Doonhamers v Bairns

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

A game we were strolling and we gift two corners and don’t defend them well enough. Too many disappeared 2nd half. A game we would have lost earlier in the season mind you.

One last hoorah Saturday against the minks. A win and get this season to f**k.

21 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That`s 100 goals in QOS league games this season. 50 for and 50 against. 

Including I think 5 games that finished 0-0 :o

Also never noticed just how many goals we have conceded compared to the teams above us.

St mirren 31,Livi 32,Dunfermline 32,United 36,Morton 29 then us 50

Infact if we keep going down Inverness 34,Falkirk 42,Dumbarton 43 and Brechin with 72 are the only team who have conceded more.

How many goals and points have our defence gifted to the opposition this season!!  The one defender I had faith in has also deteriorated rapidly lately giving away lots of space and goals from l/h side. Complete overhaul needed at the back. Joe Thomson again the standout player in team for me.

Very poor 1st half the early goal set the tone bad mistake from Cameron  .

It was like a training game for Falkirk after that we could not get near them in saying that they never really looked like they would add to their lead 

2 nd half much better from us thought Carmichael made a difference if only we could get him fit .

Just about deserved our lead but game should have been over when Thomson got through all he had to do was pass it to the unmarked Toddy to score but he had a mad rush of blood decided to shot from a very tight angle chance was gone .

Falkirk never really looked like they would score but the ball went loose in the box our defence again went missing goal .

The game sumed up our season I can see us ending up 8th no chance of the playoffs 

15 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

How many goals and points have our defence gifted to the opposition this season!!  The one defender I had faith in has also deteriorated rapidly lately giving away lots of space and goals from l/h side. Complete overhaul needed at the back. Joe Thomson again the standout player in team for me.

Thomson should have won us the game tonight what was he thinking about not cutting the ball back for Toddy  huge mistake from him .

Fordyce what has happened to him had somehow become a very poor defender .

If we had won that after that first half, it would have been a robbery.  Cameron might be the one player to make Brownlie look like Franz Beckenbauer, balls were bouncing off him (particularly for the goal), he was missing headers, he was lost in that first half. Falkirk in that first half were probably about as good a performance from an away side, very slick, quick , well organised and finding chances from tight spaces. Fortunately, Jakubiak couldn't time a run to save himself otherwise it could have been a lot more, if anything they were trying too much and if they kept it more simple they could have cut us apart easily. Meanwhile we were a shambles, Lyle wasn't getting any runners, Thomas was doing nothing, Todd struggled out there and Rankin played like Rankin has been playing for the last year. Even the consistent players like Jordan Marshall looked rattled, playing very tentatively  

I don't really know what happened in the second half be it the gale or Hartley offering the team a joint instead of a team talk but they were so bad in the second. Blair was dreadful just passing to Queens players and the second goal came from a player trying to knock it back and accidentally gave away a corner. We came out very well with Fordyce having a really good spell of around 15 minutes where he bombed down and put some pressure on Falkirk's left. Both Queens goals were simple stuff, ball broke to Thomson from a corner and he smashed it in once again (Can he teach the rest of the team how to strike a ball please?), the second, I wasn't sure what was more of a shock of Brownlie connecting well with a header, or the fact he didn't foul anyone doing so. Great ball by Carmichael. After that Falkirk largely didn't threaten and Thomson could have killed the game by squaring to Todorov but went for goal from too tight an angle . Falkirk then went up the other end and scored from quite a nice move  to be fair though it seemed far too easy. I wasn't particularly bothered as it saved me having to care about a fruitless playoff chase.

I found myself idly wondering if they still played that "Tonight's gonna be a good night" song when we win at home.  Alas, I still don't know.

Frustrating that we couldn't hold out for the win once we got in front, because an equaliser didn't particularly look to be coming.  Our second half display was much better and as Northfield says, Thomson should have put it out of reach just before Falkirk's late goal, with better decision making.

Not breaking Brechin's duck for them, really is our one remaining challenge this season.

I found myself idly wondering if they still played that "Tonight's gonna be a good night" song when we win at home.  Alas, I still don't know.
Frustrating that we couldn't hold out for the win once we got in front, because an equaliser didn't particularly look to be coming.  Our second half display was much better and as Northfield says, Thomson should have put it out of reach just before Falkirk's late goal, with better decision making.
Not breaking Brechin's duck for them, really is our one remaining challenge this season.

Not sure I understand all this Brechin stuff. They have picked up precisely 0 points in their last six games whereas you lot have picked up six and it should have been eight in the second half tonight.
No way will you lose that game and despite your form you are still in contention for fourth, unlike ourselves.

Archived