Airdrie vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That’s all 4 buses booked and a 5th bus is being arranged.

Anyone any idea if these will be fifty or up to eighty seaters...

Desperately sad I know but if it’s the latter then the support is looking pretty impressive already.

Is it too ambitious to think we could hit the 1000 mark here?

Probably, although it depends if we get this 5th bus filled and if another one is organised after that. Then add on all the fans that will either drive or get the train.

I reckon we’ll have 600-650 there which should be enough to outnumber the home support.

Out of interest what’s the largest away support we’ve had this season?

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is it too ambitious to think we could hit the 1000 mark here?

Was just going to ask how many people think we'll take up, how many went to St Mirren last year when  the buses free?

Reckon about 600-800, 1,000 pushing but could double that for Alloa away.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Probably, although it depends if we get this 5th bus filled and if another one is organised after that. Then add on all the fans that will either drive or get the train.

I reckon we’ll have 600-650 there which should be enough to outnumber the home support.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the stranraer games.

Re: the keeper situation - I don't actually mind if Hart plays, he isn't nearly as bad as a lot of folk make out IMO, he's just a young keeper who is fairly standard for this league i'd say.

The bigger issue for me is that decisions at the start of the season allowed this situation to happen, by going with only 2 signed keepers, one of which in Avci who was clearly never ever going to be considered for a start. I had no problem in giving Hart the gloves and in the majority of games at the start he did fine - however we ended up in a situation where he had a couple of absolute shockers and it was clear his confidence was gone and he needed taken out the firing line. If we had planned the squad better and had another similar standard keeper (ie Ruddy or anyone else) sitting ready to come in he could have done so, and it would have been a case of just giving another guy a shot, rather than a whole big issue about waiting until the window came around and signing in a replacement.

Similarly, it would then be hardly a story if they decided to switch them back again now after a couple of big errors from Ruddy.

Hopefully it won't matter anyway - we've had good winning runs and clean sheets with either of them in nets, and both of them have sold a couple of shockers at the other end. Up to the boys outfield to do the business either way.

Probably be quite a few (myself included) that would have been going anyway via other means that are going on the bus this time due to the occasion / price etc. Should still be a cracking noisy support though.

Last time I was there was the playoff final when Stevo scored, and you could hear the fans singing from some distance away on the walk in which was brilliant. More of the same hopefully..

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Probably be quite a few (myself included) that would have been going anyway via other means that are going on the bus this time due to the occasion / price etc. Should still be a cracking noisy support though.

Last time I was there was the playoff final when Stevo scored, and you could hear the fans singing from some distance away on the walk in which was brilliant. More of the same hopefully..

Think we have about 1500 that day? Great day.

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think we have about 1500 that day? Great day.

Think it was 2000, there was no more than 1100, 1200 home fans that day and our stand was more or less full in a 3300 attendance.

Remember Uncle Bill was going to take your stadium off you, well, it looks as if it's this sat we're taking it over.

You bringing a big crowd is no longer a negative now that the stadium company are involved in the running of the club. So please feel free to bring as many as you can in order to line our clubs pockets.
If we can cope with 3 and a bit stands full of Rangers fans then having half a stand of Ayr fans isn't going to be any trouble.

[emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386][emoji386]

Last time Ayr were up there was a bus full of hideous, misshapen creatures who verbally abused pre-teen kids playing football - shouting, swearing, making w@nker gestures (I kid you not - at 8-10 year olds) - it was the most ill-judged carry on I've seen at a football match ever.

Absolute scum.

19 minutes ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Last time Ayr were up there was a bus full of hideous, misshapen creatures who verbally abused pre-teen kids playing football - shouting, swearing, making w@nker gestures (I kid you not - at 8-10 year olds) - it was the most ill-judged carry on I've seen at a football match ever.

Absolute scum.

I’ve seen a bus load of Airdrie fans ambush a retirement home. True story.

I think the talk of playing Hart is more to give Ruddy a warning.  At this stage in the season I doubt McCall will change it up. 

As mentioned by someone earlier if we had both Hart and Ruddy (or an equivalent) at the start of the season it would have allowed rotation and competition for places. 

59 minutes ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Absolute scum.

Not all heroes wear capes. 

39 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Ayr fans wetting their knickers and wanking their little clits at their crowd.

If we gub them, their meltdowns would make the 6 O'clock news.

Do it Airdrie.

jeezzzo

Archived