Doonhamers v Bairns

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Queens now out of the play-off race can they get a midweek home win to stop Falkirk from gaining on them before Inverness visit Dumfries next weekend?

You guys appear to be leaking a lot of goals at the moment. If Falkirk can exploit that I would fancy us to win this one.
But it will be tight...

Guest Flash
13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You guys appear to be leaking a lot of goals at the moment. If Falkirk can exploit that I would fancy us to win this one.
But it will be tight...

14 conceded in the last 5 games, so Falkirk should get a minimum of 3.

We’ve also won 1 (one) home game in the last 10 (against Brechin).

we've only conceded 2 goals in our last 6 games so defence improving however our goals against queens this season is terrible interesting to see which stat pans out Tuesday night and see if form has truly improved

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
23 minutes ago, Flash said:

we've only conceded 2 goals in our last 6 games so defence improving however our goals against queens this season is terrible interesting to see which stat pans out Tuesday night and see if form has truly improved

We've got 10 against you in 3 games but Dobbie got 5 of them himself and Jason Kerr got two. Neither will be playing on Tuesday apparently.

This will easily be our lowest crowd of the season  .Queens have no Dobbie so no hope of a win .Is it worth the £16 to watch Queens probably lose again

It'll certainly be dependent on how many Falkirk bring. I'll be extremely shocked if the home crowd breaks 1000.

If this Jakubiak bloke is as good as most Falkirk fans and the Press say he is I can see our defence getting the runaround again and (another) home defeat recorded.   Mercer was shown up again yesterday to be a League 1 defender at best, Brownlie constantly gives away needless fouls and blooters the ball at every opportunity and Fordyce has gone from being  Mr. Dependable to Mr. Nervy since returning from injury.  Naysmith's preference of playing very much left-footed Thomas on the right isn't having the desired effect. I know the theory is that he will cut in for shots on his stronger foot but there has been little success with this and he struggles to get past opponents and often slows down good attacking moves.  If Lyle isn't 100% fit I would still be tempted to start him and another up front to try and gain an early advantage then replace him later if he's struggling. Without Dobbie we are short of scoring threat and on recent form we need to score at least 3 even to have the chance of gaining at least a draw.  The quicker this season's over the better and the BoD have some big decisions to make at the end of it.

Archived