Ayr fans here.  Fun to watch.

7 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Has it been confirmed what stand we're in yet?

Same one as the play off. 

Hope for a different result and some tear stained rants similar to those the last time we played you in Airdrie.

9 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Same one as the play off. 

Hope for a different result and some tear stained rants similar to those the last time we played you in Airdrie.

Cheers. And yous better not bother your arse derailing our title bid btw.

Strange thing to have in an article, basically calling the keeper shite, at this stage of the season. Puts pressure on either keeper coming in.

That said, Ayr are easily good enough to gift most teams in this league a goal or two and still win the game.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Strange thing to have in an article, basically calling the keeper shite, at this stage of the season. Puts pressure on either keeper coming in.

That said, Ayr are easily good enough to gift most teams in this league a goal or two and still win the game.

Exactly that has happened in the last two away games. Hence the twitchy nervousness. 

To be fair, if its ruddy, i imagine he won't be giving a flying f*ck either way as he's off back to wolves once the seasons done, if its Hart then hes got more of a point to prove to McCall for dropping him.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting that it took a Raith Rovers fan, on an Airdrie v Ayr united thread, to point out what a shocking piece of journalism it was, from an Ayr United point of view.

There's plenty of interesting stories told be told down Tryfield Place, without stating the fookin detrimental obvious.

We are in the main stand as usual according to our commercial manager
Good luck with that, take your riot gear and wear no black and white colours cause folk will probably have to sit in the home end just about.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:
58 minutes ago, ecocme said:
We are in the main stand as usual according to our commercial manager

Good luck with that, take your riot gear and wear no black and white colours cause folk will probably have to sit in the home end just about.

I know, seems a strange one

IMG_5561.PNG

Archived