Doonhamers v Bairns

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Not sure I understand all this Brechin stuff. They have picked up precisely 0 points in their last six games whereas you lot have picked up six and it should have been eight in the second half tonight.
No way will you lose that game and despite your form you are still in contention for fourth, unlike ourselves.

Queens will finish 8th you lot and Inverness will get above us .

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not sure I understand all this Brechin stuff. They have picked up precisely 0 points in their last six games whereas you lot have picked up six and it should have been eight in the second half tonight.
No way will you lose that game and despite your form you are still in contention for fourth, unlike ourselves.

We're not in contention for fourth at all.

That ship has long gone.

42 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Also never noticed just how many goals we have conceded compared to the teams above us.

St mirren 31,Livi 32,Dunfermline 32,United 36,Morton 29 then us 50

Infact if we keep going down Inverness 34,Falkirk 42,Dumbarton 43 and Brechin with 72 are the only team who have conceded more.

But you haven't mentioned that only St Mirren (59) have scored more and Livingston (50) the same as Queens,so just need to get the defence sorted out and we'll be fine.

We're not in contention for fourth at all.
That ship has long gone.

I am sure you know your team better than me but all of your remaining fixtures are winnable. Although I agree you need to win them all to have any chance.
Must say, this has been a pretty depressing thread.
Roll on next season....

We were at our slow, ponderous, directionless worst for most of the first half.  There was no urgency and Falkirk dealt with the very little that we offered with ease.  In contrast The Bairns played with a good tempo, pressed us well and knocked it about with aplomb.  Despite looking far superior in every department they didn't really create much, and it took a customary defensive clusterfuck from ourselves for them to open the scoring.  It was a well taken goal from whoever it was that scored it.  That will remain a mystery since our announcer appears to have taken the huff and now no longer announces our opponents scorers.  Really pathetic, and something I've meant to moan about on here for a while.  Anyway after that went in Falkirk didn't really look like adding to it, and we actually started to get a foothold on proceedings towards the end of the half, without really creating anything clear-cut.

Second half was much better as we attacked with a lot more purpose.  Joe Thomson's tireless running looked like being our best source of joy.  With Jordan Marshall doing his best to get up and down the left wing.  After those two I thought Dom Thomas was our next best performer.  Why he was hooked so early, yet Josh Todd lasted the whole game only the manager can answer?  In fairness his replacement Carmichael caused the Falkirk defence some problems and it was his great delivery that saw us take an unexpected lead.  What was much less unexpected was that we gave away a soft goal to ensure we kept up our rancid lack of home wins.

Absolutely criminal by Thomson not squaring to Todorov for a tap in.  Hard to be too pissed off at him though.  Not only is he one of the hardest workers in the team, he is one of the few with ability as well.

Lyle is done unfortunately, he didn't really have any impact on the game whatsoever.  He had one chance in the first half that he would have stuck away first time in years gone by.  Instead he took an extra touch and the chance was gone.  Fordyce did reasonably well at RB.  Looking to next season he might be worth considering as first choice RB/backup CB with hopefully two new CBs coming in.  Cameron and Brownlie can get in the sea.

All in all just a bit meh.  Can't believe we have to do it all again on Saturday.  Roll on the Summer.

First half mostly all falkirk, second half mostly all Queens. Both teams went for it, both defences pretty shite. Alex Harris and Louis longridge changed the game back in falkirks favour when they came on. I thought we were going to nick it at the death when longridge ran clear and cut back for Jakubiak, but the keeper made a good block to deny the cross.

Welsh looked fucked at the end. Blair can only play when given time and space to play. Sibbald was quiet.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I am sure you know your team better than me but all of your remaining fixtures are winnable. Although I agree you need to win them all to have any chance.
Roll on next season....

The chances of this Queens side putting together the necessary string of wins are literally zero.

Our first half performance was dreadful - how Rankin keeps being picked is beyond all comprehension.

At least we came out fighting in the second half. Falkirk were almost as bad in second half as we were in first.

As usual our complete inability to see a game out cost us a very rare home win.

:lol:

What a wee club mentality. This season really has ruined some Falkirk fans.

Don’t think that was a club statement, tbh.

Think we have unsettled business after the last meet after losing to our bitches this season. I am sure plenty of Bairns fans feel, like me, it’s tIme to address it at the weekend.

Fairly common to hear the ‘doesn’t matter’ attitude come out when you’re crapping yourself.

Roll on next season....

Even when it was in our hands there was very little belief that we would put the results together to finish 4th. And absolutely no belief that we could do anything in the playoffs.

This is highlighted by our recent awful attendances.

There’s a bit of negativity around the club at the moment and that doesn’t help the home form which is shocking. Personally I don’t think Naysmith is getting enough from the team.

Even when it was in our hands there was very little belief that we would put the results together to finish 4th. And absolutely no belief that we could do anything in the playoffs.

This is highlighted by our recent awful attendances.

There’s a bit of negativity around the club at the moment and that doesn’t help the home form which is shocking. Personally I don’t think Naysmith is getting enough from the team.

I’ve really noticed how drastically crowds have dropped at Palmerston, watching games over the years. Never really understood that as you are now an established Championship club on the periphery or in the playoffs each season.

I’ve really noticed how drastically crowds have dropped at Palmerston, watching games over the years. Never really understood that as you are now an established Championship club on the periphery or in the playoffs each season.

Two separate issues currently; one is the general decrease in attendances over the last few years. The reasons for the recent very poor crowds are more acute imo and at least partly down to the manager and home form.

Archived